View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:56

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Minor Race Editor 1.3 
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This is the thread for our Minor race editor:

http://www.botf2.com/bote/Shared%20Documents/MinorraceEditor_1.3.zip

The editor allows for quick amendment of typos or text issues, for larger restructuring of minor race behaviour and is also useful for total conversions. Otherwise you can always take notepad to do the job (actually on most BotE files) but it's way more tidious!

Important notice: There is a mistake in the editor regarding the character traits. The correct alignment is as follows:

1: Financial
    2: Warlike
    3: Agrarian
    4: Industrial
    5: Secret
    6: Scientific
    7: Producer
    8: Pacifist
    9: Sneaky
    10: SOLOING
    11: HOSTILE

22 Oct 2007, 14:28
Profile WWW
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

I see you used the descriptions directly from the database. I rewrote some of them for Supremacy. :twisted:

Nice looking editor though. Nice and simple. Is this one intended for the masses, Mal? :lol:

22 Oct 2007, 14:41
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

:waah: I found the editor! Only question is... What makes this the small version?

31 Oct 2007, 03:51
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

as you can see in the second pic i posted above, the extended editor also has the minor races attitudes changeable whereby in the small version you can only change their names..

31 Oct 2007, 07:10
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Now where's the fun in that? It's not like changing the Khaorons name to Clingy Prune Drinkers will really do anything.

31 Oct 2007, 07:19
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

you got it. we only released this small tool for english translation. The full editor most likely comes with later alphas, don't ask me why, ask sir p. ;)

31 Oct 2007, 07:25
Profile WWW
Crewman

Been looking at the minor race data file. I'm assuming the first numbers under the description, in increments of 10, are how they feel about each empire when first encountered... what order are they in? And what do the smaller numbers beneath them do? If we're to fiddle with minor races it would be nice to know which number does what.

17 Nov 2007, 19:42
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ah, you wanna "raw edit" the file ;). well, those numbers can be retrieved by looking at my blacked out screenshot above from the extended editor. these are just the numbers that are (in the same order as seen in screenshot) shown there top-down. you might wanna ask sir p. for the extended editor. it's way easier with that one. I believe he wanted to release it anyway someday..

17 Nov 2007, 19:52
Profile WWW
Crewman

From what I'd read I assumed we'd have to wait until the game was finished, but under the current circumstances that's a good idea. When it comes to things like tech and corruptibility, I've no idea which number means what.

Been contemplating a Star Wars mod, though I'm not sure how well it will fit with the game mechanics... and there's already Empire at War...

17 Nov 2007, 21:09
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

new Alpha 6.1 compatible Minor Race Editor in first post. However the english minorraces.data file included does not feature the latest german version multiple race traits, i.e. it needs someone to confer the values (ticks set in the german MinorracesDE.data file included in the zip file; rename both files accordingly so that the editor can load them both, the editor only loads the minorraces.data file so renaming it as needed does the job).

03 Mar 2012, 20:17
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]