View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Sep 2024, 10:21

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Supremacy progress 
Commander
Commander

Personally I'm all for finishing what is already known, .... Then upgrade to make it better. As there will alsways be growth, I would like to see it complete in one form or another then as I said upgraded as time allows.

Guess I'm just over ready to really play something! lol
(That is encouragement! and not a nag)

27 Jan 2007, 20:45
Profile YIM
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

I've uploaded a minor update to the demo that includes both the Tech Database panel and the Encyclopedia panel in the Science Screen.

There is also an early preview of something I'm working on for the Diplomacy screen. You can read about it in my most recent reply in the Supremacy Demo thread.

27 Jan 2007, 21:50
Profile WWW
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

Just read it, so you have seen M003 ;)

By the way do tell what AI tricks you've been handing out, the more info the better, it's been to quiet around here :)

27 Jan 2007, 22:44
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

it's enough we know it :D

pretty useful stuff, considering the MoORfR work (mike knows.. ;))

28 Jan 2007, 04:35
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Glad to hear you found that tip useful, Malle :twisted:

28 Jan 2007, 05:08
Profile WWW
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

Malvoisin wrote:
MoORfR work (mike knows.. ;))

Ahh secret coded message, i shall get the tal shiar on this ;)

28 Jan 2007, 13:14
Crewman

Strobel.

Game is looking like it has enormous potential. I applaud your commitment and visual commitment to create a game that obviously looks like a new improved sequel to BOTF. Having played BOTF since it came out (1998 I think?)

I play Ulitmate Dominion Mod II on BOTF exclusively. I don't have the ability to go up to a higher resolution so BoTEs (the german guys mod isn't really compatiable sad to say)...

I think some of the pluses on your game - appears to be a flexible system not present in BOTF I - flexible in that it looks relatively simple for you to change / smooth out - once your engines finalised.

Once all the databasing and details are done - I'll beta test for you if you like? I tried it yesterday... currently some annoyances only a programmer like yourself can sort. On the details - I'm like a grade A+ trek fan - and know canonicity inside out.

No dipomacy yet. Can't wait to see your innovations in that regard.

Anyway, as I said on the BOTF Ulitmate Dominion Mod II forum. Supremacy is really exciting and until its ready developments on that mod will keep me going.

I just encourage and urge you to keep up on this project. I guarentee - if you go to a game developer in future having developed a game like this so alone - they'll be very impressed.

That and the fact you'll have brought joy (to the vocal like me) and countless thousands OR MILLIONS(?) whom love these sorts of games.

I'm just sorry I'm no programmer - or I'd help out... I'll just have to stick to chemistry...

Anyway Mike. Keep going. I'm dreaming about a game that really looks like something I would have done myself if I were able.

I'll keep monitoring your progress.

BTW squares is better than hex!! :twisted:

And the only other issue - is the "update from server issue". Does this not present security issues? I'd much rather a self contrained game that I don't have to be connected to the web to play !

Is this going to be the case in the final? - i.e. self contained?

Thanks Strobel anyway

25 Mar 2007, 18:13
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Hello markcr1, and welcome to the forums! Thank you for the positive feedback about Supremacy. As you mentioned, Diplomacy is missing at the moment, and that is something I am currently working on, though it is slow going. As for the "downloading updates from server" stage of turn processing, this exists because the game always runs in a client/server configuration for both single player and multiplayer games. It simply makes things much easier from a development perspective if things always work the same way. However, in single player games, the client does not actually connect over a standard network connection--it connects over something called a "named pipe", which is a standard method of inter-process communication in Windows, and does not pose any security risks.

26 Mar 2007, 02:01
Profile WWW
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hi there, markcr1, welcome to the site! :D

If you like databasing and things, we've got something you might like. A guy called Dafedz has already created a Database for us, and whilst it is now a little outdated because he was away for a month or two, it is still full of useful information. If you've played the Ultimate Dominion mod, you might recognise that name... :P

Dafed'z Database

Any comments you have on it would be very useful to him. :wink:

It doesn't matter that you have no programming skills - there are plenty of jobs available for those with a bit of enthusiasm!

As I said just now in another thread to another new guy, we need race voices, ship models, music, structure pictures, ship pictures, testers, and many other things before the game is completed.

Just look through the Jobs and Positions forum above - I have posted a few threads in there that may be of interest to you. :wink:

Again, welcome to the site.

26 Mar 2007, 15:58
Profile WWW
Crewman

mstrobel wrote:
Hello markcr1, and welcome to the forums! Thank you for the positive feedback about Supremacy. As you mentioned, Diplomacy is missing at the moment, and that is something I am currently working on, though it is slow going. As for the "downloading updates from server" stage of turn processing, this exists because the game always runs in a client/server configuration for both single player and multiplayer games. It simply makes things much easier from a development perspective if things always work the same way. However, in single player games, the client does not actually connect over a standard network connection--it connects over something called a "named pipe", which is a standard method of inter-process communication in Windows, and does not pose any security risks.

Thanks for letting me know about the security issue. Ah I think I have heard and seen of such things before in other turn based games.... - Not a problem then. It's just a windows process!!

As for the databasing - I'll take a look where I can. Although it's not exactly a speciality - it's obviously helpful having someone comment on things. If you check out the BOTF Ultimate Dominion Mod II pages
See UD MOD II pages

- you'll see that people play and quickly post suggestions to change the stats and so forth pretty quick. Would it be worth setting up a forum explicitly for each game section?

I see you did something like this on the "developer blog" you all have setup.

Anyway, I'll also discuss (Supremacy et al) on the BOTF I site - to try and ensure the "community" is aware of all this extrodinary innovation all you guys are doing on our favourite game!

26 Mar 2007, 21:18
Crewman

this game looks like its going to be really cool

like the interface and the general look of it alot more than empires

cant wait for something to be ready...ide happily pay alot of money for either or both the games

05 Jun 2007, 08:22
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

lol thats the second in two days someone has offered money.

So send it to cdrwolfe@paypal.com :D

just kidding, i don't think anyone wants or expects anyone else to pay to play.

Regards Wolfe

05 Jun 2007, 11:17
Combat Engineer
Combat Engineer

How goes it Mstrobel?

Work slowly crushing the will to live? :D

Or Exuberant joy from coding all day?

Diplomacy going ok, any further developments?

Regards Wolfe

21 Jun 2007, 22:24
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

I'm on a bit of a sabattical at the moment. It's been about a month since I've done any significant coding on Supremacy, and I suspect it will be about two more weeks until I dive in again. That would fit my typical pattern. I'm still in post-graduation living-large mode ;).

22 Jun 2007, 04:08
Profile WWW
Crewman

Not much going on in this thread which seems odd considering it is about the Progress, hope things are moving along. Any how cheers the game is highly anticipated and I for one am looking forward to it!

29 Mar 2008, 07:29

This thread died because we shifted pretty much ALL discussions about Supremacy to the Supremacy Pre-release Download Thread. I know this makes things more difficult for newcomers to the site to understand stuff, (39 pages of thread to read and counting :shock:) but it has made life a lot easier for those of us who have been here a bit...longer. :mischief:

There's no harm in kick-starting old thereads though. If you have any input or questions then feel free to ask. :)

29 Mar 2008, 09:51
Profile WWW
Crewman

playing UDMIII and waiting for new version of the mod

but the Supremacy pre-Alpha is so great!!!!!!!!! Waiting for more ^^

TNX mstrobel!!!!!!!!!!!

15 May 2008, 07:08
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

ALEKSSANDROS wrote:
playing UDMIII and waiting for new version of the mod

but the Supremacy pre-Alpha is so great!!!!!!!!! Waiting for more ^^

TNX mstrobel!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you like the game. More is definitely forthcoming--just not quite sure when yet ;).

15 May 2008, 21:23
Profile WWW
Crewman

Great game so far cant wait til its finished,Been playing botf with latest mod. Keep up the good work. :waah:

18 May 2008, 16:33
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2