View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 05 May 2024, 23:43

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 MINOR RACES SHIPS- Game Ready 
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Here will be posted all minor race ships which are ready for use in the game, that means you can download them from fleetyards.

VULCANS:

Vulcan Surveyor (Tech 3)

http://star-trek-games.com/components/com_remository_files/file_image_25/img_25_01.png

Vulcan Cruiser (Tech 5)

http://star-trek-games.com/components/com_remository_files/file_image_26/img_26_01.png

Vulcan Command Ship (Tech 8 )

http://star-trek-games.com/components/com_remository_files/file_image_27/img_27_01.png

Vulcan Heavy Cruiser (Tech 10)

http://star-trek-games.com/components/com_remository_files/file_image_28/img_28_01.png

ANDORIANS:

Andorian Warcruiser (Tech 3)

http://star-trek-games.com/components/com_remository_files/file_image_20/img_20_01.png

MALON:

Malon Scow (Tech 3)

http://star-trek-games.com/components/com_remository_files/file_image_22/img_22_01.png

Malon Heavy Scow (Tech 5)

http://star-trek-games.com/components/com_remository_files/file_image_23/img_23_01.png

YRIDIANS:

Yridian Destroyer (Tech 5)

http://star-trek-games.com/components/com_remository_files/file_image_24/img_24_01.png

13 Sep 2008, 20:16
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Very nice work man. :winkthumb: I love it. Thanks for making that D'kyr you finished for me look so nice. The poly count drop does show a bit boxy but it if helps the game run that is good. Did someone say we need to be well below the 5,000 count set by Mike?

The Andorian looks good. Thanks Jig. I could not get permission for the only one I found online so that is a big help.

The download model Vulcan Heavy Cruiser looks a little low poly. That is not something to hold up the progress of work. We can put it on the fix list for Version 2. :borg:

Where is Fleetyards for the downloads?

Is that image format something that will be use in one of the games?

14 Sep 2008, 00:47
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Actually, Vulcan Heavy Cruiser is nicely modelled ship, take a look:

http://www.neutralzone.de/database/Alien/Beta/VulcanTPauType01.jpg

14 Sep 2008, 08:26
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

The Andorian Cruiser is such a beautiful design. Perhaps the best thing to come out of Enterprise ;).

23 Oct 2008, 04:46
Profile WWW
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Actually I think it looks better when it's upside down. I guess it's one of those Akiraprise designs, but in a good way, not in a lack-of-ideas kitbash way. It's a nice model either way. :)

Attachment:
Andorianairodna.jpg
Andorianairodna.jpg [ 31.62 KiB | Viewed 6661 times ]

By the way, do you want to use these sorts of ship images in the game Mike, or would you prefer the current simpler screenshot/render type image?

23 Oct 2008, 10:27
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Would you please restate the image needs of the game Mike?

I noticed that there are minor race .png images at 270 by 225 for the ships above uploaded to the Fleetyard. What you see above is not the only image in the ship's folder.

I did see that the 270 by 225 images are all named the same, "270x225.png" in the shipyard folders. Will that create a problem for the game if the images for all the ships have the same name? I have given my images unique names. I have been naming them by the shiplist designation like C Cruiser IV.png where C stands for Cardassians. (options are C, F, D, R, and K for the major races.) Will that work?

23 Oct 2008, 13:57
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Honestly, I'd put the model that is currently used as the vulcan surveyor as the late-tech vulcan warship. It looks..meaner than the others.

05 Dec 2008, 01:09
Profile ICQ
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Kenneth_of_Borg wrote:
Would you please restate the image needs of the game Mike?

I noticed that there are minor race .png images at 270 by 225 for the ships above uploaded to the Fleetyard. What you see above is not the only image in the ship's folder.

I did see that the 270 by 225 images are all named the same, "270x225.png" in the shipyard folders. Will that create a problem for the game if the images for all the ships have the same name? I have given my images unique names. I have been naming them by the shiplist designation like C Cruiser IV.png where C stands for Cardassians. (options are C, F, D, R, and K for the major races.) Will that work?

270x225 works fine. They can be larger--the images will be scaled to the desired size in the game. As for the file names, I believe I designed the game editor such that if you select an image file that is outside of the standard images folder, it will copy the image to the correct location and give it a name matching the object ID (i.e. fed_cruiser_i.png or andorian_raider.png).

05 Dec 2008, 04:52
Profile WWW

I just tested it Mike. The editor does copy the image file into the TechObjects folder, and automatically resizes it in the editor and the game. The image file itself maintains the original pixel size. It doesn't convert the image into a .png file though, but not that it matters as the game and editor can still use .jpg's.

Attachment:
MOE In Supremacy.jpg
MOE In Supremacy.jpg [ 82.94 KiB | Viewed 6516 times ]

05 Dec 2008, 12:46
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

TrashMan wrote:
Honestly, I'd put the model that is currently used as the Vulcan surveyor as the late-tech Vulcan warship. It looks..meaner than the others.

I also have some issue with that selection of Vulcan ships. My plan is to put all the ships into the fleetyard. Captain Strobel can make the final call on what he wants in his game.

Quote:
The editor does copy the image file into the TechObjects folder, and automatically resizes it in the editor and the game. The image file itself maintains the original pixel size. It doesn't convert the image into a .png file though, but not that it matters as the game and editor can still use .jpg's.

That sounds good. We can name the files whatever as they will be in a unique folder. I will make sure they are all .png because Capatin Strobel said something about that being important a while back. We will use the 270 x 225 aspect ratio.

:borg:

05 Dec 2008, 14:52

I've been handling all of the image files for my Supremacy update, so I don't mind carrying on with that. It would make life easier if we had some news about sharepoint though. If we got that running again we could start uploading all of the new stuff we have. The longer we leave it the greater the risk of some catastrophic loss of someone's computer. Any news on it Mike?

05 Dec 2008, 18:40
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I have been putting ships and stations in the Fleetyard as they are converted to our game format and made ready. This collection of models is organized and backed up in two locations locally by me.

It still would be nice to have SharePoint. It is easier to use and manage the fleet but I will work with whatever we have.

:borg:

05 Dec 2008, 20:09
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]