View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Sep 2024, 19:59

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 starbase 
Crewman

hi again well im able to play the game now finaly and its great only problem ive had so far is when i try to construct a starbase the game crashes on me ive checked the error thing in its folder and it has nothing on it how can i use starbases any1 no if u can yet

fox

01 Dec 2009, 05:07
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Glad to see you got the game running. Wait on building an outpost or starbase until the next update.
:borg:

01 Dec 2009, 12:25
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

As Kenneth said, avoid building them for the time being. The game crashes for everyone, not just you, because there's a bug in the game. Mike knows of the issue and will fix it in the next update. Unfortunately the update is a long way off. It will also require the installation of .Net 4.0 to play. (Which hasn't yet been released and is part of the reason why the update is a long way off)

01 Dec 2009, 20:28
Profile WWW
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

It's a shame we won't get it for cristmas.

01 Dec 2009, 20:43
Profile YIM WWW

We still might get it for crimbo...but for christmas 2010, of course.

02 Dec 2009, 00:07
Profile WWW
Crewman

dam it i have to wait even longer just to use star bases that sucks but i supose i have no choice but to wait so il play sum of my other new games i just downloaded then to pass the time lol

fox

17 Dec 2009, 03:24

Well I can say that the wait will be worth it, even if we don't yet have a time frame for when Mike is going to release it. I do know that the update will require the installation of .Net 4.0, which hasn't yet been released. But from what he has told me, we can expect:

• Update to .Net 4.0 Requirement
  • Improved logging of errors, allowing for better tracking of the causes of crashes.
  • Improved support for ultra-high resolution displays.
  • Addition of support for *some* low-resolution Netbook displays.
  • Improved support for Windows 7 (Whilst there have been some, any reported issues have fortunately so far been few and far between)
  • Most structure images have been improved or completely replaced.
  • Most races have brand new Emblem images.
  • Most ships now have updated or brand-new renders of the actual ingame tactical combat model.
  • Implementation of some features that i'm not yet allowed to announce. :mischief:

In addition to these, there are some other updates that are coming, but I don't know whether they will be in the next update or a later one:

• Release of the brand-new editor, possibly including a language editor (For game translation) and/or a map editor, and/or a random events editor.
  • Once the editor has been released, I will personally be adding 13 new canon minor races, new ships, hundreds of new structures, updating the ingame texts, and fixing typos.
  • Once the random events editor has been released, I will personally be expanding the random events system to include, where possible, all of the randoms in our Random Events List.
  • Replace the current placeholder Intelligence screen with an as-yet unannounced feature.
    [I'm able to mention this because we have accidentally announced elsewhere on the forums that updates of some kind are coming]
  • As-yet unannounced updates to the research screen.
    [I'm able to mention this because we have accidentally announced elsewhere on the forums that updates of some kind are coming]
  • Addition of some fantastic new artwork from a professional artist for an as-yet unannounced feature.
  • Major changes to the morale system due to the addition of an as-yet unannounced feature.

I hope that whets your appetite. :smile:

17 Dec 2009, 21:39
Profile WWW
Crewman

oooooh yummy

18 Dec 2009, 14:12

Mike just posted a new update. The game now has a built-in clock so you can check how long you've been playing. :razz:

20 Dec 2009, 23:02
Profile WWW
8 of 9, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 001

Oh I see. Did he also say that we'll be able to send an electric shock through our computers to us after, say, 5 hours straight of gameplay? :P.

May... now with expectedly warm weather!

25 Dec 2009, 00:08

Yes, the shocks will be dispensed automatically whenever you lose a game. We shall call this shock feedback. The game will also come with a warning that it shouldn't be used by people with heart problems. :romulan:

No seriously, nothing yet...but i'm sure it's on his to-do list. :lol:

25 Dec 2009, 17:33
Profile WWW

I look forward to this feature. But barring that, I thought a feature that shuts down the game after about 3 1/2 hours would work wonders :grin:. But I'm good for now, I got Star Trek on DVD for Christmas. I can't stop watching the gag reel. It's amazing :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:. Well, that's it for now :borg:.

25 Dec 2009, 21:39

Ah gag reels. That's what Youtube is for. :mrgreen:

As for autoshutdowns, they're already in. But we prefer the terms 'bugs' and 'random unexplainable crashes'. See? Mike provides us with exactly what we want. :lol:

25 Dec 2009, 22:20
Profile WWW

:clap:

Good one.

26 Dec 2009, 11:22
Profile YIM WWW

Ah yes. Those random unexplainable crashes seem to plague many games. I wonder if there's something major developers aren't telling us? Ah well it doesn't matter. I've now stopped laughing at the gag reels, and I am busy attempting to make this mobile webcam I got for Christmas work. Once it works, well, it'll really be a mobile webcam (if I ever get it to work). Well, that's about it for now. :borg:

26 Dec 2009, 22:34
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]