View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:24

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Great game, a few things I've noticed and suggestions 
Crewman

Hi

Some bugs / suggestion, in no particular order other than the order I remember them.

• Note all buttons are animated (change colour when you press it)
  • Don't seem to be able to cancel a ship movement, can change desination but not cancel)
  • In the system page, the resource allacation could be fitted onto one page on larger resolution computers (saves have to keep switching)
  • Be able to continue after you've won the game.
  • Sometimes it seems no matter how much you gift a minor, there is no change in the relationship
  • There can be a infinate loop of bribe succesful and the minor resigning the membership with the major again,
  • Intercept option for fleets
  • I've had it where a major dies but they still have populated planets, these planets become un conquerable, and you cannot bombard it and colonise it neither
  • Sell option in the empire resource page, rather than having to double click to go to the system and then back to the trade page to sell
  • When a comp and human player has a ship to colonise the same planet, the computer always seem to win
  • Intel possibel targets never seem to be filled
  • Text sometimes extend pass the text box, with not auto scroll bar
  • Be nice to have the original BOTF dropdown system selector in the system page, rather than having to go to the empire page to navigate
  • Be nice to have the option of different overlay in the system page, i.e. a scanning overlay , trade overlay , defence (System is red if no defence, to blue ifs it high)
  • If you teraform a planet after its been colonize, that plannet won't be populated until you colonise it again.
  • If you build a outpost, and losing that transport mean you no longer have enough space to hold something, that something dissappear, need nice if there is a warning
  • Auto develop system option will be nice
  • Be nice to know what tech level is needed for a certain ship etc. so you can allocate research appropriately
  • When in game, in the option screem, what you select dosen't seem to get saved or affect the game
  • A food distrubtion network would be nice
  • Be nice to know what resources a minor is lacking, so you can gift it to them and have more effect than giving them something they have
All I can think of, hope this helps.

thanks

25 Apr 2012, 22:59
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

the small one don't change color, yes.

canceling ship movement works by selecting the same sector the ship currently is in. Then you move 0 sectors hence have no target anymore and have cancelled your previous destination route.

some minors have corruptibility on very hard, so you virtually need 10-100x the money you usually spend on 'regular' minors.

usually when bribing you need to have a good relationship to the minor prior to bribing and a bad one to the major in question cause the minor goes towards your relationship with the major and if you are a good friend of his, then the minor sees no reason not to join the other major again. When building communication networks, you can minimize the odds for bribing by others so there should be only an infinite loop when this pathologic situation described above occurs.

who colonizes first depends on when the order is given. I don't know the exact calculation (it's in the open source) but usually, when giving colonization orders I'm faster than the AI player. The AI always does its order after you've done yours. Could be that if you play the Cartare, the Heyoun for example come first cause they are 2nd and Cartare are 5th on the row, don't know exactly. Surely something to refine a little.

you need to allocate your depots twice to get results. One step is choosing the empire against and the second is actually using your allocated intel points to some extent. That's probably why no reports come up. Or your intel is too weak.

again, this is a question which ship gets its order first. When you select one of your colony ships and set it manually on terraform and then choose the other and set it on colonize, all planets will be colonized. Try it out.

it is maybe planned to have starbases and outposts act like depots so that transporters automatically deposit their stuff in there and once built other transporters can deposit troops and resources there.

go to empire menu, system, select a system and press a on the keyboard.

you need to start a new game for most options (if not all) to take effect.

actually you see it when have a look at the minor's home system. at the bottom right, there are the resource icons the system provides for, so the minor has enough of them but obviously lacks all others (independent trading is not considered).

the other things are already in the works more or less.

26 Apr 2012, 12:46
Profile WWW
Crewman

Hi

thanks for the reply, i think i have to elborate more.

canceling ship movement works by selecting the same sector the ship currently is in. Then you move 0 sectors hence have no target anymore and have cancelled your previous destination route.

[*]Tried but doesn't seem to work.

some minors have corruptibility on very hard, so you virtually need 10-100x the money you usually spend on 'regular' minors.

[*]I spent alot, I kept sending 5k each turn for at least 50 turns / maybe a bit more ffedback would be nice to help judge how much I need to spend or to show the bribes is having a effect

you need to allocate your depots twice to get results. One step is choosing the empire against and the second is actually using your allocated intel points to some extent. That's probably why no reports come up. Or your intel is too weak.
[*] I get lots of sabotage success, but no targets at all, or succesful intels. I spend the same amount on intel as sabotage

again, this is a question which ship gets its order first. When you select one of your colony ships and set it manually on terraform and then choose the other and set it on colonize, all planets will be colonized. Try it out.
[*] It's not the teraforming thats the problem, is if a planet isn't teraformed when you colonize, it nevers gets populated until you colonize again.

26 Apr 2012, 19:10
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

hi,
shipmovement cancelling: please try again:
- select ship
- target another sector but don't lock in, lock in in the same sector
maybe I do a short video on weekend

try a few turns giving more (100%) to espionage, on the 2nd screen "Espionage" where is espionage points going to? to which race (a screenshot would be helpful and a savegame-file. see http://bote2.square7.ch/joomla/index.ph ... sSlideshow). You could also turn Agressiveness "agressive" (click on it)

to get population on a planet you'll always have to give "Colonize" and the colonising ship disappears. Even when other planets are already populated.
- you can first terraform all planets -> you'll need one colo-ship
- or first colonize one or some planets, than a second or some more or all, you'll get population +4 from each colo-ship you immolate

27 Apr 2012, 05:26
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I guess what he wants is a "auto"-colonization of additionally terraformed planets in a system after the initial colonization, the same way minors do with their planetary system.

27 Apr 2012, 19:43
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

don't know what SirPustekuchen is thinking about auto-colonisation. The game might loss a (little) part of strategy gamer's have to do :sad:

28 Apr 2012, 05:23
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

here's the video http://birth-of-the-empires.de/wiki_fil ... elling.avi

first ship is sent two sectors away and secondly it is cancelled by clicking in the same sector the ship is already inside

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this and other videos is content of http://birth-of-the-empires.de/wiki/ind ... stornieren

28 Apr 2012, 06:44
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]