View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 11:44

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
 The Shiplist - Jobs For People Who Want To Make Models! 
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Righty then - the Romulan cruiser can be CRUISER IV
-D'Bora Class

I strongly suggest you use the Nierrh as a Hevy Destroyer (Defiant counterpart)

And should each race have a station, outpost and starbase????

I may end up making a more advanced Vulcan ship...

16 Oct 2006, 11:02
Profile ICQ
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Latest additions:

NORWAY CLASS

*should be around 1500 polys when finished*

SABER CLASS

*should be arund 1200 polys when finished*

[/b]

17 Oct 2006, 14:41
Profile ICQ
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Excellent! It's great to have some more models to post!

...But there is a slight problem, Trashman. The Norway and Galaxy-X classes didn't make it into the shiplist! :(

Still, keep the models, they can always be added in later as a mod. :wink:

You can check the shiplist out Here.

I've added in your D'Bora as well. Could you ask MAP whether we can use his Nierrh for us? Thanks Trashman. :)

As for the bases, we need Spacedocks, Starbases, Outposts, and Science Stations. The Federation already have Skeeter's Space Station K-7 and he is also working on a Armada-inspired Klingon Starbase. Zahadoom has also created a Dominion Starbase

The Romulans and Cardassians have absolutely no stations at all yet!

17 Oct 2006, 23:12
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Oh well, the Norway nad Galaxy-X won't go to waste..
Expansion maby? :wink:

Altough I was sure I saw the Norway on the shiplist.. should have doublechecked...

Oh, almost forgot:

Here you go, one Fed outpost...

EDIT: I still need to know texture size and numbers before I can actualyl start mapping these bad boys.

17 Oct 2006, 23:44
Profile ICQ
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

PM "private message" jig and mstrobal for requirements. Its fastest way to know. That or email.

At a guess for jigs game.

512x size max.
1 texture i think.
.PCX format i think is the models texture format, or might be tga. I know PCX was for somit tho.
Not sure of fancy stuff like bump map and spec map channels.

17 Oct 2006, 23:52
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

to save on mem then preferably 1 512x512 map per mesh although more than one can be texture format is .bmp and mesh format for my engine is .mdl phasers and torps will fire from vertices writen into the script.
map has already said i can use any of his meshs i need, i swapped him some sg ships for them :lol:

18 Oct 2006, 01:47
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Ouch..and I allready started on a 1024x1024 texture for the Advanced Vor'Cha..LOL

Why not use DDS? It saves on memory and loads faster.

So best to avoid intersecting polys (what to get when you attach/glue stuff).
Well that I can do put the polycount for ships will unavoidanbly get higer as a result....
Come to think of it, practilcy every model I've seen for Armada or botf2 HAS intersecting polygons..a lot of them.
I'll try to keep it down with that tough...

.mdl.. that sounds familiar.. Dang, I worked woth so many 3D programs and formats I keep confusing them.

Erm...can you explain a bit more how to set up the points from which torps/phasors fire?

EDIT: Great, then you can use his Vor'Cha and Nierrh.

18 Oct 2006, 11:15
Profile ICQ
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

I suggest you make 2048x2048 textures and resize later to game specs. That way you have high res maps with sharp details for other games that can use them large sizes.

The model format is for 3D Gamestudio. You can convert from 3d max files to mdl later i think. I can do lightwave to 3d gamestudio format as well for my models.

If we could use DDS textures we would i think. But i dont think 3d Gamestudio accepts them.

Im not sure what you mean by glueing etc and intersecting polys. Care to explain.

--

Here is 3d gamestudio info.

http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/3dgs.htm Im sure you can find any info you need on the site or wiki.

18 Oct 2006, 11:51
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

i think he means welding vertices this is ok so long as there are no hidden polys. 1024 is ok btw, lets face it most machines run so much better these days there should not be t3wo many probs, as for dds i dunno i`ll look into it

18 Oct 2006, 14:23
Jig of the Puff
Jig of the Puff

sorry phaser points will be set via a script ingame during runtime, basicly in sed i select which vertices i want phasers to come s from and then assign them via script.

18 Oct 2006, 14:25
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I understand fire point not being set by hte model itself (a lot of games do it so), but usually, they are stored in some ship file.

Each ship should have specific places from which phasors/toprs come out of.

B.t.w. - the Vor'Cha advanced (wanted to find a cool name for it, but the english-klingon dictionary is surpisingly empty. Not even batte ralated words. duh.. the only thing I could find way "Battleblood" - Glhot'Lw...yuck)

1626 polygons and with a 512x512 texture :D

And since I was bored I also made this:
1508 polys so far...

18 Oct 2006, 18:26
Profile ICQ
Klingon Honor Guard
Klingon Honor Guard

Wow, you texture fast what do you use, photoshop cs2? When i make textures they take ages doing all the lights and hull bits.

18 Oct 2006, 19:04
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Since MAP allowed the use of his models nad textures, I actually made a new texture out of seveal of his + some editing and additions.

Took a while too, as I kept chaning stuff.
I use Photoshop 7.0

18 Oct 2006, 19:38
Profile ICQ
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I'm now making textures for the Romulan Cruiser and the Fed Starbase, but tomorrow I have to travel.
Won't be back untill friday eavning, so don't expect new models untill saturday. :wink:

18 Oct 2006, 23:04
Profile ICQ

Expect anything?! Trashman, you're doing brilliantly already! We've got months until we need all the models completed, but the sooner we get them done the easier it will be.

As for the "Vor'cha Advanced", the Vor'cha will be getting an upgrade in the game, so we can easily get by without giving it a new name. The Constitution is getting her upgrade without a new name, anyway. 8) :lol:

Still, i've had to do plenty of research into Klingon language so that I could make their random events sound good. Here's the two Klingon language websites that i've used the most to give you some inspiration for the name if you really want to give it one:

New Canonical Words (My personal Klingon Bible!) :lol:
The New Galactic Phrasebook

I've also added in your Starbase and Outpost, Trashman.

19 Oct 2006, 08:17
Profile WWW
Crewman

Your Vor'cha U/G looks great. More guns on the wings, but didn't the basic Vor'cha have a 'forecastle' at the head, just behind the Big Gun part?

I don't think that would be removed (could it?) on a refit so to speak.

20 Oct 2006, 09:23
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but tehre is no Valdore class..
Valdore was the name of one of two ship that appeared in Nemessis, but their correct designation is Norrexan class (I think).

Also, it seems smaller and weaker than a Warbird. A Warbird is over 1000m long (Sovereign in 706m for comparison), and the norexans in the movie seemed slighly smaller than the Sovereign.
In addition, they don't seem to posses much firepower - in the move they fire pulse disruptors, and rather slowly I might add.

I recall a episode where a Warbird fired 10 pulse disruptor blasts, 2 disruptor blasts and several torps and hte Galaxy, disabling it, all under 2 seconds.

On another note - what if we end up with a lot of done ships (more than required by the shiplist) - will the shiplist be expanded?
Why stop with the Sovereign class (and other races counterpart) when we have more cannon/semi-canon classes:
Huttet, Achilles, Titan, Galaxy-X, Nierrh, etc....

20 Oct 2006, 10:15
Profile ICQ

:?:

The Valdore IS in, Trashman - it's the last ship in the Romulan build list and will be the most powerful ship that they can build - available at tech 12.

I know the Valdore is technically the Norexan class, but we had quite an argument over it and decided it was simply easier to call it the Valdore class - most people know it by that name anyway.

I agree with your assessment of the abilities of the Valdore, but we haven't seen anything "better" than the Warbird and if we don't give them a better ship, the Romulans will be seriously overpowered by the other Empires after TNG era. Since the Valdore is seen as a much newer ship, it makes a lot of sense to do this. Anyways, you can always mod it later on. You could rename the Valdore to the Norexan and make it less powerful but more maneoverable than a Sovereign, as an example. :wink:

We are only following canon where it makes the game enjoyable - if there are elements of canon that unreasonably restrict the playability of the game, then in that area we will go against canon. We're all Trekkies here, and we know doing so is a heinous crime; but it is a neccessary one for the sake of the game.

Additionally, the Hutet class will be in the game - Jig already built one! It will only be in as a mod though, not in the official game. This is because Dafedz has carefully balanced each ship so that it suits a particular role and has stats that make sense - we won't be having any fleet-destroying uber-Oberths... :( :lol:

...Yet... :twisted:

The Achilles, Titan, and Galaxy-X aren't in because Dafedz couldn't find a use for them - the Federation ALREADY has many more designs than the other races - but each design is an incremental improvement over a previous design. The other races will stick with individual designs for longer - but each new design will be a massive improvement over previous designs - especially with the Dominion designs.

We aren't ruling the ships out for mods though - in fact, we would encourage you to make them as mods. Just because the designs won't make it into the official release of the game doesn't mean they can't be in the game at all. :wink:

20 Oct 2006, 13:40
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I really fail to see what the correct naming of a vessel has to do with gameplay?

If the class is Norexan, then name it Norrexan.
Aditionally, why not use a non-canon ship for the Romulan top dog, and put the Norexan somewhere on pair with the Akira?

And FYI, I'm not a hard core Trekky - I don't even like ST that much (too many scientific loop holes)
----

On the Vor'Cha upgrade - when I made that ship I actuallyl had a Klingon counterpart to the Galaxy-X in mind. So becouse of a more radical design, it maby end up in a expansion insted of the standard game

EDIT:
- pic removed -

Time for a new pic:
1460 polygons, 1 512x512 texture :D

*I'll prolly add some more stuff...like pulse disruptors on the side of it's head or something...

20 Oct 2006, 21:43
Profile ICQ

Quote:
And FYI, I'm not a hard core Trekky

?! DIE!

:lol:

Like you said, hard core Trekkies vs casual viewers who will only know the ship as the Valdore. Valdore just makes life easier, and as i'e explained, we won't needlessly restrict the game for the sakes of canon.

If you're going to make these ships, it would be great if you created them as a mod pack - in fact, the "official" game(s) is going up to Nemesis era only - you could create a mod that adds the future ships to the game.

In fact, it would be great if there was some way of additionally adding even more tech levels, isntead of having it just end at tech level 12. If there were more tech levels, you could add your new ships in without having to make any changes to the existing stats, required tech levels, etc.

You'd have to speak to the individual programmers to see if this is possible/how it could be done though. You'd almost definitely be able to do it with MStrobel's Supremacy game though, because it's based on XML - and from what little I know of XML, it will make your life a LOT easier if you were to mod the game in such a way. :)

21 Oct 2006, 13:12
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Picture of hte Romulan cruiser updated :D

21 Oct 2006, 22:57
Profile ICQ

Yeah, I noticed your updated pic, trashman. Sorry I forgot to mention it. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I also posted a minor update - the Warbird is now correctly named the D'Deridex class...instead of the B'Deridex as I called it! :lol: :oops:

21 Oct 2006, 23:13
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Your models are excellent, TrashMan. I've got a few suggestions if you're looking for more models to work on:

- Shipyards (small, medium, large, and fleet yards) for each race. I forget the exact numbers, but I believe these sizes are capable of constructing 1, 2, 4, or 6 ships simultaneously. These can be fairly high in detail, as there would never be more than one per sector.

- Stations for races other than the Federation (5 classes: Outpost I, Outpost II, Starbase I, Starbase II, and Science Station). These can also be quite high in detail.

- Early (TOS-era) ship designs for races other than the Federation.

I think the race with the fewest designs at the moment is the Dominion, but I haven't kept much of an eye on the models, so I could be mistaken. Whatever you choose to focus your talents on, keep up the good work :).

21 Oct 2006, 23:43
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I'll see.. I generaly work when inspiration hits me and then I don't stop till it's done (the mesh - for textures I have far less patience and make long pauses).

I'll prolly ask RazorsEdge to help with some of the textures so it will go quicker.

Shipyards are no problem, as they are fairly simple - both in textures and shape. I'll do them soon.

21 Oct 2006, 23:51
Profile ICQ

Don't forget, we also need models of Orbital Batteries. They should be relatively small and low on detail, as you may have many of them protecting your systems. :wink:

I've added in the Science Station, Outpost, Outpost 2, Starbase, Starbase 2, Small Shipyard, Medium Shipyard, Large Shipyard, Fleetyard, and Orbital Battery for each of the races, to the shiplist now.

Trashman, since the stations will be few in number, feel free to go a bit overboard with the details. Make them complex-looking as well - especially the more advanced structures, like the Starbase 2 and Fleetyards.

We want these structures to look like they are truly massive, thriving, facilities that have been in development for decades - they should be entire cities in themselves, with thousands of windows, pylons everywhere, extra labs, docking ports, and so on.

Dafedz has a couple of pictures of possible designs, but I lost the link coz i've been having some problems with my computer lately. You'll have to ask him about it. :(

22 Oct 2006, 01:33
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Utopia Plantia shipyards are in orbit around MArs, right?

I don't know why but I though they were inside a starbase top module...

This page here has loads of original bluprints
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/bl ... -main2.php

For klingoin fleetyards I envision something heavily armed. Actually, I think that hte klingon fleetyards should add to the defense considerably :D

This page can help everyone get ideas on models - it has loads of them. We can mayhaps use some ot them.
http://www.staryards.com/archive.htm

22 Oct 2006, 10:14
Profile ICQ
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Federation Fleetyards.

Also, if anyone is making a ship that has galaxy-like nacelles, I can send him the perfect models for them i just made :D

And anotehr desktop backgound, with some mroe ships :D

22 Oct 2006, 22:07
Profile ICQ

I've posted up your Fleetyards, Trashman. I also posted a message about your kind offer.

Are you sending all thse models to Jig for safe keeping?

Oh, and Matress has yet another background. :mrgreen:

23 Oct 2006, 08:04
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I really should send them over ya know :D

To be sure they don't go the way of the Dodo (my last HDD died a few months ago, taking a LOT of my hard work and mods with it) I'll back them up.

23 Oct 2006, 11:35
Profile ICQ
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

If anyone is making a warbird I suggest you use THESE textures:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/fi ... bird;23849

Also, asking for a permission and model for this romulan beauty would be a wise choice - at only 2062 poly and one 512x512 texture it's in our budget nad looks good in Bridge Commander :D

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/fi ... 4#Download

23 Oct 2006, 12:19
Profile ICQ
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next