View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:18

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 About troops and outposts 
Cadet
Cadet

I've been playing BOTE recently and just thought I'd post up some things I'd noticed. Hope these haven't already been mentioned before.

1) I'm assuming that there will be more work done on the planetary invasion side? Right now the troops you can build are good early on, but soon become ineffective. By TL 9 or 10 I (as coalition) had to send in 65 troops to take a planet... and most the time they annihilated the population rather than conquering it! Very annoying, especially as Coalition is very intolerant of that kind of thing. There needs to be some way of focussing more on the enemy troops (or whatever is fought against when no troops are present) instead of pop and building damage. I know orbital assault ships can help, but I don't think it's enough as is.

2) Outposts and Starbases. I think there should be an entry in the research/ship design section for them, even if it is just to view the current stats so you can tell what a starbase/outpost is going to be like before you build it. Since the outposts come along tech wise before starbases there are times when you DON'T want to upgrade as the starbase that replaces it is actually inferior! Plus, I think later on there should be the option of upgrading an outpost or starbase, to the current level (outpost to outpost II etc) at half cost as well as upgrading from outpost to starbase. That would solve some of the problems I've noticed recently.

(Ack, this isn't really the right place to talk about this is it? If someone can move this to the appropriate thread I'd appreciate it)

13 Mar 2012, 20:17
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

1) more work is already done. The new troop types and units need to be code-wise implemented first though. They are fighting against local police and militia, unmanned drones and automatic "home defense systems" when no troops are present.

2) viewing stats should be available with the encyclopedia then. good idea with the upgrade to current tech.

14 Mar 2012, 07:41
Profile WWW
Cadet
Cadet

I guess I should have said 'half the time' rather than 'half the cost' to upgrade the stations. I'm assuming it will still cost a transport no matter how long it takes

14 Mar 2012, 20:30
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]