View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 04 May 2024, 11:39

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Bakula on what happend to Enterpirse 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Debating the reasons for the cancellation of Star Trek: Enterprise after four years on UPN is another favorite pastime of Trek fans. In a new interview promoting his appearance at this weekend’s Toronto Comic Con, show star Scott Bakula weighs in with his theory, saying the show was the "victim of circumstance."

"I have to tell you, there were so many political things that happened in the time that we were on the air, with networks being bought and sold and studios changing personnel completely. I never really felt like we had failed as much as we were victims of circumstance.

"I felt like our show got better and better, and the overwhelming conversations I've had with people are like, 'Oh man, that last season was the greatest. You guys were just hitting your stride.' I said to the cast going in 'Please don't count on seven years. We're on a network with completely different rules.' We made 98 hours of television, a huge success by most standards."

Rest of the story here

13 Apr 2012, 15:33
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

Interesting.

Have to admit that i didn't enjoy Ent as much as the others because it wasnt the normal federation and stuff but i watched it all non the less and it had some very enjoyable episodes and arcs tho i did feel the xindi arc went on for far too long which probably didnt help the show.

True that the last season was good and getting better, just a shame they cut it off. True st is expensive to make as is any decent sci fi series but i assume they wernt losing money maybe ratings now and then but they probably were ok.

13 Apr 2012, 16:40
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]