View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 18 May 2024, 01:53

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Oboma comes out in support of Star Trek Supremacy 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!

Not true but well at least he did get to meet the original Uhura.

(from Trekmovie.com)
Once again President Barack Obama has revealed his inner Trekkie. A few weeks ago Star Trek’s original Uhura Nichelle Nichols visited the White House, and now she has shared a photo of the event featuring herself and the president, with both flashing Vulcan salutes.

On February 29th Star Trek’s Nichelle Nichols was in Washington DC to speak at a NASA event and while there she had a chance to visit the White House and meet President Obama in the Oval office. And tonight Nichelle posted the official White House photo of the event on (Facebook and Twitter), which features Nichelle and the president flashing Vulcan salutes.

Back on February 29th, Nichelle tweeted about meeting the president saying:

I was honored to get a chance to meet with Pres Barack Obama today in the White House. He was as charming and handsome as I had expected.

Months ago Pres Obama was quoted as saying that he’d had a crush on me when he was younger. I asked about that & he proudly confirmed it!

President Obama also confirmed for me that he was definitely a Trekker! How wonderful is that?!

For more in Nichelle’s visit to NASA Godard (including video), go to nasa.gov.

Not Obama’s first Vulcan salute

This is not the first time that the president has shown his inner Trekkie. In 2009 at the White House Correspondents Dinner Obama threw up the salute (twice) while comedian John Hodgeman described him as America’s "first nerd president." And Star Trek’s Leonard Nimoy has stated that when he met candidate Obama back in 2008 he was greeted with a Vulcan salute. Obama has also referenced Star Trek in his speeches on a couple of occasions, including once noting how he "grew up on Star Trek."

04 Apr 2012, 19:36
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
Planning for a solid futue takes a little longer than a quick flash-in-the-plan fix. Give the guy time. And please all you polititions - work together and quit fighting. :naughty:

04 Apr 2012, 20:26
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]