View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:59

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Bakula interview 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Season 1 remastered of Enterprise, the fifth Star Trek TV series finally arrived on Blu-ray Tuesday, and TV Guide Magazine asked star Scott Bakula a few questions about the show. Here is an excerpt.

TV Guide Magazine: Were you surprised that your show turned out to be the final frontier, at least on TV?Bakula: I don't know if it's the last show in the franchise, though a good portion of the people who were big fans are not at Paramount any more. Also, the new Star Trek movie franchise is so incredibly successful that it takes the focus away from TV. Clearly Star Trek and Star Trek fans are not going away. If one thing's true in our business, people tend to repeat successful things as often as they can. So I won't say it's over.

TV Guide Magazine: Would you like to appear in a Star Trek movie?Bakula: I would love to. I haven't been asked but my dog and I got a mention in one movie. That might have to do. But you never know.

TV Guide Magazine: How did you get involved with the Blu-ray project?Bakula: I saw Brannon one day and he asked if I had done any commentary for the Blu-ray version. He told me it was unbelievable and I should call them. So I called and wound up talking for two hours about the first season - about the cast, about coming into such an iconic franchise, what it was like the first day as a Star Trek captain. A lot of the cast and technical people were interviewed as well as Brannon Braga and Rick Berman. It's pretty informative.

TV Guide Magazine: What's one of your strongest memories from that first season?Bakula: It was pretty overwhelming to walk on the stage where all the sets were built for the first time. Henry Zimmerman designed them and they were so well conceived; beautiful to look at, camera friendly and they were real! We were able to go up and down the stars, things were made of steel. The props actually worked because we were set earlier than the Kirk days, we had to manipulate controls and not just talk to computers. We had cool moving pieces that worked for four years. I joked when the show was over we should take the sets and turn them into playgrounds because my kids, who were young at the time, had a blast on the set climbing up and down things.

27 Mar 2013, 23:11
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

Archer/Bakula is one of my favorite captains, especially from the 3rd season and on when he became a lot more badass :twisted:

BTW, I really doubt Enterprise is the final frontier. After they make the 3rd movie ca 2015-16, they will most probably also make a series.

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" -- Picard (The Inner Light)

28 Mar 2013, 18:37
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]