View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 29 May 2024, 15:03

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Star Trek XII to shoot this winter 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Vulture just confirmed that J.J. Abrams has finally committed to shooting Star Trek XII. Here is an excerpt of the article.

Insiders familiar with the director's plans tell Vulture that pre-production is underway, that the script will be done by month's end and that Abrams will start shooting this winter.

Part of the hold-up has been that Alex Kurtzman, who wrote Abrams' first Trek with Roberto “Bob” Orci, has been busy editing and posting Welcome to People, his directing debut at DreamWorks Pictures.

14 Sep 2011, 02:40
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

Good news at last :grin:

Does this also mean that a December 2012 release is possible? With only one year for shooting and post-production they will be cutting it close, but I have faith in JJ :cool:

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" -- Picard (The Inner Light)

14 Sep 2011, 09:37
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Back in July Trekmovie reported on news that Star Trek director J.J. Abrams was "moving towards a commitment" to direct the sequel to the 2009 hit. Now comes news that Abrams has officially committed to the project.

"Vulture confirms the news, reporting that pre-production on the sequel is currently underway. Even more important, the site reports that the script — written by Alex Kutzman, Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof — is expected to be completed by the end of the month and Abrams will begin shooting the film this winter."

There’s still no update on when the sequel will be released. Previously reported, Paramount delayed it’s release earlier this year (it was originally set for June 29, 2012–now its TBD) and has already slated the G.I. Joe sequel in the former slot. There are rumors that the film could slide into 2013 (perhaps summer or winter).

Last month Abrams teased that an announcement was close:

"I’m excited. We’re working hard. We’re very close and I hope to have something to talk about concretely soon. I do feel like if ‘Trek’ happens as we hope that it will, it will be a fun return to that group of people, because it’s an amazing group.

EW has confirmed that J.J. Abrams will direct the Star Trek sequel.

This means they are now developing locations, sets, props, lining up the additional principle actors needed and new wardrobe.

14 Sep 2011, 14:48
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I will risk a prediction here. I say the next film will center on the Klingons. They are a central part of trek going back to the original series. My inner Ferengi sees the writers viewing them as having the most box-office appeal for a multimillion dollar big Hollywood film. We will see if I am right or Cardassian.
:borg:

14 Sep 2011, 15:47
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
I will risk a prediction here. I say the next film will center on the Klingons.
Anyone in for a bet? This is a nice idea for a poll actually, so I made one, see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4360

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" -- Picard (The Inner Light)

14 Sep 2011, 17:28
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]