View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 May 2024, 10:52

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Cartoons & Shows 
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Argh nooo :waah:

I didn't realised last week was the final episode of south park of the season :cry: I was so looking forward to this week's... sigh, and family guy is really sucking lately or maybe my tastes have changed. I love the earlier seasons but I just don't find this season funny at all, well maybe once in each episode no way near as funny or interesting as south park.

I literally fell asleep last night half way through Family Guy, but I was really tired anyway (after the win forms thing ;) ).

/rant over. Got any good shows to recommend? I currently download and watch atlantis, prisonbreak and scrubs :P

PS - when's bsg starting again?
EDIT: Found, saturday! :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razor_(Bat ... _Galactica)
"A 2 hour special" :shock:
"Leaked copies of the movie began appearing on bit torrent sites as of the end of October 2007." :shifty: *types in piratebay.org*

22 Nov 2007, 06:15
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

If you are into anime, Naruto is a good one. You can find most all 300 something of the episodes from the first series on YouTube (if you don't mind subs... The poorly made dub is only around the 100 mark or something like that) and the second series as well (the second takes place about 2 1/2 years after the first ends in-show wise). You could also find most of, if not all of, the shows on a site called http://www.bleach-network.com and http://www.narutocentral.com available for free download.

22 Nov 2007, 09:06
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I haven't seen Naruto yet, I've heard about it, even managed to get a little keyring thing with characters on it but no idea what they're called. hahahaha

22 Nov 2007, 09:42
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Stargate Atlantis. DEFINITELY Stargate Atlantis.

Oh wait, it's not anime...oh well...try Stargate Atlantis anyway! :mrgreen:

22 Nov 2007, 19:21
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I watch Atlantis already :P

:shifty: I did manage to get battlestar galactica off torrent.... and, it was awesome :mrgreen:

23 Nov 2007, 10:59

Yeah i've seen the film of that. (Or miniseries depending on whatever the torrent was called) I borrowed it off a friend. Definitely cool. Not seen any more of it though. I'm sure Captain_Billy_Bacon would be able to give you more download links, but he hasn't been on the forums in a few months. I'll ask him to PM you next time I see him on MSN if you want. :wink:

23 Nov 2007, 12:05
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

That miniseries hooked me in when I first saw it, 3 seasons ago :p

But I just fell in love the low-tech sci-fi in Battlestar galactica, there's something pretty cool about still using nukes and gun battery barrages in the future. Makes it more plausible and real.

I can't believe I just said using nukes in the future is cool.

23 Nov 2007, 19:54
Captain
Captain

FoxURA wrote:
If you are into anime, Naruto is a good one. You can find most all 300 something of the episodes from the first series on YouTube (if you don't mind subs...

Used to watch this. Got bored, switched over to Bleach, which I consider to be far superior.

FoxURA wrote:
the shows on a site called http://www.bleach-network.com and http://www.narutocentral.com available for free download.

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/

25 Nov 2007, 02:06
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Problem with dattebayo is that while they are the best fansub group, they don't have shows going back very far. For shows you stand a lot better chance of finding them on dedicated anime sites like http://www.bleach-network.com, which is a wonderful place to find bleach episodes by the way :wink:. Between it and youtube you should be able to find all 150 subbed bleach episodes. Oddly enough, the English dubbed version of Bleach has better voice actors so unless you are obsessed with seeing the latest episodes, I suggest you just wait for the English ones to come out.

25 Nov 2007, 03:14
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I had just caught up with the last season of Enterprise, I know, I know, it ended like 2 years ago but I'm slow. (I didn't watch DS9 until early this year :P :!: ) I feel gutted that I left watching the last season so late, turns out the last season had some of the best stories :D Anyway it reminded me how cool and unique the Vulcan ships looked and it's one reason why I did some work on Vulcan models :mrgreen: also reminded how crap the theme song was, how I wish this was used instead: http://www.startrek.com/startrek/videoview?id=7730

30 Nov 2007, 14:43
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Enterprise is a good show. I still can't believe it was canceled... Actually I can. Whoever decided a sci-fi show should go to the failing UPN network, which has already folded by the way and combined with the WB, ought to be fired for incompetence. The demographics that Trek caters to were just not part of UPN's demographic at all (which was pathetically small by the way), hence the poor ratings and low viewership that doomed the show to only two seasons.

30 Nov 2007, 17:54
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh, I didn't know that about UPN's demographics, but I knew UPN ran all seven seasons of Voyager, so maybe that helped them to get the deal with Enterprise.

They also picked up Buffy (my favorite show ever :oops: ) for season 6, when nobody else would. So in my books UPN are an alright bunch :wink:

30 Nov 2007, 18:06
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

House is awesome. I like Bones too. They both air on FOX, though I may have a spare invite to TvTorrents :). Other than those two, I watch BSG, Atlantis, and Eureka. I think that's about it these days. I lost interest in Family Guy around your age, and South Park a little while later, so you're probably just getting older :).

30 Nov 2007, 18:13
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

mstrobel wrote:
I lost interest in Family Guy around your age, and South Park a little while later, so you're probably just getting older :).

Oh no... :roll:

But I totally agree, BSG and Atlantis are awesome! :D I miss Dr. Weir... Oh, have you seen the Razor mini-film (BSG S04E00) yet?

30 Nov 2007, 18:20
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Strings wrote:
But I totally agree, BSG and Atlantis are awesome! :D I miss Dr. Weir... Oh, have you seen the Razor mini-film (BSG S04E00) yet?
I miss Dr. Weir too :(. And yes, I saw Razor (a week before it aired, lol), and I thought it was great! I'm eagerly awaiting the extended edition DVD :mrgreen:.

30 Nov 2007, 19:25
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I am really out of the loop on Atlantis apparently... because I had no idea anything happened to Weir. Maybe it's because I mainly just watch the on air broadcasts as opposed to cable. I heard there is a few seasons difference between the two or something like that.

30 Nov 2007, 20:53

Cable?! Not got Cable - or Sky for that matter. We've only got one freeview box and that's just to see what digital is like. Our two other tvs are still on terrestrial and limited to either 4 or 6 channels. (Due to arial positioning differences) Our digital coverage isn't wonderful so i'm hoping it improves when my area makes the permanent switchover to digital in 2009...

I've been watching Atlantis online. I'm guessing you should too if you want to catch up!

30 Nov 2007, 21:45
Profile WWW
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

freeview box?

30 Nov 2007, 22:38
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

There are about 30 odd channels here called the freeview channels, they're are free, and digital, and can only be viewed through a converter box if your TV is from a pre-digital era :)

30 Nov 2007, 23:43

Currently there is a dual-signal system in the UK, Fox; analgoue and Digital. Because the bandwidth is becoming an ever more valuable commodity, the analogue signal is going to be turned off, then the frequencies made available will be auctioned off to the highest commercial bidder, with some bandwidth being reserved for the military and emergency services. This switchoff won't be in one go though, it will be turned off in different areas at different times. I'm in one of the first switchover areas, so the analogue signal is due to be turned off in 2009. The last places are due to switched over in 2011/2012.

As Strings said, Freeview is one of the digital options, where you pay a one-off fee for a set-top box that is capable of converting the signal into something ordinary TV's can recognise. Most current and all future TV's will have Freeview equipment built-in, however.

With Freeview, you get 30 free channels, but the exact list is constantly changing whilst new channels are trialled (The current trial is "Dave" which shows reruns of a different show every day, eg. one day it will show ONLY Star Trek, the next day it will show ONLY Midsomer Murders, the next day ONLY Top Gear, and so on) and old, ratings-poor channels are either being revamped or closed down.

There are other ways to get digital, such as with Sky. With Sky, instead of paying a one-off fee for the equipment, you sign a contract and get the equipment free - and as you're with Sky, you get all the Freeview channels AND the extra channels you pay for.

30 channels...so much better than the 4 in one room and 6 in the other that I was used to before...

01 Dec 2007, 01:10
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I loved Dave's David Attenborough sundays. I could sit in front of the telly all day.

01 Dec 2007, 02:14
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Matress_of_evil wrote:
Currently there is a dual-signal system in the UK, Fox; analgoue and Digital. Because the bandwidth is becoming an ever more valuable commodity, the analogue signal is going to be turned off, then the frequencies made available will be auctioned off to the highest commercial bidder, with some bandwidth being reserved for the military and emergency services. This switchoff won't be in one go though, it will be turned off in different areas at different times. I'm in one of the first switchover areas, so the analogue signal is due to be turned off in 2009. The last places are due to switched over in 2011/2012.

As Strings said, Freeview is one of the digital options, where you pay a one-off fee for a set-top box that is capable of converting the signal into something ordinary TV's can recognise. Most current and all future TV's will have Freeview equipment built-in, however.

With Freeview, you get 30 free channels, but the exact list is constantly changing whilst new channels are trialled (The current trial is "Dave" which shows reruns of a different show every day, eg. one day it will show ONLY Star Trek, the next day it will show ONLY Midsomer Murders, the next day ONLY Top Gear, and so on) and old, ratings-poor channels are either being revamped or closed down.

There are other ways to get digital, such as with Sky. With Sky, instead of paying a one-off fee for the equipment, you sign a contract and get the equipment free - and as you're with Sky, you get all the Freeview channels AND the extra channels you pay for.

30 channels...so much better than the 4 in one room and 6 in the other that I was used to before...

Dang... We don't have anything like that here in the states... At least not where I'm at. Sure the US is doing the whole analog phase out thing as well but only the major networks have started up a few alternate channels. Then the govt. decided to muck things up by making some regulation about how much commercial time a station must have... That killed off all of the free weather channels that the networks put on in one fell swoop that helped even people without cable or the internet be informed about severe weather. And here I thought the government was there to help. :roll:

01 Dec 2007, 05:58
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've just begun watching the TNG series, the episode about the Edo people is pretty good :)

03 Jan 2008, 11:25
Captain
Captain

Strings wrote:
the episode about the Edo people is pretty good :)

Sucks to be Wesley.

08 Jan 2008, 02:28
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]