View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:17

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Re: Trekwar 0.4.0 Single Player Pre-Alpha Testing 
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Going to the US / comic con in 4 days.. So won't be around for 2-3 weeks.

After that Hopefully some of you will have filled out the survey ;)

And I'll start planning what to do before the multiplayer test (mostly bugfixing).
And will probably redesign a few things (that was shown not to work very well in the pre-alpha test).

I'm also planning a tool that will allow you to start up a client with only the shipdesigner window enabled, so you can make designs, then set up fleets and have them fight and see the results. Should make it easier to balance ships (and will also release this tool for everyone who would be interested).

08 Jul 2011, 17:25
Profile WWW
Admiral
Admiral

A ship/battle editor would be great for testing.

---

Invasions are not working, confirmed.

Ship experience is not implemented yet, right?

In a battle, my 8 Excelsiors vs Gowron's fleet (6 HeavyAttackers), I had no losses. Just an observation.

End Turn also resets Fleets box view to the first tab/fleet in the list.

The game freezes if you have 3 fleets in the same sector and move the single ship in fleetA to fleetB and in the same turn move it to fleetC.

When merging 2 fleets, all ships in the source fleet are moved immediately, except the last one which only moves after End Turn.

It'd be nice to be able to tell if a system has a shipyard both in the system box and on the starmap.

About the +15/-1 sensor strength issue, is it possible that stars set sensor strength in their sector to -1 by default, even if they're colonized but are adjacent to another colonized system? Because uncolonized systems/stars inside scan range are grayed out, with sensor strength -1.

With the new UI, in empty sectors, besides showing coordinates also show sensor strength?

In the research screen, when you click on the next to last tech in a field, and then on the last one, the "Turns to research" display is wrong (seems it displays the last value displayed, it's not refreshed). If you then click on any other tech in the same field, and then back on the last tech, it will show the former correctly but the latter will keep the same value as before.

Is it intended that Biological techs are much easier to research than all others? ~half than some of the other fields.

Weapons 9 description typos:
aganinst -> against
explotions -> explosions

Galaxy description typo:
equiptment -> equipment

Attachments:
battle.jpg
battle.jpg [ 155.65 KiB | Viewed 3278 times ]
08 Jul 2011, 19:51
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Iceman wrote:

<K9 voice from doctor who>Affirmative!</K9>

Iceman wrote:
In a battle, my 8 Excelsiors vs Gowron's fleet (6 HeavyAttackers), I had no losses. Just an observation.

Yeaaaah, battle is done very simple now: throw lots of ships into a big bag, take out random ship, if the ship has enough action points find a random enemy for it to shoot at.
Repeat until no ships have action points left, then reset all action points (this marks another round of space combat).. Repeat this until you get a ship that has no enemies (means only 1 faction left).

So you get a statistical "side-effect", with many rounds and distributing the damage, if your fleet is a fair bit bigger than the enemy, you will not have any loss of ship (just lots of damage to hull and armor).. So I either need to make armor/hull take a LOT longer to regenerate.. OR make ships favor already damaged ships when targeting (don't just take a random enemy).

Making armor/hull take alot to repair, and only allowing repair at starbases would maybe be fun tactically, but might make it too complex for players. So not sure which way to go with that choice yet =)

Would like some input on this from a few different people, which sounds more fun? :)

Iceman wrote:

I know, will be fixed with new fleet/system UI

Iceman wrote:
The game freezes if you have 3 fleets in the same sector and move the single ship in fleetA to fleetB and in the same turn move it to fleetC.

When merging 2 fleets, all ships in the source fleet are moved immediately, except the last one which only moves after End Turn.

added to bug list

Iceman wrote:
It'd be nice to be able to tell if a system has a shipyard both in the system box and on the starmap.

will be added with new fleet/system UI

Iceman wrote:
With the new UI, in empty sectors, besides showing coordinates also show sensor strength?

Iceman wrote:
Is it intended that Biological techs are much easier to research than all others? ~half than some of the other fields.

There is a little difference, but should not be as much as half.. I'm scheduled to go trough the research cost of all techs, but waiting for some feedback (survey) first.

08 Jul 2011, 20:08
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Iceman wrote:

<K9 voice from doctor who>Affirmative!</K9>

Iceman wrote:

Yeaaaah, battle is done very simple now: throw lots of ships into a big bag, take out random ship, if the ship has enough action points find a random enemy for it to shoot at.
Repeat until no ships have action points left, then reset all action points (this marks another round of space combat).. Repeat this until you get a ship that has no enemies (means only 1 faction left).

So you get a statistical "side-effect", with many rounds and distributing the damage, if your fleet is a fair bit bigger than the enemy, you will not have any loss of ship (just lots of damage to hull and armor).. So I either need to make armor/hull take a LOT longer to regenerate.. OR make ships favor already damaged ships when targeting (don't just take a random enemy).

Making armor/hull take alot to repair, and only allowing repair at starbases would maybe be fun tactically, but might make it too complex for players. So not sure which way to go with that choice yet =)

Would like some input on this from a few different people, which sounds more fun? :)

Iceman wrote:

I know, will be fixed with new fleet/system UI

Iceman wrote:

added to bug list

Iceman wrote:

Iceman wrote:

Iceman wrote:

There is a little difference, but should not be as much as half.. I'm scheduled to go trough the research cost of all techs, but waiting for some feedback (survey) first.

08 Jul 2011, 20:09
Profile WWW
Admiral
Admiral

Making existing damage skew (random) target selection would be nice IMO. The higher the damage taken, the more likely the ship will be targeted. This would still keep some of the "horde" effect, but somewhat keep it in check and avoid making it abusive/overpowerd/exploitable.
Not sure if you have some form of initiative system (for who fires first), but damage ships could also fire last (queued according to %damage taken?). It's probably related to Agility/Maneuverability?

08 Jul 2011, 20:28
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Iceman wrote:
This would still keep some of the "horde" effect, but somewhat keep it in check and avoid making it abusive/overpowerd/exploitable.

Yeah, if you got 10 ships vs. 1 then that 1 ship is probably going to get whacked without getting off many shots no matter what :)

Iceman wrote:
Not sure if you have some form of initiative system (for who fires first), but damage ships could also fire last (queued according to %damage taken?). It's probably related to Agility/Maneuverability?

No, so far it's just random, but all ships have a set amount of action points, so that everyone gets equal chance to fire it's weapons. Ships getting damage can loose action points, so by being damaged they get to fire fewer weapons.

08 Jul 2011, 21:56
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3