View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:09

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Starbase/homeworld bug 
Crewman

I attacked omega alliance homeworld and destroyed there starbase, after this happend the tile colour for that race turned to original (black, spacy) and all there ships dissapeard, however there planets stayed owened by them and could be attacked normally. Is this a feature? like take out there head and the network is destroyed?. In the same game i destroyed klingon homeworld also just to check, i dont think it had a starbase and the bug/feature did not repeat.
I think i have noticed this before in previous games where a starbase is over homeworld. The heyoun took out romulus and i thought there was some kind of disaster must have happend there.

ps replace there for their.

I have attached save game

Attachments:
vorger wiped out strange.sav [132.81 KiB]
Downloaded 237 times
14 Jul 2011, 11:02
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

save game - very good - I started cartare and had a look to location p24.

it's no bug when conquering home system of an empire, rest of the empire still existing - that's realistic - the foreign empire still exists until last system is eliminated (well after elimination of the last system next turn all ships and starbases disappear in BotE - that's not realistic, but it is this way in BotE, maybe it's realistic, because survifing without fresh supply won't be able for a longer time - here: for one turn). Well, last system mustn't be the last witch you see - if you see the complete map just search.

I think you noticed the difference between elimination empire and a minor race. Vorgor is a minor race. A minor race can be a space flight nation, but must not be one. By elimination of a minor race, their system is empty, but there 's no further big effect (of course traderoutes etc. are cancelled)

Destroying a starbase is just destroying a starbase, and no other effect.

14 Jul 2011, 12:39
Crewman

Sorry wrong save file, i have so many, here is the correct one and you can see immediately what happend.

I keep deleteing the game so i dont play it, then have to download it again on my 48k connection haaa.

Attachments:
fedbug2.sav [101.43 KiB]
Downloaded 228 times
15 Jul 2011, 13:11
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

only thing I saw is a major-race-free area in galaxy map. Systems (Dayos and Dendera) can be attacked, Prusa not (population = 0) - this has to be colonized.

The race-free area could be a result of: If Omega's morale was gone done, Omega colonies could have got independent by rebellion. When Omega (Homeworld and Empire) is eliminated, the independent systems are still there - without Omega colour and without (grey) colour of a minor race.

It's good that these systems can be attacked - I think there was a bug anytime, that some systems couldn't be attacked.

Attachments:
SystemsWithoutRace.jpg
SystemsWithoutRace.jpg [ 87.56 KiB | Viewed 4053 times ]

Last edited by reg on 16 Jul 2011, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.

15 Jul 2011, 15:28
Crewman

Yes sorry to go on about this, but this major race free ara came about after i destroyed the omega aliance star base ( it took a few more turns to destroy the planet population), all the colour tiles and all omega alliance ships dissapeard next turn. The planets where left with populations, which can be attacked normally as you can see.

When i destroyed the klingon homeworld, it had no star base and the next turn all planets and ships and tile colours where still there as i might expect.

I think from what you are saying is because I had destroyed lots of omega ships and planets, there other planets revolted, which would make sence. As for the klingon homeworld i just destroyed that first, and klingons have happy bonuses more than other races.

now i see not a bug, its a feature!!!

15 Jul 2011, 21:12
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

shaogul wrote:
this major race free ara came about after i destroyed the omega aliance star base ( it took a few more turns to destroy the planet population), all the colour tiles and all omega alliance ships dissapeard next turn.
well I had a further look - somethings wrong with omega's homeworld - sector name is displayed orange, not white like cartare owned and populated systems. The tile colour is cartare, but the population isn't (that's why Omega Alpha is attackable), display of race is wrong. You wrote, that you had destroyed planets population (and re-colonized?). There's something gone falsely I don't know what. It seems that omega alpha did a rebellion to itself, got a system without belonging to a empire, maybe in the same turn while destroying star base. Maybe destroying star base gave omega alpha a morale crash and the rebellion.

16 Jul 2011, 08:26
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]