View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 May 2024, 21:52

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Error after updating to Easter edition 
Crewman

Good day. Attached is the error file generated after I tried to start the game. The game loads the initial splash screen, then the screen goes black for a while, then I get an error pop up. This error began occurring after I updated the game to the Easter edition. Hope this information is helpful.

Attachments:
Error.txt [4.83 KiB]
Downloaded 174 times
25 May 2009, 06:54
Crewman

Hi guys, awesome work so far!

Like a few others when I updated to the May release I kept getting the black screen and error pop up. On checking the date stamps in the Supremacy directory I noticed the SupremacyClient.exe was still the previous version (Dated Feb '09). To get around the problem I downloaded the Zip file from the download section (Sept '08 version) and ran the update again, only this time I manually copied the update files from the UAB folder into my Feb '09 folder, overwriting all files as prompted, the SupremacyClient.exe file now with the correct date stamp worked ok for me and i've been able to run a new game now.

I don't know if this has something to do with the new HttpDownloader.dll that Mike posted in another post but the issue seems to be with the update system itself.

For more info I ran the update originally on my desktop (Vista SP1) and Laptop (W7 RC1) with the same crash results.

25 May 2009, 21:38
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hey guys, you'll be pleased to know that we've found a potential fix for your problem. :)

Darth Locutus, you're correct; the fix is to do with the HttpDownloader.dll file. As you know, i've posted this in other threads, but here's the fix again.

Quote:
Download This File straight into your main Supremacy folder, and it will ask you whether to overwrite the existing version of the file. Say yes.

Next, click on Start => Run, and type "%temp%/UAB" (Without the quote marks) into the box that appears and press enter. A folder called UAB will then open. If there are any files or folders inside the UAB folder, delete them all, then load the game and cross your fingers. This fix also works for problems with the updater.

26 May 2009, 00:08
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]