View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 04 May 2024, 22:32

Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 The next Star Trek movie 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Trekmovie covers most of the trek trivia hidden in the new film:

http://trekmovie.com/2013/05/23/the-easter-eggs-of-star-trek-into-darkness/
What did they miss?

24 May 2013, 19:21
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Excerpts of the new interview with Leonard Nimoy at StarTrek.com

What worked best for you about the film?

NIMOY: It’s hard not to enjoy this movie. There’s so much of a thrill ride happening. The relationships between the characters are terrific. The actors are all wonderful. I’m particularly proud of Zachary Quinto because of my connection to the Spock character. I think Zachary did a wonderful job. But they’re all terrific.

How accepting are you of the alternate timeline and such things as the destruction of Vulcan, the Spock-Uhura romance and, in this film, a Caucasian Khan?

NIMOY: I take it all in stride. I don’t feel that I have any personal investment in that. I am definitely invested in what happens to the future of the Spock character, how it’s played and how it’s portrayed. I think a very good job is being done with that and I’m very proud of that. I’m very happy to be connected with that and Zachary and I are very good friends. I admire him. I think he does wonderful work. As far as the timeline and the storyline are concerned, I do not have a big investment in that.

How did J.J. Abrams approach you about doing your cameo ?

NIMOY: He just said, “Would you come in for a couple of days and do me a favor.”

Be honest, do you think you’ve NOW donned Spock’s pointy ears for the last time or are you still a never-say-never kind of guy?

NIMOY: Wow… That’s impossible to answer. I don’t know. I don’t know what J.J. is going to do. I consider him a very good friend. I think he’s done a great thing for Star Trek. I’m very grateful to him. We all owe him a lot. When someone comes along like he has done and picks it up and elevates it, we should be grateful. So when J.J. calls me, I take the call.

Last question. If J.J. Abrams rings you and says, “Come be in Star Wars,” what would you say?

NIMOY: Oooh. Ooooh, wouldn’t that be fun. I would love to.

You don’t think the galaxy would implode if Spock played a role in Star Wars?

NIMOY: No, no. I think it would work wonderfully. I think it would work just great. I think it would be a great idea, and somebody ought to tell him that.

Full article
http://www.startrek.com/article/exclusive-interview-leonard-nimoy-talks-star-trek-into-darkness

31 May 2013, 19:16
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
You don’t think the galaxy would implode if Spock played a role in Star Wars?
NIMOY: No, no. I think it would work wonderfully. I think it would work just great. I think it would be a great idea, and somebody ought to tell him that.
Well, the galaxy probably wouldn't explode, but there would definitely be hordes of insane Trekkies armed with torches and pitchforks knocking with furious anger on Disney's door :twisted: :jemhadar: :klingon:

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" -- Picard (The Inner Light)

31 May 2013, 19:41
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

War of words heats up over last ST movie. See the article at trekweb:

http://trekweb.com/articles/2013/09/05/Writer-Bob-Orci-tells-shitty-rude-fans-to-f-off.shtml

06 Sep 2013, 14:36
Crewman

i think it would be cool if nimoy played a character in starwars and had to battle christopher lee :)

07 Sep 2013, 02:46
Crewman

cross-overs can be pretty good... Chekov played a bad character (in a good way) with Bester from babylon 5 too

07 Sep 2013, 02:48
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

nice thread headline :twistedlaugh: - maybe change to "ST (12) - Into Darkness"

07 Sep 2013, 11:24
Reply to topic   [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9