View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 03 May 2024, 13:49

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Event error crash when minor is wiped out 
Crewman

The alpha 6 version crashes randomly (it occured as early as turn 10 and as late as turn 200). It's happened while playing as the heyoun and cartare. When I looked at the error report, it said something about an event error?

24 Jan 2011, 16:42
Crewman

forgot to mention . . .
the times it happened occured right before a battle, right before an invasion, and I think right before the extinction of a minor race

24 Jan 2011, 17:47
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

please post the auto.sav-file and auto2.sav and bote.log (if existing). if a good screenshot is avaible, this would be additional fine.

24 Jan 2011, 20:24
Crewman

I've attached a saved-game-file that crashes the game because the next turn is elimination of a minor race.
Playing version Alpha 6 under Windows 7 with Khaoran Empire.

Attachments:
BotE.log [150.33 KiB]
Downloaded 234 times
IKS 05.sav [121.21 KiB]
Downloaded 240 times
30 Jan 2011, 21:49
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

thx. SirP will take care of it. Always informative is an indication if you were able to reproduce the bug each time you reload the save game.

31 Jan 2011, 09:40
Profile WWW
Crewman

Yes. Sometimes, the minor race was not eliminated after the bombardment and the game didn't crash.

31 Jan 2011, 19:26
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Thanks for the bug report. I could fix it. The fix comes with the next update.

05 Feb 2011, 11:13
Profile WWW
Crewman

I love the improvements. This game is great!

However, I have found a consistent crash. I am playing the Khaoron race. If early in the game I am aggressive and destroy a minor to extinction, the game immediately crashes. I have consistently been able to repeat this crash in many different games, and after save reloads.

I get "Birth of the Empires has stopped working" Then two choices both of which close the program.

Here are the *further details.*
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: BotE.exe
Application Version: 0.8.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4d39b721
Fault Module Name: BotE.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.8.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d39b721
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0011cacf
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I have been playing the races in order. I have played at least 10 games per race before moving on. Of course not all races are meant to be played as aggressively as the Khaoron. So I do not know if this bug is consistent with all races or just K. I did not have this behavior with version 5, only 6.

Again, great game! Jeron

Sorry - I just saw it was already reported. I missed that one first look. Jeron.

16 Feb 2011, 12:57
Crewman

it may be nothing but i noticed a pattern in our minor race error logs.

WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files (x86)\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Keraune 1.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files (x86)\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Keraune 2.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files (x86)\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Keraune 3.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files (x86)\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Keraune 4.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files (x86)\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Keraune 5.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files (x86)\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Keraune 1.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files (x86)\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Keraune 2.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files (x86)\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Keraune 3.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files (x86)\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Keraune 4.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files (x86)\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Keraune 5.bop
INFO storing savegame "C:\Users\Public\Documents\BOTE\IKS 05.sav"

thats from the one above this and mine is
Attachment:
File comment: my bote log
BotE.log [6.25 KiB]
Downloaded 222 times

WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Canovek 1.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Canovek 2.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Canovek 3.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Canovek 4.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Canovek 5.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Canovek 6.bop
WARNING Could not load graphic: C:\Program Files\Birth of the Empires Alpha 6\Graphics\Planets\Canovek 7.bop

see the pattern? It seems to think it needs to load them and in my case they aren't there

Attachments:
File comment: the save
omega.sav [77.11 KiB]
Downloaded 233 times
07 Jun 2011, 21:38
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

well..you're right - it's nothing....just see here http://bote-forum.square7.ch/wiki/index ... e=BotE.log

The issue is known. BotE always tries to find specific names of planets. If there is none, random planet graphics are used.

Indeed there's no need for these messages displayed in the log (actually they do in the current state of the project).

When SirP anytime want to he'll delete these message but otherhands it could be useful sometimes. BotE is still in alpha-phase.

so don't mind :wink:

10 Jun 2011, 20:47
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]