View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 18:23

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Asimoffs Feedback Thread 
Crewman

Played all Races So Far except Romulans, this is definatly the best looking BotF 2 mod that i have played. the whole interface / look is very polished. I really enjoy it and it looks great, I am playing as the klingons at the moment, and i have noticed the same problem that i saw with the Dominium, A very sudden explosion in Population growth rate, one system shot from 226 up to 622 in just a matter of a few turns, what i am going to do is actually keep a record of the growth turn by turn, for the next system i colonise, to see where it happens, and yes i was watching what bonus structures i was building, in fact i did not build any in the last system in case one of the structures was causing the excellerated growth.

also "Forced Labour Foundry" and "Mining Prison" have a Bonus of "+-1 Morale" the "+" needs to be removed.
"Private Ranches" only give a Bonus of +3 Food, which seems a little small +30 might be more reasonable as "Targ Breeding" gives +25 Food +1 Morale. and the "Private Ranches" are more advanced.

Well thats all for now, I will post more later.

Great work with this Game, I Love it :waaah: :clap:

05 Nov 2009, 09:09
Crewman

Oh Add to the list "Forced Labour Farms" as well

05 Nov 2009, 09:13
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It's not exactly a "mod" , it's a self-programmed full game, hasn't got any botf code in it.

05 Nov 2009, 09:28
Profile WWW
Crewman

Thats why I refer to it as a game at the end of my Post, but i have played several other Mods as well, which was why i said MOD at the beginining of my post, Although i must admit i have had more experience with mods than with stand alone fan made games.:)

05 Nov 2009, 09:33
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

alright. it might just sound a bit misleading first time you read over it.

05 Nov 2009, 09:35
Profile WWW
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples

Asimoff wrote:
also "Forced Labour Foundry" and "Mining Prison" have a Bonus of "+-1 Morale" the "+" needs to be removed.

This problem had already been discussed in a post about the "+" too.

05 Nov 2009, 10:46
Crewman

Malvoisin wrote:
alright. it might just sound a bit misleading first time you read over it.

Ok, I conceed that point i soppose :)

05 Nov 2009, 11:49
Crewman

starfleet.command wrote:
Asimoff wrote:

This problem had already been discussed in a post about the "+" too.

Sorry you will have to forgive me on that, and probobly many more times as well, as i am "Shiny and New" to this site and you guys have been posting for years on here, so there is no way i can read everything you've all written, so please forgive my need to catch-up :doh:

05 Nov 2009, 11:52

No problem, man. All bugs encountered such that will be corrected by Mike. Don't worry about that and you are welcome.

05 Nov 2009, 14:38
Crewman

ok i have been monitering a newly colonised system, and have not built any structures that boost growth and so far i have gone from 50 to just over 200 with small incremental growth, going from 3 each turn at the start, up to 9 each turn now, and the system stil has the same growth rate of 3.3%. i will continue to moniter this till it reaches maximum size then i will try it with a new system and build the growth bonus structures, to see what happen's :klingon:

Ok i have monitered the first system all the way to full population and i found that it was still to fast for me to build structures to use the workforce, and this was without building any structures with growth bonuses.

I will try the next system with the bonus structures. :klingon:

05 Nov 2009, 18:25
Crewman

:klingon: right the next system has a maximum of 475 population

9 turns of an increase of 3 population
7 turns of 4
5 turns of 5
4 turns of 6
4 turns of 7
3 turns of 8
then it became 1 per turn.
I built the Atmospheric Condensers & then Purification Plants. but no other bonus buildings, so it must be one of those that is effecting the growth rate, The Original growth rate was 4% but with the two buildings it only went up to 4.5%.

Weird huh :question:

05 Nov 2009, 23:48
Crewman

just to add to my little bit of research, i scrapped the growth bonus buildings and now the systems growth is 10 per turn. :winkthumb:

06 Nov 2009, 00:47
Crewman

Started a new game as the Federation : Research Completed on Integrity Fields, allows the new Tech of Deuterium Plant and Purification Works which is Listed 3 times ?

But on closer inspection i see that they are for different planet types, would it not be possible for just one of them to be listed as useable on all three planet types ?

06 Nov 2009, 01:40

Asimoff wrote:
Purification Works is Listed 3 times

Note:
• There are three Purification Works structures in the Research screen!
This is the result of a now-obsolete workaround that was caused by an inflexibility in the editor. Mike has now updated the game, so the extra buildings are no longer needed. Unfortunately, the editor doesn't currently work so I can't fix it - yet. The extra buildings will be removed when the editor works again.

06 Nov 2009, 14:26
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

As starfleet quoted from my known bugs thread, the three structures are there because of an old workaround. But the editor stopped working in the last update because Mike is working on a new version of the editor and he didn't bother updating the editor to keep it working with the game. So we currently don't have an editor to make any database changes to the game. Once the new editor is released, we will be able to do updates again, including removing the extra Purification Works.

06 Nov 2009, 15:48
Profile WWW
Admiral
Admiral

Asimoff wrote:
so far i have gone from 50 to just over 200 with small incremental growth, going from 3 each turn at the start, up to 9 each turn now, and the system stil has the same growth rate of 3.3%.

Not sure if you mean there is any problem. Not sure also, by your post, if you understand how it works.
If growth rate is say 5%, if you have 50 pop then next turn you'll have 5% of 50 more, that is, +2.5 for a total of 52.5.

Quote:
then it became 1 per turn.

Have you built the Habitation Projects or something? There was a problem with those. Check the known issues thread to learn about identified problems.

Quote:
I built the Atmospheric Condensers & then Purification Plants. but no other bonus buildings, so it must be one of those that is effecting the growth rate, The Original growth rate was 4% but with the two buildings it only went up to 4.5%.

The growth rate bonuses are %s over the %, so that a 10% bonus over a 5% growth rate means a 5.5% modified growth rate.

06 Nov 2009, 17:19
Crewman

Hi, Iceman.

If you read back through my posts you will see that i was experiencing uncharacteristicly high growth rates with dominium and Klingon settlements, so i started monitering the growth rate of settlements.

The reference to the Growth rate going from 4% to 4.5% was because it had gone from +8 per turn down to +1 per turn when i built the growth structures. but when i scrapped them the it went back up and leveled off at +10 per turn before it reached the systems maximum population.

06 Nov 2009, 18:27
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]