View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 May 2024, 19:19

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Why don't the enemies of the Federation Attack 
Crewman

The game at the moment has most of the basic attributes of the Old Birth of the Federation however a BIG BUG is that none of the enemies of the Federation have attacked me in one case I have a fleet of warships on their home world and there still is no attack.

The other main problem is there seem to be no mechanisms to download troops to the planet you want to invade unless I missed something. I have right clicked on transports and see no option for doing that. Without battles this game will become boring very quickly please advise!

This game ha the potential to be great but it seriously needs some fighting and attacking enemies.

19 Apr 2009, 15:39
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The game is not yet even in the beta stage so there are a ton of missing features. The developers have been kind enough to release the current version to the BOTF2 community so that people can help them identify issues and make suggestions.

As to the combats and enemies not doing anything, there is no AI yet so the enemy won't do anything at all really, and the combat system is currently a separate program which is also not complete yet.

The troop issue is because I don't believe, as far as I can tell that they have that feature in the game yet and so it will be added later.

I hope that helped answer your questions. You can check the download thread and in the first post the developer (Mike) details basically what you can do with the current version. Here is the link: http://www.botf2.star-trek-games.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1356. You can also check the known issues thread to see what other things people have said all in one nice post here: http://www.botf2.star-trek-games.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2669.

19 Apr 2009, 15:55
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Kaladin is correct; the game is currently at a very early stage in development and lacks a lot of features that would make the game playable - but these WILL be added as part of future updates. The invade system order is simply one of the features that hasn't been implemented yet but will be coming in future.

As Kaladin said, the game lacks an AI (Artificial Intelligence). The AI is basically what controls the other empires and minor races, but it will also have a number of other uses, such as controlling the system governors that will decide what to build in systems that you tell the game to automate production in. As there is no AI to control the other races and empires, they quite literally sit there and do nothing because they don't know *how* to do anything - not even feed themselves.

This most certainly isn't a bug, it's simply a case that it hasn't been built yet, but it will. The AI will likely be the most difficult-to-program part of the game, and as such it's going to need a lot of development time; we've looking at implementing a very basic AI in the game within a years time. Obviously we can't see the future though; it make take less time than this, then again we may encounter problems or delays. But an AI will be implemented in the game eventually, and once it does, we'll all be able to play a proper game. :mrgreen:

The KNOWN ISSUES IN THE CURRENT VERSION OF SUPREMACY thread in the Supremacy Bug Reports forum contains answers to many of the issues like you just mentioned. It actually already explains about the AI, but it didn't contain a section on the troop transports. I've now ammended it to explain this. Please take the time to read the thread, and check it out whenever it is listed as being updated because it is a locked topic - it will therefore only show up as having "new" posts if it has actually been updated to contain new or updated information.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, rjoseph70. :)

19 Apr 2009, 17:56
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]