View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 17:24

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Found a number of bugs 
Crewman

I have found a number of bugs so I am going to list them in no particular order: (I apologise if these have already been mentioned.)

1) Cannot scrap or upgrade Starbases
2) the game crashes when I build numerous (i cannot remember but i think more than 20) Starbases
3) The radius my ships can go to doesn't update I have to save an re-open to get it to work sometimes.
Lot of problems relating to diplomacy...
4) after offering a gift to a minor race it doesn't update there feeling toward my empire with some and not others.
5) with one minor (cannot remember which one sorry) they didn't have any speech when replying the diplomatic offer.
6) any form of agreement disappears the turn after it has been made and is not registered and kept.
7) after getting 3 minor races to join it crashes the game.
8) Race you have as members are not logged it often forgets they are members or it only shows one minor race as a member
9) in one case it told me a minor race was a member but the star system was unselectable
10) Moon Habitation only worked once on the first game I played, then at 1 pop growth a turn (to slow in my opinion considering 5.4% growth rate for the system.), but in every other game it has registered the extra space but the population does not grow.
11) I know the AI is not enabled on the other races, but in the last game I sent 4 troopships to Cardassia but right clicking on the troopships only gave me the scrap option, so i declared war, but still could not invade.
12) I don't know if this is a problem or not but the constructor doesn't have an option to terraform.

I hope this information helps.
I just want to say I love what has been done so far in this game in many ways a vast improvement, I look forward to seeing what happens next.

27 Apr 2012, 00:36
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Welcome makoballs, it is good to have your input. Here is a link that outlines many of the know issues.
http://www.botf2.star-trek-games.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3173
Much of this relates also to parts of the game, like diplomacy, being incomplete.
:borg:

27 Apr 2012, 00:45
Crewman

Thank you for your quick response, I will look into it cheers and keep up the good work :D

27 Apr 2012, 01:59
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
So glad you've joined us.

27 Apr 2012, 14:18
Admiral
Admiral

Regarding your last 3 points,

10) There is a problem with pop growth that also affects the %GrowthRate structures, somehow making pop growth be reduced to the minimum (1 pop per turn).

11) In the public version there is no bombardment and invasion yet. They're implemented in the internal build though.

12) The construction ship is not supposed to terraform, only to build outposts and starbases.

27 Apr 2012, 15:20
Crewman

Thank you guys its great to know you are on the ball and respond to posts.

Cheers I am glad to be a member, I am so impressed with what has been done so far.

27 Apr 2012, 18:08
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]