View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:27

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 8/25 game 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Great game all but the better news is Mike Mobley has joined the coding team. Mike Strobel has given him the green light to start looking into issues. They had a good talk about code and the project. I hear also that Bloodwurm is back from vacation.

Iceman, I know you can find the right place for the issues to go so please do move, edit and correct as you see fit. Mike Mobley is looking for a coherent game issue list. Can you help him with that please?

Issues from this game:
1. There can be a miss match in transferring game data from the host to other online players. Players appear to load one at a time while the host has first access. If the host makes some changes in the game including clicking turn it can cause a miss match with those still loading. Mike M. can explain it better but that is what I understand. Suggested that a status list could show people loading into the next turn before you could start working on your turn to keep it lined up.

2. Request that when we start to build out the Intel we turn off the f12 cheat key and then give the view that other players have to you based on the quality of your spying. That would be in addition to stealing tech development and whatever else we can think of.

3. A spectator mode was suggested. At one point we had more than five players and one was just listening on Skype. Also we loaded saved games and one player was able to take over where another had left. Only the host is still named and loaded into their prior played race. If you send a saved game by email I guess you will be signed in as the prior host? That might create a conflict if you do not name yourself as the same player found in the saved game. This is something VinculumOne can test. I sent you two Vin.

4. We know Diplomacy is not complete. Just observed that there is no way to accept an offer to team up in any way. Expected that but was interesting to look at so Mike M. knows what needs doing.

5. We have seen before that ship building continues after a host system is blasted to dust. This time we saw that the shipyard remained powered even with no energy being produced to run it. A ship would have been built had they not run out of dilithium. Wonder if we can add them into combat in that section of space? We have the models after all.

6. Starfleet asked for a more complete list and explanation of random events. Even the Religious Holyday could have wording that is unique to each major race. I do not know if that is something we can build in the xml files or needs more hard coding. So far I guess the Religious Holiday is all we have for those.

7. Some of the combat outcomes have appeared to be too one sided. There can be other factors like having new technologies but still would like to have the balance looked at. I would expect more damage on the victorious fleet than we are seeing.

8. Is the Cardassian advantage in ship building too great? VinculumOne thinks so for some very odd reason. He can explain it better as he wins every time he plays the Cards.

9. Can you think of anything I missed?

25 Aug 2013, 22:34
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I also win with other races unless you team up or I make a real bad fault :cool:
but yeah, cardassians are pretty strong

25 Aug 2013, 23:05
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Was thinking it would be nice to set a time limit on games. As long as we can save games we could come back to them in a week or two. There would be some changing of who plays what but so what.

26 Aug 2013, 03:05
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples

If you decide to add a new random event in the next update, i wish you add the SUBSPACE ANOMALY description for all the empires (who stop the warp during ___ turns) (same random event in original BOTF)

An anomaly on the edge of the Galaxy has led to instabilities in the fabric of subspace. Our researchers recommend all Warp travel be ceased until the fabric of Subspace repairs itself. Warp drives have been shut down throughout our territory. Our colonies will have to do without supplies until Warp can successful be attained again. (Federation)

An anomaly on the edge of the Galaxy has rendered Warp drive useless throughout the Empire. mu'qaD! Our warriors are stranded and unable to fight for the Empire! (Klingon)

We use Subspace to send ships to the far corners of our Empire and beyond, but Subspace is a fickle friend. An anomaly at the edge of the Galaxy has led to instabilities in Subspace, rendering Warp Drive inoperable. It is of no consequence however, as our enemies will also be affected by this lack of Warp Capability. The Tal'Shiar will use this event to their advantage... (Romulan)

Anomalies are the worst nightmare of an engineer. Now they are the nightmare of our logistical efforts. An anomaly near the edge of the Galaxy has damaged Subspace. Warp Drive will be impossible until the damage is repaired. Our Fleets will dead in the water for some time. (Cardassian)

A mere whim of the Founders can make the Galaxy tremble. An anomaly near the edge of the Galaxy has rendered Warp drive inoperable. We must spend the extra time thanking the Founders for giving us this moment of rest. (Dominion)

26 Aug 2013, 11:48
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]