View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 08 May 2024, 09:05

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Great Game 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
If you were not there you missed the best game ever.

Mike, Luke, Blaze and I had a four way shootout. We looked at a number of game issue and had a load of fun.
:bigthumb:
It inspires me to push on with the 3D combat system.
:bolian:

08 Jun 2013, 20:22
Genetically Altered Manual Labourer

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
Way to go Ken!

09 Jun 2013, 00:40
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Next game we should do as Mike suggests. Turning off any major race that does not have a player.

Minors would help you build up faster as well. All those colonies take forever just to get to Windows XP.

09 Jun 2013, 02:04

Location: Passed out on the floor after math mistake discovered by Hawking
Can that be done? Turn off a major race? I don't remember noticing a setting for that.

09 Jun 2013, 07:03
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
If you were not there you missed the best game ever.

Oh crap. :cardassian:
Let's hear some on the game, who won and what tactics? :D
Guess the bloody Borg clan took over the remaining major and then conquered the rest of the universe. :romulan:

09 Jun 2013, 11:00
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

The best part was that Mike could see first hand some of the issues with the current build. Also Luke was able to give some input on design. I learned that it is a local font issue that causes my system to use the old 6 looks like an 8 font and not the game.

As to the game. Everyone played very well and that was what made it so much fun. We learned that you should turn off any major race that is not being played. An inactive home world left on the map and then taken by transports without damage by bombardment is a game changer. I would like to try turning on the minors next time as noted above as well. Everyone wondered why I was building construction ships and transports but not colony ships. They found out when my Dominion construction ships turned on two leapfrogged outposts and got transports in to take Romulus. That more than doubling my economy in a few more turns. Mike and Luke saw the danger and were going to deal with me when the Klingons, Blaze, started to attack Card colonies. When Luke left Mike, the Federation, tried to take Cardassia but it was too late. We did get to test some combat and system assault issue with my Dominion fleet parked in Earth orbit but it was not time enough for Earth to make more ships. As you can see I took unfair advantage of the Romulan homeworld situation and then Luke leaving the game. Take away either or both and it would have been a different outcome. The Dominions big weakness is a small homeworld.

09 Jun 2013, 16:36
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
As you can see I took unfair advantage of the Romulan homeworld situation

I knew it! :naughty: :lol:

looking forward to the next session, hope I'll make it then

09 Jun 2013, 17:00
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Below are some notes by Blaze and Mike during the last game.

Suggestions:

-navigate menus when turn is done.

-audio file play during actions such as declare war, any screen with large amounts of words

-cinimatics inbetween turns

-cinimatics for ship battle resolution

-cinimatics for build completion

-queue ship in ship yard

-catagorize the build menus

-undo turn if other players have not locked in there turn

-Battle all ships destroyed *battle with Kenneth and Mike*

-BUG: upgrade shipyard wipes the ship out

-BUG: raw material displays as duranium in outpost building

-BUG: 6 and 8 on building screen

-BUG: declared war on Cardassians and he didn't see it in the summary

-BUG: intell not working
[6/8/2013 11:40:24 AM] Mike Strobel: BUG: after space battle victory, victorious fleet gets moved out of sector
[6/8/2013 12:04:33 PM] Mike Strobel: BUG: orbital defenses active but useless if not engaged by enemy invader

We see some issue here that we are already aware of but there is some fun stuff too.

The combat engine could also be used to run some 3D ingame animation suggested above. I was thinking also in the waiting-for-other-player-to-finish-there-turn dead time some recap of events like station completed, ships built, combat replay could be run on the local PC.

09 Jun 2013, 19:30
Admiral
Admiral

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
Next game we should do as Mike suggests. Turning off any major race that does not have a player.

Minors would help you build up faster as well. All those colonies take forever just to get to Windows XP.

Turning off majors is rather easy. Edit Resources\Data\Civilizations.xml and change

<CivilizationType>Empire</CivilizationType>

to

<CivilizationType>MinorPower</CivilizationType>

or some of the other minor types (doesn't really matter, there's no difference), for the empire you want to disable.

---

Colonized systems will develop faster in the future, but I wanted to wait for the next build to be almost ready before releasing the changes to PFs. That's because the next build will have changes to industry output, which will affect a number of things.

Also notice that if colonies develop too fast, the SP side of the game will be affected. It will not be an easy balance.
Re minors, also don't forget that right now you're getting them basically for free; but that'll change at some point. It'll take time and money to get them to join.
And, we don't have a rush production system yet, but eventually we will. That'll speed things up.
We might need to implement a set of special starting conditions for MP games, to make them develop faster - a switch for faster research has already been approved by Mike.

I'm just saying that the games that are being played right now are not a reflection of what the game will play like in the future.

11 Jun 2013, 10:24
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Iceman wrote:

Turning off majors is rather easy. Edit Resources\Data\Civilizations.xml and change

<CivilizationType>Empire</CivilizationType>

to

<CivilizationType>MinorPower</CivilizationType>

Thought you could do it in the multiplayer GUI. One of the Major Race drop down options. Will have to look again when I get home.

Iceman wrote:

I'm just saying that the games that are being played right now are not a reflection of what the game will play like in the future.

Understood. We are just setting up for a fun test game.

11 Jun 2013, 14:20
Admiral
Admiral

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
Thought you could do it in the multiplayer GUI. One of the Major Race drop down options. Will have to look again when I get home.

The MP lobby does have a pulldown where you can set empires to Computer or Unassigned. Not sure if Unassigned is for that, but I think it's not working yet. I've added that to the tracker some time ago, after that game we played.

12 Jun 2013, 13:02
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Here is a link to the Download of the latest code for Supremacy. link http://www.mediafire.com/folder/e7p8y2ibc115y/Supremacy#h73xvm4xkqme8

It is the July 7th Bloodwurm update that comes without a Resources folder. I suggest downloading into a folder marked as 20130707 for that version.
We will all need to be on the same version to play online together.

You can copy a Resources folder over from on of the earlier versions of the game.

I hope we can setup a game this coming Saturday, AM for those of us on the left side and PM for all my friends on the right side.

29 Jul 2013, 01:56
Admiral
Admiral

Kenneth, I already made the complete build available to the public. I posted about it in the proper thread, the one with all the download links :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4797

There's already 40 downloads and all :grin:

There is one smallish "bug" in the database though, the Romulan Cruiser III should cost 3 dilithium, not 4. Will be fixed for next release.

Thanks Bloodwurm for all the work you've put into it! :bigthumb:

29 Jul 2013, 10:56
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Thanks, It looks like that thread is locked so I will deal with game time here.

Matress says he works this coming Saturday. Does anyone have a problem, one way or the other, with gaming on Sunday vs Saturday?

29 Jul 2013, 15:24
Admiral
Admiral

There is a subforum that is more appropriate for this:

Quote:
Supremacy Chat
The place to chat about anything Supremacy-related. Discuss the game, set up multiplayer matches or talk about any aspect of the game here.

:wink:

30 Jul 2013, 10:31
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]