View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 May 2024, 17:41

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Production Sliders 
Crewman

I looked around the bug reports section for this one but couldn't find it, forgive me if it's already been mentioned...

Every once in awhile when I adjust the production sliders I get a windows error message and the game crashes. It doesn't seem to happen with any particular slider. Also, sometimes when I add a labor point nothing happens. Like I have 4 points in food, I add one and the food production is still the same as when I had 4. So far this is the only type of crash I've had (at all) and the only bug (that hasn't already been reported). Here's my latest error log:

Quote:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Supremacy.UI.UnitActivationBar.OnPreviewMouseLeftButtonDown(MouseButtonEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyUI\UnitActivationBar.cs:line 593
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnPreviewMouseLeftButtonDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.CrackMouseButtonEventAndReRaiseEvent(DependencyObject sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnPreviewMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

While I'm in the bug section... Someone in another thread had mentioned not being able to build solar arrays. I've had no such problem, pretty much every system I control is able to build it. It was said that would be fixed in the easter update, but as far as I can tell I'm only up to the christmas update because I still have that ridiculous christmas tree on the main menu.

01 May 2009, 19:33
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

There is a known bug with the production sliders, but i've not heard of it resulting in a crash before. The known bug HAS been fixed in the Easter update, (I know because i've playtested a beta version of it) so with any luck the crash problem has also been fixed.

The problem with the Solar Panels is my fault, and is due to an incorrect setting in the editor. The same problem affects a number of structures because I believed the requirements system was an or system rather than an and system. For example, if you set the requirements a structure to Terran, Jungle, Oceanic, the game will take it as meaning the structure requires a Terran AND a Jungle AND an Oceanic planet, instead of requiring a Terran OR a Jungle, OR an Oceanic planet. Unfortunately I only found out about this after I sent the update to Mike, so the Easter update will NOT fix this problem. I also can't continue to work on updates until after the Easter update is released or my updates will not be compatible - so i'm waiting for the update just as much as you are. :P

I've sent Mike a PM, and i'll try and speak to him if I see him online. The Easter update should be released any time soon now, but i'll nudge him soon as I see him in case he forgot. :)

*Edit - I just saw Mike on MSN. He's been swamped with work and hasn't been able to get the update ready for release yet. He'll put it up soon as he can.

01 May 2009, 22:52
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]