View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 04 May 2024, 17:55

Reply to topic  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 The BOTF2 Combat System (Download Is In The First Post) 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Those are nice.

The new voice clips now only say shields degraded
It will not repeat 80% each time. It would be nice if the code could
rotate through a larger selection of comment when it is completed.

29 Apr 2009, 00:05
Crewman

Thank you Matress and Wolf :mrgreen:

Vids are really looking very impressive :love:

Keep up the good work :mrgreen:

As soon as it get's Vista ready, i'll run some speed tests. Let's see how far i can push the system until
fps drop :borg:

29 Apr 2009, 10:19
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Can you edit the first post to list all 6 of those videos in that first post. Those are something interested fans would be... well interested in :)

Also any news on updates to this or any new videos?

14 Jul 2009, 00:13
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I updated the first post to include the links. MOE, you can take a look and see if it is OK.

Updates: I am working on the first game trailer. So far I am capturing some galactic map
clips along with some clips to show Romulan warbirds ambushing Federation ships. In the end
it will demonstrate empire development on the map with progression to combat in 3D. The
audio clips for combat have already been recorded.

here

14 Jul 2009, 03:03
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Oh, I thought the videos already were in there. :ahem:

I've given the thread a slight tidy-up, and i've removed Strings' combat system from it - i've created a separate post for it and completely rewritten the info to ensure people know it is no longer under development. I also created a thread for his model viewer program, which I just uploaded to Sharepoint. It's been sitting forgotten on my computer for a few months now, so I thought I might as well let other people have a look now that i've remembered about it and since i'm creating a new thread for his combat system anyways.

...The models that it comes with are in .xna format - which is unconvertable, Kenneth. That's why I haven't mentioned it to you before. I would've passed it on straight away otherwise.

14 Jul 2009, 13:38
Profile WWW
Starfleet Ambassador to the French Peoples

I have 2 questions:

-In Dafedz's Database, there is a section called: Combat Voice script.
(http://www.trekmania.net/temp_files/Com ... e_card.htm) I would like to know if expression of each voice clip will be subtitled in the BOTF2 Combat System?

-We should know how to install in order STEP BY STEP of the BOTF2 Combat System? (and drivers if possible) on XP & Vista. (i installed it on Xp but it crashed)

15 Aug 2009, 12:37
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

There are voice clips for the combat engine recorded and saved on SharePoint. Here is an example of that. Look in Share Documents / Sound Recordings / Federation / Combat. They are inspired by but not based on Defedz's data base.

CDRWolfe had developed the combat engine to work in XP so I am not sure why it is crashing on your system. He has not yet converted it to run in Vista.

15 Aug 2009, 15:38

Starfleet.command, the combat system does NOT need to be installed on your computer; it works in the same way as Supremacy. You just have to click on the program file and it will load. So my usage instructions should be sufficient. If the combat system crashed, it's likely that you saved the files to the incorrect location - it's extremely finnicky about where you load the files to. Please try reading the isntructions again and ensure you followed them exactly.

Quote:
•To install, unzip the contents of the download into a folder called C:/Demo.

DO NOT UNZIP IT INTO ANY OTHER FOLDER, LOCATION, OR HARD DRIVE AS THE COMBAT SYSTEM WILL NOT WORK.

For example, C:/Program Files/Demo is NOT a valid location. The Demo is also case-sensitive - for example, the game will not recognise the folder if it is put it into C:/demo or C:/DEMO. It MUST be called Demo.

•If you have any previous demo versions, you MUST remove all of the old demo files before unzipping the update into C:\Demo.

As with Supremacy, no actual game installation is necessary to play the game. So once you've unzipped the demo, open the Demo folder, and click on the filed called "Click me to run Demo" to run the game.

The sound clips are for the combat system but the combat system hasn't been updated in a good long while so the sound clips currently have no use. They will be added as part of the download at a later date when CrWolfe releases an update.

15 Aug 2009, 22:10
Profile WWW
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

It should run i XP, you need to have all the .Net stuff installed aswell. How far do you get, load game engine?, get to GUI to pick ships etc, what is the error.

Regards Wolfe

15 Aug 2009, 22:18

I installed .Net Framework 3.5 and the msvcr71.dll as the PDF ask but nothing, it's crash even on XP.
In the PDF demo there is : Run game from exe in \Release folder. The video card is a Radeon x1600 series.

15 Aug 2009, 22:25

I used to have a Radeon X1650 and the combat system worked fine on it, so I doubt it's a problem with the card. Chances are is it is this file you are referring to. I just did a google for it:

Quote:
msvcr71.dll
The DLL file Msvcr71.dll belongs to the Microsoft Visual C Runtime library version 7.1 engine. This file is a core Windows component used by several Windows applications such as Microsoft Visual Studio.NET versions 2002, 2003 & 2005 and Microsoft Office version 2002 & 2003 that have Microsoft C++.NET. This DLL file is also used by a few other Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications.

Your Windows XP operating system and other Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications need the msvcrt.dll file to control and display items such as mouse events, drop-down menus, scroll bars and buttons.

Some of the Msvcr71.dll error messages that you may come across while working on your Windows computer are listed below:

The application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Reinstalling this application may fix this problem.

Msvcr71.dll cannot be found.

Program_File failed because MSVCR71.dll was not found.

There can be many reasons for these missing Msvcr71.dll errors. Some of the most common reasons are listed below.

A faulty application or software program was installed on the PC.
There are outdated or obsolete files on the system.
A more current version of the file was overwritten by an older version when an application was installed.
Installation files of a currently installed program such as Microsoft Office are damaged.
Malware infections.
Damaged Registry.
Given below are a few steps that you can perform to repair and prevent Msvcr71.dll errors on your PC.

If the error started appearing soon after you have installed a new application or device driver, then it is quite possible that the error is occurring due to problems in the installation. To rectify the error in this case, uninstall the software you installed and reinstall it. If your installation files are faulty or the disk you are using to perform the setup is damaged then you must reinstall the software only after you have healthy and error-free installation files with you.

You must always keep your PC up-to-date with the latest hotfixes, patches, security releases, and service packs released by your operating system, software applications, and device driver manufacturers. This is important because many DLL-related errors are caused due to outdated and invalid files. Keeping your system updated not only helps you in preventing several computer errors, but also helps you enhance the security of your system and improve its performance.

It is important to be vigilant while you are installing and uninstalling applications from your computer. Never overwrite a shared DLL-when installing an application-unless you are sure that it is not used by any other application on your system. In the same way, never remove a DLL file-when uninstalling an application-unless you are certain that no other application on the system requires it.

Many times, errors related to DLL files, such as Msvcr71.dll, occur due to malware infections. To prevent and fix problems caused by malware programs such as virus, worms, Trojans, spyware and adware, you need to run regular full system scans using reliable antivirus and antispyware tools. You must always keep these tools updated with the latest definitions to ensure that your PC is protected against the latest threats.

All that bumf basically means you've most likely got an old, corrupt, or incorrectly installed version of the file, or the .Net framework itself. You could try downloading a version of the file from the internet yourself (Try This Download if you're willing to risk it - make sure you make a backup of the file first though. Msvcr71.dll is located in my Windows/System 32 folder so I assume it's the same for you)

The safest thing to do though would be to reinstall .Net. Uninstall all versions that you have, restart your computer, then download a new copy. The latest version of .Net is available from Here. The latest version always contains copies of all previous .Net versions so you only need to install the latest version. You don't need to worry about installing each individual version.

15 Aug 2009, 22:53
Profile WWW
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Download link is broken on 1st page (megaupload does not exist anymore). Does anyone have a copy still and can upload it somewhere?

26 Mar 2012, 11:30
Profile WWW

I've still got the program but it's a large file. I'll have to split it into two separate downloads.

*Edit 1 - I just found out that WinRar has compression settings. I'll Mediafire it and update the download links.

*Edit 2 - still not good enough, going to need to split it.

15 Apr 2012, 13:47
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14