View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 05 May 2024, 09:11

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Patrick talking about you... 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
The Toronto Star posted a new interview with TNG star Patrick Stewart and here is an excerpt.

Regarding the Star Trek fans, Stewart said “Some of your colleagues have given them bad press and it’s quite unfair, I mean, I see why they do it. There is an extreme element at times. But I talk with physicists and astronauts, presidents of universities . . . I mean, good lord, even two chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and at least one Secretary of State. . . who have said, ‘Your show meant everything to me and made a big difference to my life.’

Its far-reaching fandom alone has set Star Trek, in all its incarnations, apart.

“I think it is not hyperbole to say this, but there has been no show like it,” Stewart says. “To have reinvented itself again and again, and found such success again and again . . . and now, with J.J. Abrams and the new guys, it’s happened all over again.

“To have been a part of that for a while feels very good. I’ve often been quoted as saying, and I’ll say it again, if the world were to end tonight and all I was remembered for was this show, I would be content with that.”

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2013/03/08/patrick_stewart_fondly_recalls_star_trek_the_next_generation.html

28 Mar 2013, 14:23
Communications Officer
Communications Officer

Well, Trek has meant a lot to a lot of people for around half a century now, so it's bound to make an impact. Anyway, who hasn't dreamed of travelling to the stars?

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again" -- Picard (The Inner Light)

28 Mar 2013, 18:34
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]