View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 May 2024, 05:26

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Buildings in build queue sometimes build too fast 
Crewman

It just happened to me: I The Vorta have just joined the Dominion, and I queued three automated farm (construction time for one: 1 turn), and the Common Market (construction time: several turns, I don't remember the actual number) in the Kurill system and ended the turn.

Now the summary window pops up, saying that all of these buildings have been finished and Kurill's build queue is empty!

(I think similar things happened when I played a few turns with the Federation: When the first building in the queue is scheduled to finish in one turn, it seems that more than one buildings are finished. This might be OK when the building costs e.g. 40 industrial points, and the planet produces 100 industrial points per turn, but it is definitely not OK when the instant-finished building was scheduled to finish in more than one turn.)

Attachments:
Bug_buile_queue1.jpg
Bug_buile_queue1.jpg [ 60.99 KiB | Viewed 1893 times ]
06 Apr 2009, 20:39
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Supremacy works differently to BOTF: NO industry will ever be wasted unless there's nothing in the build queue. (Trade goods haven't been implemented yet) If a building is completed, then any remaining industry will be diverted into completing the next building in the queue, and, if that is also completed, the next one too. Add the next, untill all of the industrial output is used.

Now your version of the game has a lot of stat errors in it - including the fact that many of the buildings don't actually have any costs set; regardless of system industrial output, these buildings will therefore be built instantly. I am personally working to fix these issues, and a *partial* update will be included as part of the impending Easter update. But i'm not finished yet, and won't be able to continue until the update is released, to avoid any wasted effort and potential incompatibilities that may arise because of the changes. I've already sent my update to Mike.

...However, some of the buildings you've built in that image are facilities, and I know for a FACT that these buildings have build costs set, even if some of them are possibly wrong. That leads me to conclude something else has gone wrong - most likely you've got a corrupted download, but just in case, if you saved your game when you noticed this happen, could you attach the saved game file to a post for us to look at? The save files are located in your Supremacy folder, and are .sav files. Just attach the one that relates to where this problem occured - assuming you saved it, of course. It doesn't matter if you don't have the game saved.

If you could try starting a new game and checking whether the same thing happens again, that would also be useful.

Once you've done that, it's best to ensure you haven't got a corrupted game. To do this, load the game, then go into the options. At the top of the screen, click on the "Updater" tab, then click on "Clear Updater Registry". Then close the game. Next, go to wherever you've saved the game, and DELETE the game. The Supremacy folder, the game files, your saved Supremacy games, everything.

Once you've done that, Download The Game Again then test to see whether the problem occurs again.

As I said previously though, there's an update coming for Easter, so even if the problems continue after you've redownloaded the game, the update might also fix it. The update itself is actually aimed at fixing several particularly elusive and annoying bugs; my content update is just a small part of that update. I'd definitely recommend redownloading the game to ensure you haven't got corrupted files anyways though, as the update itself might not clear those if the corrupted files - if indeed that is the cause of your problem - aren't ones that are part of the update. You must delete your existing game before you do that though to ensure you don't end up accidentally keeping the corrupted files.

Fingers crossed. :)

06 Apr 2009, 22:38
Profile WWW
Crewman

Matress_of_evil wrote:
...However, some of the buildings you've built in that image are facilities, and I know for a FACT that these buildings have build costs set, even if some of them are possibly wrong. That leads me to conclude something else has gone wrong - most likely you've got a corrupted download, but just in case, if you saved your game when you noticed this happen, could you attach the saved game file to a post for us to look at? The save files are located in your Supremacy folder, and are .sav files. Just attach the one that relates to where this problem occured - assuming you saved it, of course. It doesn't matter if you don't have the game saved.

I have attached a zip-file which contains two saved games: One which is ~1 turn before the bug happened, and the second one (autosave) might be just before it happened - but I don't have checked that.

Quote:
If you could try starting a new game and checking whether the same thing happens again, that would also be useful.

I am not sure if I meet the Vorta again. For testing: I assume that buildings like the Ketracel White facility have got building costs set (when I set them in first position of the queue, it correctly takes several turns to finish). I could try to set three automated farms and the Ketracel White facility into the queue and wait what happens.

BTW: If you play the Dominion and meet the Vorta: Can you immediately offer them to become a member of the Dominion, and in the first turn after they have joined, place 3 Automated farms (the farms first!) and the Common Market into the queue, after you made sure to set enough population to work in industry, so that the Automated farm costs "1 turn"? This was exactly what I did before the bug happened. If the bug does NOT happen to you, I will delete and re-install the game as you said.

Edit: Note that the rations dispenser was NOT built in the Kurill system!

Edit2: I just checked: Both saves in the zip-files are from turn 22, so they are AFTER the bug happened.

Edit3: Next check: I set 3 rations dispensers and the Ketracel White Facility into the queue in the first turn of a new game and ended the turn. It built two rations dispensers and showed that 1% of the third one was finished. I assume that this is the correct behaviour?

Edit 4: I just came across the T'Rogora system, made them a member of the Dominion and queues three Automated Farms and the Solar Panel Array (it said that this one takes 2 turns). This time it seemed to behave correctly, it built the 3 Automated farms and ended up with 76% of the Solar Panel Array completed.

So I will not yet delete and re-download the game until somebody confirms or disproves the bug with the Vorta's Common Market.

Attachments:
StarTrek_Savegames.zip [528.99 KiB]
Downloaded 155 times
07 Apr 2009, 11:30

Thanks for the files, Andi. As you said, it sounds like the buildings are building correctly now, so it might have been a random glitch or there might indeed be something wrong with the Vorta Common Market. I know for a fact though that the Vorta Common Market is one of the buildings that i've changed as part of my update, so there probably was something wrong with it...I just can't remember what it was that I changed. :ahem: :lol:

Easter isn't too far away now, so just wait for the Easter update. You'll be able check for sure whether the problem reoccurs or not then. Cross your fingers that it doesn't. :)

07 Apr 2009, 17:22
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]