View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 02 May 2024, 07:10

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Old game 'Badda-bing' and new development 
Crewman

Hi. A loooong time ago I made a small Star Trek game called 'Badda-bing Badda-bang':

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/colinandr ... /game.html

It's an asteroids style shoot 'em up, and although it's fairly simple and has a few flaws I think it's still good fun for killing 20 minutes (and pretty tough to beat too). Why am I bringing this up? I have recently been tinkering around and thinking of doing a sequel of sorts, though on a much larger scale.

The original was made with a software development kit called Gamemaker http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/ and as my programming skills are still pretty basic I would probably be using this as a base again. Basically this game would be a free-roaming rpg/ship combat/adventure/strategy type thing. A large open galaxy for the player (similar to Pirates!) with a number of different empires to affiliate with or be independent (similar to Mount and Blade), simple ship combat (similar to Badda Bing), character and party development (as in every RPG ever!) and some trading and missions thrown in as well. The idea is not to create the biggest most complex trek game ever, but something fairly simple and fun that captures the true spirit of star trek: exploration, characters, choices, and a bit of ship combat.

Here's where I need some input. First is this a project that anyone wants to assist with, either as planner, tester, programmer or artist? Second, do people need more information and specifics on what this game would involve? I'm wary of initially posting a huge feature list before I've started serious work as numerous 'I'm making a cool game' threads remain forever theoretical. This is mainly to see if people want to collaborate, after that I'll go away and do some work on it before resurfacing with more concrete details.

12 Mar 2010, 02:06
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]