View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 May 2024, 15:17

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Stromgarde's thoughts on problems in Supremacy 
Admiral
Admiral

Matress_of_evil wrote:
.Iceman wrote:
This just sounds like some sort of competition with BotF, to see what more can be added.
...Your point being...? :lol: :lol: :lol:

From what I could gather from BotF, it seemed streamlined (on purpose I'd say) in order to highlight some aspects of gameplay - even if that made it look like it was too limited or simplistic. It seems to me it's being diluted in Sup with the addition of a bunch of structures - and they don't necessarily add anything new to the game. The Fed's food structures, the minors' defense structures, the energy structures, etc. Gameplay is shifting to be more dependent on the techtree, and research in this game is not very well suited for that IMO.

Quote:
the only current fix would be to manually give the minors the orbital batteries, which would then massively increase the size of the database, which I am loathe to do in this particular instance.

Well, TBH, some of the minors should not have orbital batteries at all, the Primitive ones at least - doesn't make any sense at all that they don't have the basic defense structures but they have OBs... and they *can* get those when they join an empire anyway. Like I was saying, minors' defensive structures are yet another pit...

25 May 2009, 11:34
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3