View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:48

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Diplomacy 
Crewman

Any chance Diplomacy will be included in Trek War in v 1.0 or in a future featured update?

18 Mar 2012, 03:25
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply.
I would definitely like to add a form of diplomacy and trade to the game.

Currently there is only one game mode, "faction vs. faction" where all klingon players try and kill all the federation players. So there is not much room for diplomacy in that mode.

But I do plan to add a Free for all gameplay, where faction vs. faction combat is allowed. In that mode there are several options for diplomacy (sharing map, share techs?, sharing ship designs?, giving ships/troops/planets, + trade).

I would of course like to add trade, but this game is not like civilization or other games with lots of different resources. There basically is just deuterium (fuel) and ore (for hurrying production), but I would like to enable trading with these resources as well as giving away ships / planets / share map for X number of ticks, or whatever.

Maybe I need to add Latinum as a resource, as I'm planning to add NPC planets + moving trade ships users can interact with to buy special ship types and unlock rare technologies / ship components or planet structures.

But both of these features might be a while away. Suggestions for features (including trade and diplomacy) are as always very welcome

12 Apr 2012, 00:14
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]