View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 May 2024, 16:06

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Lookin to lend a Hand 
Crewman

Hey I just found out about this project, and was immediately enthralled by it.

I loved the original BOTF, and still play it regularly today. But I still think the original game had a fair way to go before it met my initial expectations. Hopefully this project will deliver what I wanted from the original. A game that makes me think I’m actually commanding a race through the different eras of the Star Trek universe.

If you need help with the project then I’m willing to devote my time to the project. I’m experienced in 3D modelling. I use 3DS MAX 5. And I’m also a living embodiment of Star Trek knowledge.

I was actually so much into hoping for the development of BOTF2. Then I started to develop my own Star Trek strategy game based of BOTF. I think some of the work I did for that may be able to help you.

13 Nov 2004, 03:54
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

We gladly accept your Help Pheon! We've got Jigalypuff working on 3D graphics, you could help him a hand, in making new 3d models for ships that aren't invented yet :lol: . Still i'm curious, what was the botf project you were working on? :wink:

Still welcome to the forum, i hope for your continued support! :wink:

Q: The trial never ended. We never reached a verdict. But now we have. You're guilty. Picard: Guilty of what? Q:Of being inferior.

13 Nov 2004, 10:28
Crewman

Thanks a lot.

Well it wasn’t really a BOTF project. Though I was largely inspired by BOTF, so you could say it was based off it.

It was my aim to create a massive playing experience that would take a player or players through the Star Trek Universe playing a race. The project was huge, the whole galaxy would be mapped, all the minor races from the series would be included, and the tech would go from just before the ENT era all the way through to modern TNG, and maybe even beyond that.

16 Nov 2004, 02:21
Crewman

Apologies if I misled you for a bit. But although I hoped my project would soon be developed into a working game. Since I have no expertise yet in coding, I simply planning on paper. Sorry.

16 Nov 2004, 03:06
Crewman

Not yet. I think I'm going to be learning SQL until later in the year for my Programming class in college.

I actually had the idea of implementing a point system for my game. Different points are issued to different races based on their characteristics. For example, Humans/Federation will gain points for exploration and mapping missions. And points are removed if the Fed declares war on another race.

Whereas a race like the Klingons will get more points for declaring wars, conquering planets, subjecting races. But because their honourable would loose points if they commit a sneak attack on a friend.

16 Nov 2004, 03:56
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

gturfrey wrote:
Not a problem, even posting your plans may give people new ideas.

Welcome to the forums.

Also any experience in db's?

Check the latest news link

i worked a bit with db's on school and stuff, so i have some experience with it. So perhaps i could help you a bit, i dunno, perhaps it is just to much for me at the moment :oops: .

Q: The trial never ended. We never reached a verdict. But now we have. You're guilty. Picard: Guilty of what? Q:Of being inferior.

16 Nov 2004, 08:57
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]