View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 May 2024, 08:09

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 g-max 
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

i was thinking about modding (as always) and what would be best for everyone when it comes to modding the game, then i thought of g-max. it is a free scaled down version of 3d studio max, it can import 3ds files which can then be modified to suit (attach hardpoints, hitpoints) with the amount of ships available on the net for free you don`t even have to be a modeler. i think this would be the best format as then anyone can make their own ships and mod the game the way they want to.
it is simple to use, honest, so i would recoomend getting it and takeing a look, if we decide on this format for when the 3d engine is ready then everyone will be able to stick their favorite ships in the game.

07 Oct 2004, 13:37
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I like this a lot. Adding or amending hardpoints sounds fantastic! :D :D :D

07 Oct 2004, 13:49
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Jigalypuff, does this program allow resizing and rescaling of ships?

I'm sure you'll get the sizes spot on anyway, just asking in case we wanted to alter anything. :D

08 Oct 2004, 09:39
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I needed to put in a stupid serial, but the site were you can get one for free was offline! :(

Q: The trial never ended. We never reached a verdict. But now we have. You're guilty. Picard: Guilty of what? Q:Of being inferior.

08 Oct 2004, 09:48
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

http://www.turbosquid.com/ you can get it from here, the serial is e-mailed to you after registration i believe. yes you can rescale models with g`max, it is already a tested format for 3d games and was released for the modding community.

08 Oct 2004, 10:27
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I'll be downloading that later! It does sound extremely cool. :D

08 Oct 2004, 10:29
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The things that happened to me today and yesterday were so weird. I had suddenly a virus and all kinds of spyware/adware/etc.. on my comp after searching for this serial. Then i couldný copy or cut or paste anything. The computer couldn't see maps with the name msconfig/CWShredder/HijackThis/etc... So i took some from my MP3 player. I'm heading home today, and i can't see any music files anymore, to play with. They are not hidden, they are just not there. but if you copy something with the same name into the folder, then you'll receive a error about that there is already a folder a mp3 file with that name. So i formatted the thing, and all is fine now. :D

Does anyone here know what the problem is? I think something to do with a file in the Registry about exe files.

Q: The trial never ended. We never reached a verdict. But now we have. You're guilty. Picard: Guilty of what? Q:Of being inferior.

08 Oct 2004, 21:49
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I REALLY WANT TO HELP ON THIS!! But... :oops: ... don't know if i can be of real assistance, i can make a few meshes and such stuff, but i am primarely learning to do this. But if you would make a list of the things you need for graphics, then perhaps i can be of assistance. :wink:

11 Oct 2004, 18:40
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

i think you may have mistaken the reason i suggested g-max. it will be for anyone to mod the game, it can import 3ds files, you can then scale them to suit add hardpoints and give it different textures. you then save it as a g-max file which would work just fine in the game. there is no reason for you to be a modeler, theres plenty of ships on the net you can use, just credit the makers in your mods. easy peasy :D

11 Oct 2004, 19:37
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

on what do you need those graphics stuff for?

11 Oct 2004, 23:05
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

iwulff wrote:
on what do you need those graphics stuff for?

sorry i don`t get the question mate?

12 Oct 2004, 13:14
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

you asked in the groups for people that will work on graphics, i thought at first it would be something like moddeling or something, but then i finally began to read. :D So you need people that will create race pictures, and wallpapers? :wink:

12 Oct 2004, 13:18
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

yes mate lol

12 Oct 2004, 13:35
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Tomorrow night I'll e-mail you a dozen or so I've taken from DVD caps. :D

12 Oct 2004, 13:41
Ensign
Ensign

Right, alot of forums dont like this, but you ppl seem ral nice here so maybe you'll let me get away with it.

G-max is a free download, free regestration and free serial. But i know alot ofg ppl had hassel with gettin a code for it. So...

E79DABA50AC70AF8A200F17FABB23AD4EABB2CB229B8B0DA481466DB36

Thats the code ive used for about a year now, it works everytime ive downloaded it. EDIT Someones already told me it isnt working, try it and see, if not you can regester it for free at http://www.turbosquid.com/RegisterGmax/Index.cfm?v=120&c=100

As for gmax for modding, i presume (as you were talking about using a .SOD format) you mean changing it in g-max, then exporting it n saving via milkshape. I dont know if there are any plugins for gmax, i stoped using it a few mopnth ago cause i got 3ds max.

Last edited by STHedgeHog on 18 Oct 2004, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

17 Oct 2004, 23:02
Profile WWW
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

no i was on about useing the gmax format for the in game models, because not everyone has or can get a hold of the programmes to create other formats. gmax seems like the best option for everyone to be able to mod the game.

17 Oct 2004, 23:05
Ensign
Ensign

What does g-max save as by deafault, i cant remember. Id presume 3ds max can save that ext too, so those of us who have downl..*cough* Brought it can do it too.

17 Oct 2004, 23:14
Profile WWW
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

it`s default is gmax, it`s all it saves to. i do not know if there is a plugin for max which exports to gmax, we may have to export as 3ds the nimport into gmax.

17 Oct 2004, 23:57
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

i've found some minor race pics, maybe ya can use them, these are for bajorans,andorians,angosians,baku,benzites,betaziods,bolians,breen,bynars,el-aurians, gorn,hirogen,jemhadar,kazon,kes,prytt,krenim, ktarians, malcorians ,malon ,mintakans,mizarians,nausicans,ocampa,pakleds,shapeshifters,sheliak,sona,t-lani, talarians,talaxian,talosians, tamarians, tellarites,trill,ullians,vidians,vorta, vulcans, yridians, zarkdorn

ps how do you post pics in this forum

found some more akaali,

18 Oct 2004, 00:42
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

YOu will have to upload them to a server or something, here this is the link i gave to Mykuss earlier:

http://www.1asphost.com

19 Oct 2004, 08:35
Ensign
Ensign

Right, can we get some form of verfication about this. Originally, you were loking at a .SOD format, which was never comfirmed. Then it was .FLC, which i thought was going to be it, and now its gmax. I can do all three so it dosent matter to me, i just want to clear it up. Although i know you probally cant say for sure what it will be, could you at lease hint toward one, and verify one other thing, Your using a 2d comabt with 3D models for the beta right?

27 Oct 2004, 20:37
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]