View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 19:34

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 [Alpha 3 Updated Version] No Text in Game 
Crewman

Hello. I just downloaded the newest Alpha 3 (English). The new installer is great; it makes things much easier. The only problem is when I start the game there is no text. No writing on the buttons, the systems, the map or anywhere. The installer did all the work so I don't see how I could have installed it incorrectly. I uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem persists. I checked in Windows and the Star Trek fonts are there. The game is on the C drive.

24 Mar 2007, 02:52
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I encountered a similar problem (fully undiscovered galaxy map with no planets and sectors) when loading an alpha2 savegame with the alpha3 and I've heard there are problems when not fully uninstall any previous installations. So it may be that you just have to uninstall and erase the botf2 folder completely and do it again.

24 Mar 2007, 03:08
Profile WWW
Crewman

I restored the previous Alpha 3 from the recycle bin back to the botf2 folder in the C drive. How do I properly uninstall it? There's no uninstall button and the program is not listed in add/remove programs. I have Windows XP. I appreciate your assistance.

24 Mar 2007, 03:35
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

okay, then it's not the problem. I meant if you just had tried to overwrite the files then there could occur problems though it makes no sense to me but I heard it.

well I'd completely erase the c:\botf2 folder, reinstall the game via the installer and hope for the best. If it still don't work, wait for sir p. to have a look at your problem here. He knows stuff like this about the game's dependencies and installation issues better than me..

24 Mar 2007, 09:09
Profile WWW
Crewman

I fixed it. I had to go into Windows and delete the 4 fonts. Then, I deleted the old game. Finally, I installed the new version and it works perfectly. All of the words are there. Thanks for your help.

25 Mar 2007, 02:01
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]