View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 May 2024, 21:33

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 A few bugs in the May update 
Crewman

1) When a ship is selected it no longer shows the stats of that ship (shield, hull, fuel). Makes it hard to know how much fuel a ship has.
2) Double clicking an entry in the summary no longer takes you to the corresponding system screen.
3) There are three different purification works. They appear to be different versions for different types of planets, but that makes them show up as three separate entries in the research screen and the build screen. Is this intended?
4) There are two different orbital batteries, one with a picture and one without. They have slightly different descriptions.
5) Game crashed when I met the Klingons. Error file attached.
Attachment:
Error.txt [5.27 KiB]
Downloaded 189 times

24 May 2009, 06:40
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Thanks, that error log is quite useful. I should be able to track down the problem quickly. The summary window links are a known issue--I plan on redesigning the summary window to be similar to MoO3, so I didn't bother updating the current one. I just recently noticed the missing tool tips for task forces, so I'll get that corrected ASAP. I'll leave the other issues to Matress, as he's managing the game data at the moment.

Thanks again for your feedback--posts like these help ensure a better game for all of us :bigthumb:.

Attachments:
enhanced_summary_dialog.png
enhanced_summary_dialog.png [ 913.22 KiB | Viewed 4368 times ]

24 May 2009, 13:11
Profile WWW
Admiral
Admiral

3) MoE seperated the PWs into the different types of planets they can be built on, to make them usable I guess, since their restrictions were making them only buildable on systems with *all* the planet types, instead of at least one of them.
4) Those are the universal one, buildable by all majors (not really intended) and minors; and the empire specific ones, for the majors only (which should obsolete the universal one). Each empire-specific one has a description corresponding to the weapon type they use (disruptor, etc).

25 May 2009, 11:58
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

@BIGchikin: Are you sure it was the Klingons you met when the game crashed? Did you encounter any other races or see any other entries in the summary window?

25 May 2009, 17:03
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

i guess the error occurs still with the diplomacy. I played a few games and every time i made a minor joining my empire a crash happens. No not everytime but when it crashed then one turn before i made anything within the diplomacy screen. If i only fly around and colonize system i think i can play forever.

25 May 2009, 17:57
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

.Iceman is correct about points three and four; whilst they seem like mistakes, they represent workarounds that i've implemented to get around other problems. Could you possibly look at these for me Mike?

3) The multiple Purification Works. I wanted these to have a Terran *or* Oceanic *or* Jungle requirement, but the game takes it as an *and* function instead of *or*. I created the three separate buildings to get around this. Am I setting it up wrong or could you somehow change the way the editor is set up to allow this?

4) The dual Orbital Batteries. Kenneth has come up with specific models for six different Orbital Batteries (Five Empire ones, plus a generic one for the minor races) so i've created separate database entries for each of these. The minor race one is set as buildable by all, but the Empire ones are *supposed* to obsolete the minor race ones. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to happen; the buildable by all function over-rides this. Could you perhaps change this so it can be obsoleted? The only alternative would be to manually give each of the minor races Orbital Batteries or to just have one and waste all of Kenneth's work on the models and textures.

26 May 2009, 00:17
Profile WWW
Admiral
Admiral

Or have just one OB and have the code select which image to display (or have the editor be able to) based on which empire built it. This however limits the flexibility of having OBs with different stats for each empire, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem (there are structures that enhance OBs).

26 May 2009, 10:53
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

I already changed the planet requirements such that they are logically ORed together instead of ANDed.

26 May 2009, 12:01
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
The game plays better with ORs.

26 May 2009, 13:55

Ok, i'll remove the additional structures when the editor is working again. I'll add it to my fix list for the time being.

26 May 2009, 15:36
Profile WWW
Crewman

mstrobel wrote:
@BIGchikin: Are you sure it was the Klingons you met when the game crashed? Did you encounter any other races or see any other entries in the summary window?

It was definitely the Klingons as they were the first other empire I had encountered. There were other entries, but I'm not sure if there were any other encounter entries.

27 May 2009, 08:09

We think we've found the cause of the problem, Bigchikin, but you probably won't want to implement the temporary fix; the problem is casued because the minor race emblems aren't being encoded correctly in the game, causing them to corrupt and crash the game; the only way to currently fix it is to delete the images that are causing the problem, and unfortunately there's a lot of them. These images are the insignia images for the minor races that don't start with __ (Two underscores) in the file name. You can either delete these images (Or better yet just move them into another folder until the game is fixed so you don't have to redownload them all) or wait until Mike fixes thebug in the next update.

27 May 2009, 12:49
Profile WWW
Crewman

there was a small update this morning

i don't know if it's linked but after to have finished a turn there was an unhandle exeption

Attachments:
Error.txt [5.3 KiB]
Downloaded 205 times
06 Jul 2009, 09:24
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]