View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 May 2024, 12:49

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 MY girl Sirtis on TNG in HD 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
From trekmovie.com:

The buzz is building for the first release of Star Trek: The Next Generation on Blu-ray, coming up in a couple of weeks. Now TNG’s Counselor Troi is weighing in with Marina Sirtis talking about her worries about the show becoming dated and how the HD remastering puts those to rest. More details below.

Sirtis on ‘amazing’ TNG in HD

As we have been reporting here at TrekMovie, Star Trek: The Next Generation is being remastered for HD. The first season comes out later this year, with others to follow. But on January 31st CBS is releasing a sampler on Blu-ray ("Star Trek: The Next Generation – The Next Level") with four episodes: “Encounter at Farpoint” – as well as two more “fan favorite” episodes, “The Inner Light” (Season 5) and “Sins of the Father” (Season 3).

And in a new interview, Marina Sirtis (Star Trek: The Next Generation’s Counselor Troi) talks about her impressions of the project:

"I’m a total Luddite, not good with any technology at all,. I was not prepared to be impressed when I went to CBS to see what they were doing with the Blu-ray, but it was amazing. It was amazing because one of the things I’d always felt about our show was how I felt about the original Star Trek (1967-1969) when I watched that 20 years later, and that’s how dated it looked. So I was feeling that about The Next Generation, that it looked dated because the technology had come so far since the 1990s, since we’d made the show. We were state of the art in the 1990s, but technology put us in this time capsule, really. Now, with this Blu-ray technology, it looks like we shot it yesterday.’"

Sirtis also talked about the selection of the four episodes in the "Star Trek: The Next Generation – The Next Level" sampler:

”I think they made a really nice choice of episodes, though I still can’t watch the pilot because I was really amazed that they let me keep my job after that. I describe my performance in that as ‘ Sophie’s Choice meets Star Trek’. It was just way too emotional. It was awful, and I thought for sure that I was going to be fired. Aside from that, I can watch the other two."

Sirits isn’t the first TNG star to talk about the project. Back in September LeVar Burton tweeted "Stopped by to see how the TNG conversion to HD for Blue Ray was coming along… #mindblown."

19 Jan 2012, 21:11
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]