View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 15:22

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 [No bug] Shipyard not working? 
Crewman

Hello, I’m new to the forum, and to BotE in general, I downloaded the game this past Sunday (January 16th). I’m a long time player of Birth of the Federation which I love.

Anyway, I have an observation, maybe a bug, I don’t know, but I thought I’d bring it up here for a possible solution, it has to do with shipyards.

Currently I’m playing the Cartar and have established a ship yard on a neighboring system that had two M class planets on it. Both Cartar Prime and the other system have plenty of resources due to me moving them back and forth in the trade screen, and each have enough power plants for energy. Problem is, the game is only allowing me to build ships on Cartar Prime, not in the other system, even though I have enough resources to build in both systems.

So I don’t know if this is some sort of “bug” in the game that allows only ship building on the Prime planet, or if I’m missing something else.

The game previous to this one I had three systems with ship yards but was still only able to build ships on Cartar Prime, nowhere else. This of course didn’t help any because my home world was attacked and I was never able to build ships anywhere else to come to the rescue.

As I said, I’m not sure if this is a “bug” in the game, or I’m missing something to allow shipbuilding on the colonies. Thanks.

19 Jan 2011, 12:58
Crewman

you can only build ships on planets with deritum (the pink diamond on the planet screen)

once you have 10 planets and the required tech level; you can build a deritum distrubuter and with that you can build ships on any planet you own

19 Jan 2011, 20:28
Crewman

Thank you! I figured it was something simple that I was overlooking. Now that I know this little tid bit, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the pink diamonds. Once again, thank you!

19 Jan 2011, 23:46
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]