View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 May 2024, 13:40

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 crash on minor race joining the Federation 
Crewman

First I would like to say thank you to all those involved in this project. What an amazing amount of work has already been done!

While playing thru the game I recieved a crash. This crash occured during a minor race joining the federation. Previously during this game I had been able to get other minor races to join. This invitation to join the federation was different from earlier attempts in that more than one race was contacted on the same turn. See the error.txt information below.

Exilesbane
Newest Supremacy supporter!

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

----------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.SetupDecoderFromUriOrStream(Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, Guid& clsId, Boolean& isOriginalWritable, Stream& uriStream, UnmanagedMemoryStream& unmanagedMemoryStream, SafeFileHandle& safeFilehandle)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.CreateFromUriOrStream(Uri baseUri, Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy, Boolean insertInDecoderCache)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame.CreateFromUriOrStream(Uri baseUri, Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy)
at System.Windows.Media.ImageSourceConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
at MS.Internal.Data.DefaultValueConverter.ConvertHelper(Object o, Type destinationType, DependencyObject targetElement, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isForward)
at MS.Internal.Data.TargetDefaultValueConverter.Convert(Object o, Type type, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.ConvertHelper(IValueConverter converter, Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.TransferValue(Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.Activate(Object item)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.AttachToContext(AttachAttempt attempt)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.AttachOverride(DependencyObject target, DependencyProperty dp)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.Attach(DependencyObject target, DependencyProperty dp)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.OnAttach(DependencyObject d, DependencyProperty dp)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.SetDependencyValueCore(DependencyObject dependencyObject, DependencyProperty dependencyProperty, Object value)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.SetDependencyValue(DependencyObject dependencyObject, DependencyProperty dependencyProperty, Object value)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.SetDependencyComplexProperty(Object currentTarget, BamlAttributeInfoRecord attribInfo, Object o)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.SetPropertyValueToParent(Boolean fromStartTag, Boolean& isMarkupExtension)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadElementEndRecord(Boolean fromNestedBamlRecordReader)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolean singleRecord)
at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilderBamlTranslator.ParseFragment()
at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
at Supremacy.Client.Dialogs.SitRepDetailDialog.InitializeComponent() in c:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Dialogs\SitRepDetailDialog.xaml:line 1
at Supremacy.Client.Dialogs.SitRepDetailDialog..ctor(SitRepEntry sitRepEntry) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Dialogs\SitRepDetailDialog.xaml.cs:line 28
at Supremacy.Client.Dialogs.SitRepDetailDialog.Show(SitRepEntry sitRepEntry) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Dialogs\SitRepDetailDialog.xaml.cs:line 47
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GalaxyScreenPresenter.ProcessSitRepEntries() in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GalaxyScreen\GalaxyScreenPresenter.cs:line 487
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GalaxyScreenPresenter.OnTurnStarted(EventArgs args) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GalaxyScreen\GalaxyScreenPresenter.cs:line 469

----------------------------------------

07 Jun 2009, 20:27
Crewman

I've received the same error twice now. And in both cases, it was when the Caldonians joined the Federation. I've had other minor races join with no problems.

09 Jun 2009, 14:59
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just curious (as I dont have the game on this computer and haven't checked) but are the paths hardcoded in for files or are they dynamically called for because I noticed things like this:

C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Dialogs\SitRepDetailDialog.xaml.cs

I don't recall if installing the game created those directories...

09 Jun 2009, 23:02
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hi Exilesbane, welcome to the forums! :)

Can you remember which minor race it was that joine doyu? It's possible there is something wrong with specific minor races, if Gooseman is correct. I'll pass on the error message to Mike anyways. Thanks for posting the error report.

Kaladin, don't worry about that. I asked Mike about it a long time ago, and he said the path is on his computer not yours. The error reports display locations like that to help help him trace problems to specific files on his own computer. There's method in the madness, don't worry. :wink:

09 Jun 2009, 23:12
Profile WWW
Crewman

I have also experienced this while having the Kesprytt join while playing as Federation... My error.txt is identical to Exilesbane's.

EDIT: You can also add the Vissians to that same list.

15 Jul 2009, 07:34
Crewman

same here

2 joining the same turn

B'Omar have been welcomed then the error msg
the 2nd was t'rogoran the game had crashed before the welcome msg as member

Attachments:
Error.txt [5.3 KiB]
Downloaded 157 times
24 Jul 2009, 09:24
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]