View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:46

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Brannon Braga interview 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
tREKcORE recently released a special video interview with well known Star Trek writer, producer and Enterprise co-creator BRANNON BRAGA.

Some of the points covered include:

* His hopes for a 5th Season of Enterprise and belief that if enough fans support it on platforms such as Netflix, then a continuation could be very feasible.
* His opinions about Deep Space Nine having more latitude to experiment with serialization
* His notorious overuse of time-travel as a plot device and how he feels audiences became "immune" to it.
* His opinions on Voyager and how the Borg may have been overused.

The interviews are here.http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/03/exclusive-brannon-braga-interview-part-ii/

And are presented as videos and transcripts.

Here is an excerpt from this extensive and aawesome interview :

TrekCore: At the end of Enterprise, I remember, I think, twice actually, a fan campaign to get the show on the air, to keep the show on the air, or something. Were you aware of that? Did you think it had any legs behind it? Was it always a done deal?

Brannon Braga: I was aware of the fan campaign to keep Enterprise alive, because I drove past it every morning on my way to work. I don't think it had a chance. I think the network had decided what it wanted to do, and there was even a fan campaign to raise money. You know, Enterprise cost millions of dollars an episode, and I think they raised $30,000 or something. It was a noble effort, but there was no way the fans were going to save it.

The best thing the fans could do, for those reading this, the best possible thing the fans could do is, if they want to see another season of Enterprise, is watch it on Netflix.

TrekCore: Watch it on Netflix?

Brannon Braga: My neighbor produces Arrested Development, and they're making a new season of Arrested Development. I recall him telling me that it's because for that show, they know they're gonna get... they have data! They know a certain number of people are going to watch that show. I've heard rumors in town that the CBS show Jericho might get another season, because the numbers on Netflix are big!

Watch Enterprise!

TrekCore: Brannon, I will go home and watch it five times through, but are you saying - and I know you can't commit - if everybody was watching it on Netflx, there's a chance the actors would get back involved?
Brannon Braga: I don't work at Netflix, but all I can tell you is, based on what I've seen, if a show is real popular, they take notice. It's a business model... I would love to see another season of Enterprise. Whether or not you could get the whole cast, I don't know. But this cast is young, vibrant... I see them here, a lot of the cast is here at this convention, and I miss these guys.
It wasn't too long ago... it would be fun to do something. Even if it was just a two-hour special.

TrekCore: Just a couple of hours?

Brannon Braga: Yeah. I think that people would check it out.

25 Mar 2013, 20:33
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Trekmovie covers the same issue, bring Enterprise back through Netflix

http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/25/brannon-braga-suggests-netflix-could-bring-star-trek-enterprise-back-for-season-5/

I think Paramount will kill this trying to "keep the focus" on the new movies.

26 Mar 2013, 18:41
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

A fifth season of Enterprise would be really awesome!!!! A possible story for the season could involve the war with the Romulans?

However, I wouldn't get my hopes up yet...

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" -- Picard (The Inner Light)

26 Mar 2013, 19:51
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]