View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 25 Jun 2024, 07:31

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 Error Report (Bugs?) 
Crewman

I don't know where else to post this but I've never done a bug report to help devs before so I'll just post everything in my error report text file for you devs. I hope this helps. Keep up the good work I can't wait to see a finished product

I began a game as Cardassians, Small Galaxy, Elliptical:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Supremacy.Client.Views.GalaxyGridView.<.ctor>b__0(Object , RoutedEventArgs ) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClient\Views\GalaxyScreen\GalaxyGridView.xaml.cs:line 38
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

----------------------------------------

18 Sep 2009, 08:30
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

I've downloaded new updates for the game and the game crashes when I start it.
This is in the Error log:

Could not load file or assembly 'AvalonLibrary, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b5d01516e28df45f' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at Supremacy.Client.GameScreen.ResumeAnimations()
at Supremacy.Client.GameScreen.OnShowCore() in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClient\GameScreen.cs:line 135
at Supremacy.Client.GameScreen.GameScreen_IsVisibleChanged(Object sender, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClient\GameScreen.cs:line 118
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseDependencyPropertyChanged(EventPrivateKey key, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnIsVisibleChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.UpdateIsVisibleCache()
at System.Windows.UIElement.InvalidateForceInheritPropertyOnChildren(Visual v, DependencyProperty property)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnIsVisibleChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.SynchronizeForceInheritProperties(UIElement uiElement, ContentElement contentElement, UIElement3D uiElement3D, DependencyObject parent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnVisualParentChanged(DependencyObject oldParent)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnVisualParentChanged(DependencyObject oldParent)
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.FireOnVisualParentChanged(DependencyObject oldParent)
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.AddVisualChild(Visual child)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.set_TemplateChild(UIElement value)
at System.Windows.StyleHelper.AddCustomTemplateRoot(FrameworkElement container, UIElement child, Boolean checkVisualParent, Boolean mustCacheTreeStateOnChild)
at System.Windows.Controls.ContentPresenter.UseContentTemplate.BuildVisualTree(FrameworkElement container)
at System.Windows.StyleHelper.ApplyTemplateContent(UncommonField`1 dataField, DependencyObject container, FrameworkElementFactory templateRoot, Int32 lastChildIndex, HybridDictionary childIndexFromChildID, FrameworkTemplate frameworkTemplate)
at System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.ApplyTemplateContent(UncommonField`1 templateDataField, FrameworkElement container)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ApplyTemplate()
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)
at System.Windows.Controls.Decorator.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Documents.AdornerDecorator.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Controls.Border.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Window.MeasureOverrideHelper(Size constraint)
at System.Windows.Window.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.SetLayoutSize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.set_RootVisualInternal(Visual value)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.set_RootVisual(Visual value)
at System.Windows.Window.SetRootVisual()
at System.Windows.Window.SetupInitialState(Double requestedTop, Double requestedLeft, Double requestedWidth, Double requestedHeight)
at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindowImpl()
at System.Windows.Window.SafeCreateWindow()
at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
at System.Windows.Window.Show()
at System.Windows.Application.<RunInternal>b__8(Object obj)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

11 Oct 2009, 17:21
Profile YIM WWW
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

This is an easy one because i've seen it so frequently. The fact that it mentions it is "unable to load file or assembly 'Avalon Library, Version=1.0.0.0" in the first line means your error is being caused by Microsoft's .Net Platform; so either you've got the wrong version of it, it's not correctly installed, or it simply isn't installed in the first place.

The correct version that you need is .Net 3.5 Service Pack 1. You can download it from Here. Don't worry about installing all of the previous versions of .Net, that download will install all of the components that you need.

If the game still doesn't work after installing it, post here again and we'll see what else, if anything, we can do. Fingers crossed. :smile:

11 Oct 2009, 23:39
Profile WWW

Well I have two copies, one I've personally modded, and one I update. The one I've modded works, and updated one doesn't.

12 Oct 2009, 12:27
Profile YIM WWW

Hmm...ok then, try following these instructions with the buggy updated version. Leave your modded version alone since that one works. I'm not sure if it will work or not because they are instructions for a different problem, but that problem is caused by updating the game too. I posted these instructions in the known issues thread so i'll just paste them here:
Quote:
Replace the HttpDownloader.dll file in your main Supremacy folder with This One. Then, click on Start => Run and type "%temp%UAB" (Without the quote marks) in the box that appears and press enter. This will open a folder called UAB; if there are any files or folders present in the UAB folder, delete them all. Run the game and if it says an update is available, let the game download it then restart the game.

If the update gets stuck in a loop or crashes after you do this, post here again. I'll do what I can to help, but Mike is busy at the moment and i'm not an expert at error messages. I just recognise error messages that i've seen before. :razz:

12 Oct 2009, 13:57
Profile WWW

Thanks for the help, I'll try that. I'm currently working od Random event images and will do that in my free time.

12 Oct 2009, 14:00
Profile YIM WWW

I've downloaded the new version of the game completely instead of updating and it works.
I started a game with the federation, supreme tech level. When I try to build a station with the construction ship this error comes up (From the Error.txt)

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Supremacy.Orbitals.BuildStationOrder.FindTargets(Fleet source) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Orbitals\FleetOrders.cs:line 877
at Supremacy.Client.Views.GalaxyScreenPresenter.ExecuteIssueTaskForceOrderCommand(Pair`2 p) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClientComponents\Views\GalaxyScreen\GalaxyScreenPresenter.cs:line 201
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Commands.DelegateCommand`1.Execute(T parameter) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Desktop\PrismV2\CAL\Desktop\Composite.Presentation\Commands\DelegateCommand.cs:line 81
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Commands.DelegateCommand`1.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Desktop\PrismV2\CAL\Desktop\Composite.Presentation\Commands\DelegateCommand.cs:line 107
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Commands.CompositeCommand.Execute(Object parameter) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Desktop\PrismV2\CAL\Desktop\Composite.Presentation\Commands\CompositeCommand.cs:line 177
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)

16 Oct 2009, 13:34
Profile YIM WWW

Well i'm glad you fixed it...even though technically didn't. :razz:

The Outposts problem is known, and as it's a programming issue, there's no way to solve it at the moment. It was a bug that was introduced with the May update. The only advice I can give is don't build stations at all. :sad:

Mike knows of the problem, so the next update, whenever that may be, *should* contain a fix.

16 Oct 2009, 17:23
Profile WWW
Crewman

When I start the program, reported an error unable to load.

Detail of the error.txt as follows:

Could not load file or assembly 'AvalonLibrary, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b5d01516e28df45f' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at Supremacy.Client.GameScreen.OnShowCore() in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClient\GameScreen.cs:line 135
at Supremacy.Client.GameScreen.GameScreen_IsVisibleChanged(Object sender, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Mike Strobel\Workspace\supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyClient\GameScreen.cs:line 118
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseDependencyPropertyChanged(EventPrivateKey key, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.InvalidateForceInheritPropertyOnChildren(Visual v, DependencyProperty property)
at System.Windows.UIElement.SynchronizeForceInheritProperties(UIElement uiElement, ContentElement contentElement, UIElement3D uiElement3D, DependencyObject parent)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnVisualParentChanged(DependencyObject oldParent)
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.FireOnVisualParentChanged(DependencyObject oldParent)
at System.Windows.StyleHelper.AddCustomTemplateRoot(FrameworkElement container, UIElement child, Boolean checkVisualParent, Boolean mustCacheTreeStateOnChild)
at System.Windows.Controls.ContentPresenter.UseContentTemplate.BuildVisualTree(FrameworkElement container)
at System.Windows.StyleHelper.ApplyTemplateContent(UncommonField`1 dataField, DependencyObject container, FrameworkElementFactory templateRoot, Int32 lastChildIndex, HybridDictionary childIndexFromChildID, FrameworkTemplate frameworkTemplate)
at System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.ApplyTemplateContent(UncommonField`1 templateDataField, FrameworkElement container)
at System.Windows.Window.SetupInitialState(Double requestedTop, Double requestedLeft, Double requestedWidth, Double requestedHeight)

09 Nov 2009, 05:07

Hey Ephon, i've actually already posted the fix for your problem multiple times on the forums, and I just replied to your other post about the problem with the fix. Please don't double-post about stuff like this, people like me read the forums several times a day, so we won't miss your post.

Your error report is saying there's a problem with .Net; either it's not installed, it hasn't installed correctly, you've installed the wrong version, or you need to turn .Net on (If you're using Windows 7).

You can download .Net 3.5 SP1 from Here. Installing (Or reinstalling) it will fix the first three issues that I mentioned.

If you're using Windows 7 and have already installed .Net 3.5 SP1, I coincidentally posted the instructions on how to enable .Net in the Supremacy download thread about 10 minutes ago. Here's the instructions again for you:

Quote:
NOTES FOR WINDOWS 7 USERS

Supremacy is Windows 7 compatible, but it requires the running of the .Net platform. Unfortunately, .Net may be turned off in Windows 7, which will prevent the game from loading. To turn it back on, follow these instructions:

• Open the search function and go to "turn windows features on or off".
  • Find "Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5,1".
  • Click on it and it will show two more lines with check boxes next to them. Tick both of the boxes, and then select ok at the bottom of the window. .Net - and Supremacy - will now be able to run.

09 Nov 2009, 13:45
Profile WWW
Crewman

Hi Matress_of_evil, I'd followed as per your instruction (Using Window Vista Basic) but the game still unable to load. The error message as per below. For your info I'm able to play the game before the update take place.

10 Nov 2009, 18:18
Crewman

Hi Matress_of_evil, after I viewed one of the solution you'd posted in other reply, I followed to the letter and it works. Sorry for double posting. Will remember not to build the outpost as of yet.

10 Nov 2009, 19:08

Hi Ephon, i'm glad the solution you found worked. may I ask exactly which one it was that you followed? Once you've had a chance to play it properly, any feedback on the game you might have would also be appreciated. :)

10 Nov 2009, 23:01
Profile WWW
Crewman

Matress_of_evil, this is where I get the solution from:

Quote:
Report this postReply with quoteRe: 'Unhandled Exception' after update and a few other things
by Matress_of_evil on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi Aresius, welcome to the forums!

I know the cause of your problem, but it means you're going to have to redownload the game and supplement one of the files. It's an extremely common problem, but part of the game corrupted whilst you downloaded it.

Delete your existing copy of the game, then redownload it into a new folder.

Next, download This File and save it in your main Supremacy folder; when it asks, let it overwrite your existing HttpDownloader.dll file.

Once you've done that, load up the game and allow it to perform an update. Most people find the game works again after they have done this. If it doesn't though, please let us know and we'll see if we can come up with any other ideas.

Once again thank you.

11 Nov 2009, 06:36

Hmm interesting. That fix is normally needed by people who have updater problems rather than play problems. Oh well, i'll keep it in mind if anyone else posts a similar issue. :)

11 Nov 2009, 11:58
Profile WWW

The game crashed several times while playing as Dominion, at various turns while building various buildings, but all in early stages of playing (5~30 turn), and only while playing as Dominion.

Attachments:
Error.txt [5.27 KiB]
Downloaded 223 times

28 Dec 2009, 15:28
Profile YIM WWW
8 of 9, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 001
8 of 9, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 001

Really? I have no problems playing the Dominion. I have a game going at around turn 150 or so, so I can't see the problem.... I suppose I could read the error.txt..... :borg:

May... now with expectedly warm weather!

28 Dec 2009, 16:30
Crewman

ok.
I installed .NET 3.5 with the link that was given.
nevertheless I get the following error after updating:

does anybody know what to do?

08 Jan 2010, 11:29
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

dilk2702 wrote:
ok.
I installed .NET 3.5 with the link that was given.
nevertheless I get the following error after updating:

does anybody know what to do?
It sounds like the updater did not properly update the AvalonLibrary.dll file. I'm not sure why this would happen, but if someone w/ a working (updated) copy of the game uploads that file for you, then you can try replacing it manually.

08 Jan 2010, 12:26
Profile WWW

Try with this one:

Attachment:
AvalonLibrary.rar [116.6 KiB]
Downloaded 235 times

just unzip the archive and replace the old with this dll in your supremacy folder.

08 Jan 2010, 13:05
Profile YIM WWW
Crewman

I just copied the file in but the error still is existing with the same error log entry.
any other suggestions?

08 Jan 2010, 14:50

I would suggest exactly what Mike said, as the error message directly refers to a problem with .Net and the Avalon library. Update them, and it'll work. But if that's not working, then something else is going wrong.

What version of Windows do you have? If you've got Windows 7, .Net needs to be activated before it will work. I've posted instructions on how to do that in one of my previous posts in this thread. Just scroll up until you see the Windows 7 logo.

08 Jan 2010, 22:24
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Matress_of_evil wrote:
What version of Windows do you have? If you've got Windows 7, .Net needs to be activated before it will work. I've posted instructions on how to do that in one of my previous posts in this thread. Just scroll up until you see the Windows 7 logo.
He wouldn't be getting that far if it was a .NET issue.

09 Jan 2010, 05:31
Profile WWW

Still, he hasn't said what operating system he has yet. I've asked him in another thread and no reply there either. If this is a bug, then knowing the operating system may help to nail it down.

09 Jan 2010, 13:33
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Still, he hasn't said what operating system he has yet. I've asked him in another thread and no reply there either. If this is a bug, then knowing the operating system may help to nail it down.

Doesn't look like an OS issue here, it looks like he has two files referencing different versions of AvalonLibrary.dll. Which suggests he has Supremacy DLLs and/or EXEs from two different versions, indicating some sort of botched update.

09 Jan 2010, 18:43
Profile WWW

I believe that fresh download and installation should solve the problem.

09 Jan 2010, 20:28
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]