View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 08 May 2024, 13:50

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Change Log (updated 4/9/07) 
Captain
Captain

Here is a changelog. I'll try to keep it uptodate whenever possible. I just happen to be mostly lazy when it comes to logging stuff :(

Code:

4/9/07

- Updated the Changelog!

- Added RSS_Feed vars in ***_vars.inc.php file, to enable the admin to choose to have RSS enabled or not.
      - Updated feedcreator.php to refer to the new files. (rss generation)

- Updated common.inc.php file too have better support for McCawbre's scoring system, as well as a 1/10th GDP cash number.
   - Fixed the location.php code to only update Mccawbre's equation if needed.

- Added email and jabber notification support.
      - when attacked, the defender will be notified (if they so choose), by either Gtalk and/or email. Email will come with an HTML thing identical to the message they will recieve, and gtalk will come with this stripped down. Jabber is quite dynamic, and I hope to add MSN, AIM, and YIM support soon. I already coded these into the options, all I need is the jabber stuff to code into the function.
   - Updated attack.php for Jabber and Email notification support.
      - Added the jabberclass file in the includes folder to handle this.
      - They can choose to enable notification in the profile page.

- Minorly updated the profile page to support additional IM clients,

- Added an easter egg :) (the greens may get angry)

- Began changing some of the location.php code to have multiple gifs instead of one dynamic PNG file - this is to save bandwidth, speedup load time, and allow fancy animations. Due to the new planetary hover and right click maps, I can easily update this without too much effort (whoo)

- Fixed some minor bugs.

4/7/07

Today was mostly the starbase code day.

- Added Trading Post support in port.php, and also made tradingposts/starbases different. Trading posts are controlled by the Ferengi Minor Race, and they cannot (yet) be controlled. Once I get into minor races, they *should* be able to stay mostly neutral, but their feelings toward you will change your trade rates (go dynamics and AI!)

- Fixed port.php bugs, such as lots and lots of turrets, and not being able to attack them.

- Fixed a security bug in port.php allowing enemies to take over a starbase without attacking (no one found it)

- Updated some port terminology, nothing big.

- Fixed a bug in the avatar code, causing unlimited sized images.

- Went through and commented most of my uncommented code that I thought needed commenting. This really came in handy on the 8th. I have finally gotten in the habit of commenting code.

4/6/07

Big Updates Today. Got a lot of work done, and i'm quite happy. I had been putting off doing this for a week or so, and I finally just sat down and did it. The code was terribly written before. Thats cause I tried adapting Moriarty's code, or whoever coded it originally, and that became huge and confusing. I completely rewrote it today.

- Rewrote a huge chunk of the location.php code handling planets.
    - fixed the dissapearing planets bug, as well as the unclickable bug.
    - made the code 4x smaller
      - made the code much faster
         - rewrote most of it :) - you have no idea how confusing it was. When I originally wrote it, I was in a big rush to get the updates out on time. I finally got to sit down, and make it logical, and efficient. Now I can update the right click and hover over text easily.

- Made the right click and hover over code for planets 1/6th the size, and 1/6th as confusing.
      - ties in to common.inc.and location.php, had to rewrite some of the old textbased code in the process.

- fixed the text based "cant see planets!" bug.

- fixed location.php loop bug.

- updated user.inc.php, made the code faster, and fixed an output bug.

10 Apr 2007, 04:45
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]