View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 May 2024, 01:53

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Race Information 
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I will see to it tonight if i have the time. Because i'm working ALL day with IT. :x

Q: The trial never ended. We never reached a verdict. But now we have. You're guilty. Picard: Guilty of what? Q:Of being inferior.

28 Sep 2004, 08:58
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Do you want me to rewrite some rae info, based on botf but more appropriate. I'm convinced I could do a better job of it. :D

28 Sep 2004, 09:13
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Would love to help a bit :D

Q: The trial never ended. We never reached a verdict. But now we have. You're guilty. Picard: Guilty of what? Q:Of being inferior.

28 Sep 2004, 09:17
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

iwulff, do you wanna do yours and I'll do mine. Could then either send them each other and take bast of both, or e mail them both to gturfrey and let him pick the ones he wants?

28 Sep 2004, 10:00
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

We could put it online. But how much characters are max. or minimal needed? Which races and things do you want to have race info for?

EDIT: Who will do what?

28 Sep 2004, 10:03
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
The Romulans are actually a group of people that didn't want to follow the spiritual rituals of the Vulcans. Soon afterwards they left the Vulcan home world and populated a planet called Romulus. They used a race called the Remans, who live in the same system, as slaves for mining in dilithium mines and as cannon fodder. The Romulans traded with there dilithium and warp technology to become one of the major races of the alpha/beta quadrant. The Romulans want to hide, and there cloaking device resemblance this strongly. There ships are generally big, to impress enemies. If someone comes in there territory, don’t count on it that they’ll ever make it back home.

If you don't like it please say so. We can always alter it.

Last edited by iwulff on 28 Sep 2004, 12:14, edited 2 times in total.

28 Sep 2004, 10:37
Crewman

would love to give a hand. cant program to save my life but will help with anything that i can.

if you need me quick e-mail me

sailormoon@the-dog-soldiers.com :wink:

28 Sep 2004, 11:50
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Well all help would be gratefull. Please put in race info on this topic. We'll discuss together which one is better, perhaps we can even meld two together or something like that :wink: .

ps. Welcome to the forum.

28 Sep 2004, 12:12
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
The Klingons are a mighty race of warriors. They put honor first in there lives, don’t expect Klingons to flee easily, they will mostly fight to there deaths. The Klingon Empire is ruled by the leader of the High Console and is placed on their home world Qo’nos. Peace is something, Klingons hardly know, they will rather die in honour and be in war then to have peace with other races. Most of there warships are fast and agile, and there warships are equipped with cloaking devices and multiple weapon systems. Don’t dishonour them, this will mean total war. The name Klingon brings fear to a lot of races in the galaxy.

Please correct me with errors, or add anything to the text if it doesn't have your approval. :wink:

28 Sep 2004, 14:45
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

That damned high console!!!

Sorry couldn't resist. :D

In botf, the race descriptions applied to minor races, the majors actually described themselves. As long as gturfrey has the originals he'll be able to get started, I do like parts of yours though. I feel really condecending asking this but do you mind if I clean up some of the grammar on your descriptions? They are already better than the ones in botf! :D

28 Sep 2004, 15:21
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you would just create a piece of your own, then we can easily put them together. To make the best out of both.

And i wouldn't mind no :wink:

28 Sep 2004, 15:39
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

This has been written as if we've only just met they're culture and it's mainly accounts from other races etc.....

"Little is known of the Romulan Empire as much of their culture is shrouded in secrecy. It is believed they share a common ancestry with the Vulcan people, however they did not follow the example of surak and embrace pure logic. Many cultures have learned to steer clear of Romulan space, they are fiercely territorial deal with potential threats quickly and efficiently. Their intelligence agency, the Tal Shiar, is known to be ruthless and efficient, they are believed to be the primary reason few races have any reliable information about the Empire. Their vessels are often large and powerful, employing cloaking devices to avoid detection and enable them to utilise the element of surprise."

"The Klingon Empire are feared throughout the quadrant. They are a warrior race, who value honour, courage and tradition above all else. The Klingons seek combat and will rarely seek a diplomatic solution to any incident. Despite their fierce warrior ethic, the Klingons have a reputation for honouring treaties and defending allies as they would their own people. The Klingons place little emphasis on intelligence, preferring to utilise the military as their primary means of defence. Their ships are built for pure combat, they often carry heavy weapons and are highly maneuverable."

28 Sep 2004, 16:03
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If i gather information then i can easily create nicer ones (that i already made). I did them in only a few minutes. But it would be a great help if someone here also creates it, so that we can melt them together into one nice little document. 8)

28 Sep 2004, 21:00
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]