View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 May 2024, 09:39

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 [Colonizing] Missing text 
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Can someone reproduce this bug?:

GarfunkeL from rpgcodex.net wrote:
Okay, gave it a spin for 78 turns so far. Playing with Coalition of Planets, ie humans.

First of all, it's obviously alpha, as there are german text still remaining at some places (ground units!) and some missing text (COLON_MAJOR!.TXT MISSING when colonizing a planet) but there are some slick stuff - I like the female computer voice announcing major events, too bad there are two wholly different voices! One is cool and smooth "new research breakthrough" while the other sounds like my drunken grandmother "we coloooonized a new planeet". Kill her and make the sexy sounding woman record her lines as well.

The interface can be clunky and sometimes unresponsive. For example, in system view, you cannot go straight to another system but you have to jump to galaxy screen, select the new system and then click "system view". Give us a shortcut arrow/key or something please.

The game mechanics I like so far - you can build endless amounts of buildings on a planet but your population limits how many of them you can crowd. This is awesome for it means that your planets just became really, really versatile! Especially when compared to Space Empires or GalCiv planets.

I do NOT like that I cannot design my own ships but I DO like that at least I can modify them but it still leaves me with only one ship-design per design-slot which is really ancient crap from MoO1/2-era times. I want to have the ability to build both anti-fighter destroyers AND missile destroyers at the same time.

Thank you for following the traditional naval route - frigate/destroyer/cruiser/battleship.

I love the real astronomy, taught to players while exploring the planets and the need to first terraform planet before colonizing it is great. The automatic in-system colonizing of suitable planets is also a rational and logical way to eliminate needless micromanagement.

Haven't got into any fights yet so can't comment

All in all, quite a promising start for a 4xgame! I'll keep looking for this gem, that's for sure.

14 Mar 2010, 09:08
Profile WWW
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

To be honest, its happened to me each time I've tried to colonise (only gone as the Coalition of Planets and Rotharians), so I guess its probably been an issue for everyone who has downloaded the English Alpha 5

15 Mar 2010, 19:58
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

happens when I use a different stringtable version. Alright, there's a glitch with it, it has race instead of major at the corresponding identifier. You can fix it on your own using notepad or just use this file here.

15 Mar 2010, 20:35
Profile WWW
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

Yeah its working now, thanks for that. I guess you'll be adding the new file to the download at some point?

16 Mar 2010, 20:41
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

sure. I asked SirP to make a patch. will have a silent update I guess..

18 Mar 2010, 15:54
Profile WWW
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Don't bet on it. It's something worth newsitem-ing as far as I care. An update is an update. :twisted:

18 Mar 2010, 18:49
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

alright ;).

SirP also said he adds a few new features, for example the troop and defense overview which was really missing since you couldn't get a hold of where you've put your troops to and so on.

18 Mar 2010, 20:33
Profile WWW
Crewman

I noticed this too on the Alpha 5.1 english version.
Not sure whether i want to bother updating/modding it in myself as you suggested with the file as I'm not keen on fiddling about but thought you might like to know it's still missing in the latest version

Edit: also noticed some german text still there for example in the troops section and the names of planets although it is probably not a bug, just something that hasn't been implemented into english yet and didn't bother me much.

16 Oct 2010, 16:10
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]