View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 May 2024, 03:45

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Crewman

Hi all,

Just thought I'd stop by and say hello as your newest forum member. I was searching for information on Birth of the Federation (as I'd recently started replaying) and came across this site instead; wow! Seems like everything I've been looking for in successor games to BotF rolled into one great community! I've spent a number of years haunting various Star Trek communities (although been on a break for a while) and was a long-term resident of ST-Onet in the run up to the release of Star Trek Online; before that I was a member of a number of Trek-game based clans. So it's great to find a healthy community still talking Trek gaming!

I've had a search through the forums and read a couple of topics in each of the game areas (the sticky in this forum about all the games was particularly helpful) but can I ask if someone could give me a quick summary update of where the games are and what they look like at the moment? :)

Olls

18 Apr 2011, 02:35
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Welcome Olls McAllister
Where is game development at? You can download the prealpha and take a look around. We do not expect an update to that two year old release for at least a few months. The next release will be a big jump though. Currently the game does not have AI or combat and features like diplomacy and Intel are basically nonexistent. The next update should have a working diplomacy and Intel and we will have to see about combat. It should make it a multiplayer game but with no AI there is not much point to single player games. I will let Matress give you the big picture as soon as he gets online again.
:borg:

18 Apr 2011, 02:59
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]