View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 13:51

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Holy S*** Gowron Did it!! 
Supreme Architect
Supreme Architect

Maybe some are already well aware of this, myself just lately as I'm not so closely in touch with the original Botf modding community as I once was, but it does appear as if the HOLY GRAIL of Botf modding has been discovered, and successfully modded.

Me and Jigalypuff tried and tried to get to the bottom of this problem long ago, without success. It was indeed the driving force behind my (and many others) desire to see a Botf sequel.

[blow one's trumpet] Our finest hour came when we broke the code and introduced the first new physical ship models into the game [/blow one's trumpet]. But this is now eclipsed with Gowron's great discovery.

OMFG...

For those that don't know about this yet, we can now play modded Botf with GIANT maps. Yes, Gowron's, Botf modder extraordinaire, has found out how to mod the size of the map....

Attachments:
holyshit_gowrondidit.jpg
holyshit_gowrondidit.jpg [ 138.05 KiB | Viewed 3457 times ]

04 May 2009, 19:52
Profile WWW
Crewman

Hi dafedz,

There are also other new breakthroughs. I realy enjoy Thunderchero's new version of Flag-Ship modification & his quit cool mutli-mod-installer. DCER & him manage to make minor ship buildable for each major empire after join into a membership and alot of other cool stuff. The UE make moding much easier... yeah, yeah... it's nice to the such a progress.

Zulnak/Gh0st

04 May 2009, 21:30
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Woah...I don't go on AFC much anymore, so this is big news to me. That doesn't detract me from Supremacy though, as this great news just gives Supremacy an even higher bar by which it will be judged, and I for one believe it shall exceed this bar considerably.

05 May 2009, 00:35
Profile WWW
Captain
Captain

Amazing...

Excellent News!

05 May 2009, 19:08
Crewman

and they said man can't fly and man can't mod BOTF 1

anything is possible

*Tarek jumps off a high building singing* " I believe I can flyyyyyy............" *gravity was of course working at that time and it didn't end well for tarek*

11 Jun 2009, 02:14
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

Cool

I hope someone does a nice patch that puts all these new features in one package with installer. I would love to play a large map like that.

21 Jun 2009, 01:08
Crewman

That is really cool sounding, I wonder does the extra map size affect game speed after 200 plus turns?

27 Jun 2009, 16:45
Profile WWW

I've noticed that there are some new mods on AFC that claim to include "all fixes". They don't specifically mention Gowron's map resize, but since they are new mods, I would assume that they do. Has anyone tried them?

27 Jun 2009, 19:42
Profile WWW
Crewman

I think the next major breakthrough goes back to a User named QuasarDonkey. He did the first steps to resize the old BotF into a 1024x768 game. This might be erase some older/other problems with BotF - modding, such as the limited space in some building screens - like the energy screen. Some early pictures can be found in the AFC - Forum.

User Tethys seems to do a quit good job with his ST:BotF Galaxies MOD (Release v0.2.8). I don't play it jet but I notice the mod catch some attention. I think it's also available for the Multi Installer from Thunderchero. It's a easy way to swap between different modifications.

Another Mod is called "All the Ages" by ... ehm, forgot the name...!

And there are still some guys busy with decypher parts codes/hex to fix minor issues -- like Spocks-cuddly-tribble.

18 Oct 2011, 20:02
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]