View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 May 2024, 10:15

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 download failure 
Crewman

I downloaded Supremacy after having my computer cleaned out and more mem added. Still i have dialup and it took about 10 hours or so (I left the computer on and fell asleep!). I woke up and it said download complete but it was only 95 or so MB of a 119MB download and will not setup. i get incomplete or corrupted
file notice. is there a problem or should i try another 10 hour download? thanks!
Tim

15 Dec 2009, 07:18
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Locating a WiFi hot spot where you can download would go faster if you have the means to access and transfer the download. If that is not an option restarting the same download should pick up where it left off and hopefully complete the download.
:borg:

15 Dec 2009, 13:50
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Incomplete downloads do occasionally happen, and if they do, i've found that the best thing to do is to delete everything you've already downloaded and start from scratch. Obviously that's far from ideal for yourself though.

As Kenneth said, try and reconnect; the download may pick up where it left off. Alternatively try and find a hotspot, but seeing as you're using dial-up that doesn't sound like it's an option for you either.

So your best bet is to start thinking alternatives; beg, borrow, rent, steal. Do any of your friends or neighbours have broadband access? Can you get time online in your local library, school, workplace or community computing area? Are there any internet cafes nearby? Think about hotels and restaurants as well, as they often offer free or paid-for services. McDonalds apparently have free hotspots as well, assuming you can fight your way through the hordes of kids. Some public payphones allow you to go online too, although whether they are capable of letting you download to a memory stick or whatever i'm not sure.

Good luck. :)

15 Dec 2009, 23:09
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]