View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 16:20

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Unhandled Exception 
Crewman

Hi Guys,

I installed Supremacy today and played for 2 hours - before I log this error let me just say I am SOOOO impressed! Can't wait for the final product!

I was about 50 turns in and had just saved the game. I proceeded to the next turn, met the Klingons and then the Error struck. When I got chucked out and reloaded my saved game, I recreated the same error again. Please find the txt attached.

I have a few more bits of feedback which I will add to another discussion board.

Keep up the great work!!! Looking forward to advertising this game to my friends!

2 of 9

Attachments:
Error.txt [5.27 KiB]
Downloaded 247 times
08 Aug 2010, 15:59
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Welcome 2of9 and thanks for the feedback. We can check out that txt file. Matress may have more to say about it.
Yes, we would like help with a viral campaign when the multi-player version comes out in the next few months. We will also need some players to join us online. :wink:
:borg:

08 Aug 2010, 16:59
Crazed Emissary of the Photoshop

So, what do you think, could you win against the developers of the game? Can't wait to find out.

08 Aug 2010, 17:36
Profile YIM WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I am so going to get my arse kicked when that happens. My head has been down in the models and art. I do not remember how to play the game.

08 Aug 2010, 18:03
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hmm i'm not sre about this one. It's definitely not a problem with .Net or the infinite update loop problem, so I can't advise.

I'll forward your error log to the Developer, Mstrobel, but he's currently busy with some personal stuff so I don't know how long it will be before you receive a reply, 2of9. :sad:

By the way, welcome to the forums! :smile:

Lol i'll probably be the same too Kenneth. I know how the game works, but I don't know how to work it. :razz:

08 Aug 2010, 18:04
Profile WWW

It seem that I will probably be the best ally to make since I'm regularly testing and playing the game. Recently I've played a game with the Romulan empire from the first tech level to the last (1000+ turns). I took a screenshot, but I can't find it at the moment.

08 Aug 2010, 18:11
Profile YIM WWW
Crewman

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the prompt feedback already! Sadly, it's happened again. It seems odd but I manage to get to around turn 52-54 and I get this unhandled exception! I guess I will have to wait until the developer guru(s) have a chance to look at it. I've attached the latest error log, in case it helps!

Incidentally, I've already started my own mini-advertising campaign by word of mouth and hooked two of my friends! They were just as impressed by the amount of work that's been put in and how awesome it looks so far! I really can't wait for the Beta! Sadly, all I can do is play-test for the next week before I'm backup to my eyeballs in work!

One more question: I have briefly looked at some of the feedback so far and was wondering if any of you have any recommendations as to where I should post development ideas? Mostly minor stuff so far like being able to double click on an event in the summary and be taken to the event, paying to finish builds etc. Thoughts?

And if you do a multiplayer session soon, let me know and I'll see if I can join in! I'm no expert but at least I remember how to play! LOL

2 of 9

Attachments:
Error.txt [5.27 KiB]
Downloaded 219 times
09 Aug 2010, 12:29

2of9 wrote:
Incidentally, I've already started my own mini-advertising campaign by word of mouth and hooked two of my friends!
Word of mouth is the best way to advertise the game, so thanks for spreading the word! Try to get them to sign up to the forums and post feedback as well; the more feedback we have - both good and bad - the better we can make the game and the sooner we can fix the bad bits. :)

2of9 wrote:
They were just as impressed by the amount of work that's been put in and how awesome it looks so far!
You and your friends ain't seen nothing yet, mate. The artwork we've got ready for the next update is going to blow your mind. It's gonna be a big download, but it'll be worth it. :love:

2of9 wrote:
Sadly, all I can do is play-test for the next week before I'm backup to my eyeballs in work!
Playtesting is actually one of the best ways people can help us. The more computers that the game is tested on, the more feedback we can get. If someone tests it on a particular computer configuration and has problems, we can look at the game to see what the cause may be. Conversely, if another computer configuration works, then we know that the game will work fine if others have the same configuration. :)

2of9 wrote:
One more question: I have briefly looked at some of the feedback so far and was wondering if any of you have any recommendations as to where I should post development ideas?
Please post in the Screens, Info and Planning forum section. Or you could even post in this thread. All of the staff read the forums as frequently as we can, and we're not Nazi's about where people post. If you have an idea or question, we'll always respond as quickly as we can.

2of9 wrote:
Mostly minor stuff so far like being able to double click on an event in the summary and be taken to the event
It doesn't matter how small you ideas are, an idea is an idea and we love to hear about them! We actually have plans to majorly improve the turn summaries with colour-coded information (Eg display famines in red). Players may even be able to select their own colours. The information will also be sortable, and players might even be able to tailor the exact information they want reported (Eg. turn random event notifications off). Double-clicking an event would definitely be a nice new feature. :)

2of9 wrote:
paying to finish builds etc
Already planned...sort of. Supremacy will NOT have an instant-build feature like BOTF. Instead, you will be able to pay to increase the build rate, and the cost will depend by how much you what to make it faster. The faster the build time reduction, the more you'll have to pay. Payment will be per-turn as well, rather than a single payment. But this is only planned. We're still discussing the specifics of how the system will work.

2of9 wrote:
And if you do a multiplayer session soon, let me know and I'll see if I can join in! I'm no expert but at least I remember how to play! LOL
If you fancy playing against someone, post a date and time that it will take place on the forums in the General Chat forum section. Just remember to post whether you're Uk, America etc because things can get tricky with time zones. You might even be able to have a five-way game then. :wink:

09 Aug 2010, 13:14
Profile WWW
Crewman

Ok, so for what it's worth, I did some testing of my own and found out what causes my exception error, sort of: Every time I ask the Vissians to become Members of the Federation, on the turn that they except, I get this Exception. Hope that helps!!

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Word of mouth is the best way to advertise the game, so thanks for spreading the word! Try to get them to sign up to the forums and post feedback as well; the more feedback we have - both good and bad - the better we can make the game and the sooner we can fix the bad bits. :)

I encouraged them to either sign up for the forums or feed stuff back to me to post! :D

Matress_of_evil wrote:
You and your friends ain't seen nothing yet, mate. The artwork we've got ready for the next update is going to blow your mind. It's gonna be a big download, but it'll be worth it.

Sad as it may sound, my friends and I are excitedly waiting for the next update! Actually, we're kinda drooling in anticipation of the Beta when the tactical is merged with the strategy parts of the game!

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Playtesting is actually one of the best ways people can help us. The more computers that the game is tested on, the more feedback we can get. If someone tests it on a particular computer configuration and has problems, we can look at the game to see what the cause may be. Conversely, if another computer configuration works, then we know that the game will work fine if others have the same configuration. :)

Glad we can help by playing! It's a tough life! We'll keep working! :winkthumb:

09 Aug 2010, 14:43
Crewman

Had to end the previous post as the Forum editor was doing some wierd stuff!

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Please post in the Screens, Info and Planning forum section. Or you could even post in this thread. All of the staff read the forums as frequently as we can, and we're not Nazi's about where people post. If you have an idea or question, we'll always respond as quickly as we can.

Glad to hear it! Will make a short list of stuff and post it this week! :bigthumb:

Matress_of_evil wrote:
It doesn't matter how small you ideas are, an idea is an idea and we love to hear about them! We actually have plans to majorly improve the turn summaries with colour-coded information (Eg display famines in red). Players may even be able to select their own colours. The information will also be sortable, and players might even be able to tailor the exact information they want reported (Eg. turn random event notifications off). Double-clicking an event would definitely be a nice new feature. :)

Great! I have a number of small-medium ideas, so far mostly just user interface-type things like the double clicking or scrolling through all your systems using the arrow keys rather than having to use the drop down, etc.

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Already planned...sort of. Supremacy will NOT have an instant-build feature like BOTF. Instead, you will be able to pay to increase the build rate, and the cost will depend by how much you what to make it faster. The faster the build time reduction, the more you'll have to pay. Payment will be per-turn as well, rather than a single payment. But this is only planned. We're still discussing the specifics of how the system will work.

That sounds like a good system, even if a bit complicated! :confused: I'm sure i'll figure it out once it's implemented!

Thanks for all the info!! :grin:

09 Aug 2010, 14:52
Crewman

Hello 2of9,

i got the same error a few days ago. I built a starbase (fed) and a lot of turns (about 60 turns) later this error occured.
I solved this problem by scrapping the starbase, afterwards this error didnt occur for another 200 turns.

Maybe you ve built some starbases too (which seems to be bugged im some ways). You should try to scrap them and see if the bug diminishes too.

Hope i could help

Pyridin

15 Nov 2010, 11:49
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Welcome Pyridin
Yes, the bases are an issue in the current version.
It is hoped the next update will fix that.

15 Nov 2010, 12:17
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]