View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:08

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Birth of the Federation - MUSIC 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
It has been a pleasure to honor those contributing to the group effort with a ship of there own. I am still working and truly hope that I do not miss anyone by the end. 8)

That is a very interesting turn of event about the Romulans and the Ferengi. I am interested to see how that will all play out. Should I convert the Romulan models so far to other races? 8O

21 Jun 2007, 19:44
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

Are you really replacing the romulans? MOE won't be pleased :D

Kenneth, you might aswell keep the romulan ships as romulan, other people may find a need for them perhaps? though i don't know whether BoTE will have 3D combat in the end.

Regards Wolfe

21 Jun 2007, 22:19
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

It is just a joke. The Romulans are, like global warming and capitalism, here to stay. :wink:

22 Jun 2007, 14:11
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

There is some parallel in our need for models and our need for music. We want it all to be original and free of copy-write issue. In both cases the shear volume of work makes the job impractical. To fill the need for 300 or so models we have had to include models by others with permission and credit attached. Can we do the same with music? Is there a band that would give us permission to music? I have seen classic music, such as The Planets, where the composer is dead and the orchestras download policy asks only that credit be given for the performance. Anyone here a band groupie? Anyone here sleeping with the string section of a symphonic orchestra? :nahuh:

04 Nov 2007, 03:01
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

since tastes are always different and war is good for business, we might offer some free classic credit-given band music ;) but only as an addon service with download link and "updater" downloadable here from our site. I don't want to include all music in the official package safe for the real good ones since it makes the package too big in the end and we might get download bandwidth problems. Also, not everyone's a fan of classic music. But if you got any hand on musicians and composer like Eric James or TerakRall, please bring em to us :).

04 Nov 2007, 06:49
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

mstrobel wrote:
Arrr matey, I'll blow yer oberth-thingy outta the stars with my Ferengi transport that can fire while cloaked. I've decided to remove the Romulans from the game and replace them with the Ferengi. But the Ferengi won't have their own ships--they'll have to buy/steal designs and components (like cloaks) from other races.

That idea of adding a race that could do that would be awesome to have in a later release. There are plenty of ship stealing races that have appeared in the Trek series before. Just imagine the result if a they decided to join forces and form their own empire.

Anyways, back to the topic. I like the idea of free band music... But for some reason that idea sounds eerily familiar :mischief:

Ahhh well... From what I gather other people have tossed that idea around in the past before I did. Whats most important is that more people are mentioning it.

04 Nov 2007, 08:41
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

http://www.botf2.com/Shared%20Documents ... Strong.mp4

If you live in the US you will have heard this one. It does sound nice though. In case it can find a home in the game I uploaded it. It is in the Federation folder for now. This and a few other odds and ends I found on US Army band pages.

01 Jan 2008, 03:43
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Very rousing song, I like it :)

How come if you live in the US you will have heard of it then? and is it free to use?

03 Jan 2008, 11:28
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

It is background music for a US Army recruiting advertisements seen on TV. It, like many other recordings, is free to use from US military band web sites.

03 Jan 2008, 13:54
Crewman

I just realized two years of passed since I posted this note about "renewing" the music stuff. In fact I realize my participation has been farther back with the original BOTF2 project that was what '05? '04? -- where it was to be scored with midi tracks. Several years now have gone into producing this game and I'm so proud of the alpha releases today.

21 Aug 2009, 08:51
Profile WWW
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

I believe the forums originally came into being on the 10th September 2004. I joined the forums about three months later on December 2nd. The forums - and the games - have definitely gone through a lot of changes since then. Damn, now i'm feeling nostalgic. :razz:

21 Aug 2009, 16:19
Profile WWW
Crewman

cool,that is great game music,and i am quite pleased with them.thank u for sharing. By the way, do you play browser games such as , Conquest of Thrones, 100 Years War, which can be played via Facebook. and this is a mutliplayer browser game Light of Nova, Uprising Empires and 3d online game War of Thrones.

Any way, I have been playing video games and online games for about 4 years. and you? come with me.

Last edited by freedom on 28 Dec 2011, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.

14 Dec 2011, 09:00
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
Welcome to the forums, Freedom! :bigthumb: We hope you enjoy coming here often. Glad you like the music.

14 Dec 2011, 15:13
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Welcome freedom

14 Dec 2011, 21:41
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2