View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 14 May 2024, 21:09

Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 The next Star Trek movie 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
JJ talks to MTV about the Klingons and Doctor Marcus:

A few new additions from the Star Trek mythos will be appearing in the this summer's Star Trek Into Darkness. Both the Klingons and Doctor Carol Marcus will debut in the film and director J.J. Abrams spoke with MTV about their roles.

Though a scene was shot for 2009's Star Trek featuring the Klingons that didn't make the final cut, they're making a comeback in a big way in this film.

"Their role in this is definitely that of adversary," Abrams teased, "and you'll see how that plays out."

It's been expected by many that Alice Eve's character Carol Marcus will play a love interest to Chris Pine's Captain Kirk, but (while it may happen) Abrams confirms that the film won't slow down to squeeze in a love story.

"(Kirk) meets her fairly early on and again she plays a science officer, she's someone who is a part of the adventure. I think Chris is right, because it's very much an action adventure movie and once that gets going it's a very difficult thing to park the story. So it's very difficult to do a romantic interlude. Her role is important, she wouldn't be in the movie otherwise."

Full interview:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1702122/star-trek-into-darkness-klingons.jhtml

19 Feb 2013, 21:55
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

From Trekweb:

FirstShowing.net posted a new interview with composer Michael Giacchino, in which he talks about his work on "Star Trek Into Darkness." He was candid about many of the challenges to writing a film score:

"You've all seen movies where the music isn't working with the story. And it's either because... the story isn't working itself. Or the composer kinda just wants to write whatever they want to write, not paying attention to the thing. And you leave feeling unsatisfied, and you may not notice it, but it's part of the bigger puzzle. So it's always important, I think, to keep track of what's going on in that story. So when I'm working, I'll get all my beats down that I want to hit, and I'll start writing, but I'll always double check it against/play it back with dialogue and effects, just so I have an idea of what the finished picture will be."

Giacchino explained his collaborative relationship with "into Darkness" director J.J. Abrams as a team effort to bend the imaginations of movie-watchers:

"Everything that J.J. wants you to feel and follow, I'm there to help kinda yank you through. And yes, you can call that manipulation, it is! All of it... Any film is manipulation, really. None of this is real. So anyone who says, 'you were manipulating me!' Well, no ****, of course we were manipulating you, that's why you go to the movies - to be manipulated."

During the FirstShowing.net interview, Giacchino offered some of his personal insight into the film's unconventional opening and how his music fit in with it:
"The opening of the film is quite different from what you would expect from the opening, I think, of a Star Trek film. It starts off in the hospital and you're kind of like-wait, am I in the right theater? What is this? Where the heck am I? And that's intentional. We really wanted to give the audience a distance from the characters. Not speak too plainly about what it is that they're doing, what's going on, the music isn't commenting too much about what's happening. But the idea was to get across that - what you see in front of you, is what you see in front of you, but there's something much bigger going on behind the scenes. And what is that? I don't know yet. We don't know. But it's growing, and it's evolving, in a way in which Star Trek music really traditionally doesn't really do."

06 Mar 2013, 15:51
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

From TrekWeb:

The UK release of J.J. Abrams‘ Star Trek Into Darkness has officially been moved up by a week to May 9 when it will go out in IMAX 3D, 3D and 2D cinemas. Paramount currently has the film set for a May 17 release in the States with IMAX 3D screenings on May 15. The shift has led some to wonder if the U.S. date may move to May 9 as well.

07 Mar 2013, 22:34
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Spoiler: show
Another press screening (this time in Brazil) has revealed more secrets for Star Trek Into Darkness. This time there are many new spoiler details revealed including the identity of Peter Weller’s character and much more. You can read a summary of the report below but beware there are major spoilers.

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS SPOILERS

Brazilian site Judao.com.br has a report from a press screening for Star Trek Into Darkness from Sau Paulo which was presented by producer Bryan Burk. 38 minutes of the movie was shown, mostly from the beginning of the film. TrekMovie has confirmed that the event did happen and that the report is accurate.

Below are some highlights from the report

From the extended beginning of the film…

Opening sequence (previewed at IMAX theaters in December) has been reordered to have Nibiru Volcano sequence now opens the film followed by title card and then the scenes in London and at the hospital

Nibiru mission ends with Kirk rescuing Spock by violating the prime directive by revealing the Enterprise to Nibiru natives so he can beam Spock out of the Volcano

Kirk has a scene in bed (back in San Francisco) in bed with two "cat women"

Kirk makes mention of hoping to get assigned to a "five year mission" (implying that the famed five year mission hasn’t started yet for the time he has been captain)

Kirk is demoted for violating prime directive on Nibiru, loses command of Enterprise with Pike to take over command Kirk as first officer

Pike wanted to send Kirk back to Academy but was convinced (possibly ordered?) to make Kirk first officer of Enterprise by Admiral Marcus (played by Peter Weller)

Spock assigned to another ship

The "father" character uses his Starfleet ring as a bomb (dropping it into water for a reaction) and destroys a facility (in London)

London attack leads to big meeting of Starfleet captains which itself is attacked by John Harrison, resulting in Pike being injured…Harrison transport away

Later scenes in the film….

Enterprise severely damaged falling to Earth with Spock in command ordering evacuation

Kirk and Scott seen in Engineering trying to stabilize ship

Later Spock scene beaming down to San Francisco and starting long chase with Harrions

Eventually Spock meets up with Harrison and engages in a fight
From Trekmovie.com:

The film will now open the week before the North American premiere on May 17th in a few markets. Here is the list of new early dates:

Australia – May 9th
New Zealand – May 9th
Austria – May 9th
Germany – May 9th
Switzerland (German speaking areas) – May 9th
Mexico – May 10th
United Kingdom – May 10th (Note Ireland is May 17)

08 Mar 2013, 01:03
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

I just checked the official release timetable and it mentions that the film will debut both in Greece and in Spain on July!!!

Dubbing is not an issue in Greece (films are shown with subs) and it's not an issue in Spain (films are usually dubbed, but there are some cinemas that show them in English) as the film will be released in Mexico (!) on May. This doesn't make any sense whatsoever :brickwall: :brickwall:

I read the spoilers, quite interesting indeed, especially the part about Kirk hoping to get assigned to a "five year mission", ie a series...

Also, the part with Kirk in bed with 2 cat women will be fun to watch :twistedlaugh:

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" -- Picard (The Inner Light)

08 Mar 2013, 10:16
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

A new trailer is out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxZcxkFZZP0

It's really action packed :klingon:

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" -- Picard (The Inner Light)

09 Mar 2013, 20:11
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Analysis of trailer here:
http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/09/shot-by-shot-analysis-of-star-trek-into-darkness-alternative-teaser/
Stills out of the trailer here:
http://trekweb.com/articles/2013/03/09/New-Trailer-and-Images-from-Star-Trek-Into-Darkness.shtml

10 Mar 2013, 01:31
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

These scene by scene analyses are quite useful, as I had missed several details :vulcan:

BTW, Uhura/Zaldana looks great in her wetsuit :love: :orion: :love: :orion:

10 Mar 2013, 10:57
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

So how do they get the third JJ Star Trek film out along with a Star Wars film?
Here is some talk about that at Trekmovie.com:
http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/11/bryan-burk-hints-next-star-trek-movie-could-arrive-in-2016/

11 Mar 2013, 22:43
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

I had completely forgotten that Trek's Golden Jubilee is coming up! A thing not mentioned at all is what will happen if Star Wars is delayed? Then I guess Trek will be delayed as well in order to avoid having both films at the same time, even if JJ is only producing it?

12 Mar 2013, 10:31
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Bryan Singer: Directing Star Trek Could Be ‘Great Experience’
TrekMovie.com:

http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/14/bryan-singer-directing-star-trek-could-be-great-experience/

15 Mar 2013, 19:18
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

A new Trek trailer is out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hz4A5BCMAA

The amount of new details is just staggering :drool:

21 Mar 2013, 11:56
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

shot by shot at Trekmovie:
http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/21/shot-by-shot-analysis-of-star-trek-into-darkness-international-trailer/

22 Mar 2013, 05:35
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

So it seems that
Harrison is one of the best Starfleet agents (possibly an augment) and if I may make a guess, he was on a critical mission on Qo’noS and SF screwed him, so now he wants to take his revenge?
I think it's likely given what we learned from the trailer.

Also,
the photo with Alice Eve was quite revealing :love: :orion:

22 Mar 2013, 10:32
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

A little more in a new version of the trailer from Bad Robot
http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/22/watch-bad-robot-variant-of-star-trek-into-darkness-intl-trailer-caps-of-new-footage/

22 Mar 2013, 23:32
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

A few new photos form the movie:

24 Mar 2013, 22:39
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

One more new photos and some kissass to JJ.

http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/25/pegg-talks-manipulative-star-trek-into-darkness-villain-another-new-image-from-empire-mag/

26 Mar 2013, 18:46
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Zoe on trouble with her lines in JJ film and some new photos:

http://trekweb.com/articles/2013/03/30/Zoe-Saldana-Says-She-Had-Difficult-With-Her-Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-Dialogue-Praises-Director-JJ-Abrams.shtml

30 Mar 2013, 15:40
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

new images and analysis:
http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/31/new-image-shows-jj-abrams-on-different-bridge-analysis-of-the-other-into-darkness-ship/

01 Apr 2013, 14:34
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Trekmovie potential spoiler

New photo, notice the lens flair:
http://trekmovie.com/2013/04/02/new-star-trek-into-darkness-images-first-look-at-keenser/

03 Apr 2013, 16:03
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Hear some music from the new film

http://trekmovie.com/2013/04/03/giacchino-tweets-into-darkness-music-clip-performing-st09-score-live-in-switzerland-next-week/

04 Apr 2013, 00:35
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

About the spoiler, well
at this point indeed I don't care if thee bad guy is Khan or not. Actually, now I would be disappointed if he was...

04 Apr 2013, 10:12
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
Hi guys:

They're almost making it sound like the Cumberbach character is some kind of Section 31-like operative gone Rogue

04 Apr 2013, 14:57
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Abrams Interview Star Trek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXyL136be0&feature=player_embedded#!
"Part of [the challenge] was making sure all the characters get introduced brand new." "You can’t assume people know or like or relate to the character. A lot of sequels begin assuming you already love the people and to me it is really important that this is a brand new movie. If you saw the first movie – great! fantastic!..but you don’t have to. So the challenge was reintroducing everyone and establishing that everyone had a critical role in the movie. If every one of the characters wasn’t required the movie doesn’t work. So it was really a lot of different characters – and the writers and I worked together for a year to make sure it was something we all loved."

08 Apr 2013, 14:29

Likely a good idea JJ. Now please redesign the Enterprise. :grin:

09 Apr 2013, 02:17
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

OK, this is only for the brave among us.

Major spoiler alert!

10 Apr 2013, 00:41

Oh the Duckness...

10 Apr 2013, 05:24
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Rush to get tickets crashes server in UK.

"To book @bfi @imax tickets for #StarTrek #IntoDarkness call 0330 333 7878, while their online booking is down due to overwhelming demand."
— Paramount PicturesUK (@ParamountUK) April 9, 2013

http://trekmovie.com/2013/04/10/new-intl-star-trek-into-darkness-animated-poster-uk-tix-sales-overwhelming-japan-aussie-contests/

10 Apr 2013, 20:04
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

The ticket server crashed??? Beware the wrath of the Trekkies :klingon:

11 Apr 2013, 09:54
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

New Poster

Attachments:
STID.jpg
STID.jpg [ 76.62 KiB | Viewed 9884 times ]

12 Apr 2013, 22:17
Reply to topic   [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next