View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 05 May 2024, 04:21

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Assorted Bugs 
Crewman

Hi Guys, a few bugs to report/help with:

Unhandled exception error when minor races become members: When playing as the federation, I have noticed that all the races that have the default insignia (_default in the Insignias folder) all seem to cause an unhandled exception when they become members of the federation. This does not occur with any other kind of treaty or any race that has a unique, non-default insignia.

Habitation Build: For some reason, this build (which I think is very clever by the way!) doesn't seem to work on all worlds - It does work in the Sol system for example but does seem to on other colonized worlds.

Tributes: I'm not sure if this was intentional for play-testing purposes, but Tributes paid on the Embassy pages do not seem to be deducted from your resources in any way.

Research: I haven't figured it out yet, but there seems to be some incongruity between the % increase of each of the research areas, the amount of bonus and the amount of empire wide research points. Is there a differing level of increase for each technology even at the same level? And why can the encyclopedia not be used to look up future builds in order to plan research? Was that intentional too?

Hope these are of some help! THANKS!!

28 Aug 2010, 11:22
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

2of9 wrote:
Unhandled exception error when minor races become members: When playing as the federation, I have noticed that all the races that have the default insignia (_default in the Insignias folder) all seem to cause an unhandled exception when they become members of the federation. This does not occur with any other kind of treaty or any race that has a unique, non-default insignia.
This is a known problem, but thanks for reporting it anyway. As you noticed, the problem is caused by a lack of insignia images. Zeleni has been working behind the scenes on a boatload of new images, including new insignias, so this shouldn't be an issue after the next update.

Quote:
Habitation Build: For some reason, this build (which I think is very clever by the way!) doesn't seem to work on all worlds - It does work in the Sol system for example but does seem to on other colonized worlds.
We know about this too. Our current advice is simply not to build the Habitation Project lol.

2of9 wrote:
Tributes: I'm not sure if this was intentional for play-testing purposes, but Tributes paid on the Embassy pages do not seem to be deducted from your resources in any way.
I've heard of this problem before, although i've not tested it myself. I believe the reason why it's not deducted is because you're not actually sending anything. Diplomacy is very much still a work-in-progress so expect changes in the future (Not necessarily in the upcoming update though).

2of9 wrote:
Research: I haven't figured it out yet, but there seems to be some incongruity between the % increase of each of the research areas, the amount of bonus and the amount of empire wide research points. Is there a differing level of increase for each technology even at the same level? And why can the encyclopedia not be used to look up future builds in order to plan research? Was that intentional too?
The different research fields and levels each have their own unique requirements - the numbers are different for techs in different fields but of the same level. This isn't immediately obvious though because the research is shown as a percentage instead of a number. You can check - and change - the numbers in the ResearchMatrix.xml file, which is in your Supremacy/Resources/Data folder. You can open xml files in Notepad if your computer asks you which program to open the file with.

If you make any changes, remember to stop the game from performing updates as it incorrectly identifies mods as outdated files - and then attempts to overwrite them. You can turn the auto-updater off in the game options menu, although this will prevent you from receiving legitimate updates. We will post on the forums or even send out a mass email when the upcoming Supremacy update is released though, so don't worry about this.

As for not being able to see future techs, yes, this was intentional. It's meant to be a game feature. Whether or not it stays in will depend on player feedback.

Keep posting if you have any further comments. :smile:

28 Aug 2010, 11:39
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]