View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 13:27

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
 The Shiplist - Jobs For People Who Want To Make Models! 
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yes. unfortunately the old one is still on the downloads section here. btw. we have a (newer) ship editor as well and quite frankly need every hand on it we can find right now :D

little advertising, I know hehe ;)

to get on-topic again, you might also wanna take a look at the UDM2 Mod for botf. The guys (siggi (german) and whiteeagle along with dafedz) did some pretty nice job there. They might be willing to lend us the model textures if someone asks politely..

31 Mar 2007, 13:21
Profile WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Yes that would be nice but this is not my duty I m crap in ship modeling on other hand maybe Kenneth or Trashman would be interested :wink:

31 Mar 2007, 13:36
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
OFFICIALLY CONFUSED

Malvoisin wrote:
btw. we have a (newer) ship editor as well and quite frankly need every hand on it we can find right now :D

little advertising, I know hehe ;)

to get on-topic again, you might also wanna take a look at the UDM2 Mod for botf. The guys (siggi (german) and whiteeagle along with dafedz) did some pretty nice job there. They might be willing to lend us the model textures if someone asks politely..

Questions:

1. So I ask siggi and whiteagle if they would be willing to give us models or join the team outright? (They, unlike me, are bilingual and there is an email address?)

2. So I can go ahead and rebuild the Colony Ship ( FEDERATION COLONY SHIP II -Edwards Class UPGRADE TECH 4 ) because we are not using the old ships and it is the Federation ships we should be doing first?

3. So we will have an updated list that reflect what ships really are outstanding vs. made and then lost vs just not uploaded yet?

Last edited by Kenneth_of_Borg on 31 Mar 2007, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

31 Mar 2007, 16:51
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

the ship editor thing was off-topic and just an example to show MoE that zips can be uploaded on botf2.com.

1. you can ask them in the open botf afc forum (kind of sister-forum to the one here!) http://armadafleetcommand.com/botf/inde ... 3599#13599 . You just need to register on the site there.

If you go one page back on that linked forum thread above, you'll find I already advertised your name there (but it's more some kind of fun idea of mine since they have no dominion voice there and still use the ferengi sound for the dominion player ;)).

yes, siggi is bilingual. the rest is american and english.

2. and 3. I can't answer. That belongs to the devels to answer.

since jig is workin on the UDM2 I think it's best we let him do the talking, won't we? :)

31 Mar 2007, 16:59
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Personally I would be glad to make all my ships and voice recordings available to them. I would hope they would do the same for us.

I just want to make sure that no one else here is upset by that. Can I speak for the group and offer all our ships, recordings and whatever to them? Can I point them to SharePoint to take what they need as we hope they will do for us? (At this point there is not a lot of ships on SharePoint to offer.)

31 Mar 2007, 17:14
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Since the botf engine is crucially different to any normal engine nowadays, I doubt they can use our models right off-hand. They need to adapt them and as far as I know that is a sisyphos task..

so they might not be very much interested in those or any other models except the ones they are doing for themselves (mainly from scratch to my knowledge).

but that's completely different with the voices. I mean that's totally up to you. In reply, they could share some of their dominion textures if possible.

Eitherway, I'm not speaking for the group here. That's mstrobel and jig's turn here. As I said I'd let them do the talking or sit together with them arranging some peace talks lol

you know what i mean ;)

31 Mar 2007, 17:20
Profile WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

What is actually UMD2 ?

31 Mar 2007, 17:51
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ultimate Dominion Mod 2.

Follow the link above. It's a mod for birth of the federation 1 featuring the Dominion and many new stats and ships.

31 Mar 2007, 18:25
Profile WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

I did n know that modding of original Botf is still alive.

I read some threads there and I wonder...

Is there any kind of data (ships,images) left from Gavin time?

Why so many projects in same time with scarce human resources?

Does Jigg and all other old members involved in anyway in developent of Supremacy? 8)

31 Mar 2007, 19:10
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

well what was made for Gavin's Project is - to my knowledge - mostly gone (that's what Matress is chasin after I think, don't know exactly).

the second one is a good question. Maybe because people back then in Gavin time were solely focussing on one project (which was never released) and they learned a lesson on their own. From my perspective, I can understand all this. After a while (and 4 years nearly is a while!) you just get fed up with everything and try to build your own game no matter what guy(s) come(s) along. So instead of having all capable men and women here focussing on supremacy and bote as the most "exact" successors of botf (exact in the meaning of close in gameplay) we have 2 further projects which I'm keen on getting my hands on the first demo :D (not to speak of the various botf mods that are still worked on, namely UDM2, UM3, Gowron's Balance of Power (unreleased yet), and so on. I think people should generally do what they wanna do, period. ;)).

I think it's legitimate and very much understandable though I'd very much like if such an experienced modder like jig would take a look at our shiplists and stuff (though I know we have a different system and there's the botf database, sure ;)). If you'd ask me I had done pretty much the same, if not earlier that time back then :)

to the last question. They built the botf database which will be the basis for mike to build the whole content thing and stats like weapons/shields strength of the different ships and races in the game. Also they made some pretty good 3D models we're currently chasin after. Maybe there's a way to get valid 3D models for botf2 out of the botf mod work if the original "unscrambled", i.e. unadapted to botf's missin-z-buffer engine, 3D model files are still available.

31 Mar 2007, 19:38
Profile WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Of course they do moddeling in some softwear 3ds or LW... if they have original model there is no barrier for useing it in supremacy or bote

31 Mar 2007, 20:08
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Nah, forget about Gavin, his project is 100% dead and gone. In all honesty i'm not even sure it existed in the first place. :evil:

BOTF1 modding is most definitely alive and kicking, Zeleni - the BOTF1 Armadafleetcommand Forums are more like the mother of these forums than a sister - if there wasn't an AFC, there wouldn't be a botfii.armadafleetcommand.com! :wink:

The most recent successes in BOTF modding are the ships themselves - the ability to actually arm modded/added ships with Phasers was something that took something like 6 years to crack, and it was only around Christmas time that it was actually cracked.

I still remember what it was like reading that the Connie finally had teeth...

It brings a tear to my eye... :cry: :P

Other mods are under constant development - UDM2 is just one of them. Anyways, check out the Forums yourself, but if you want to download stuff you will need to sign up - the downloads section is restricted to registered members only. You won't even be able to see what is in there before you sign in. Have fun. 8)

Who is this siggi? I've never heard of him/her/it before. :oops:

I certainly can't upload .zip files to sharepoint either, Mal. I've only got Office 2000 though, so that's likely the reason.

31 Mar 2007, 20:11
Profile WWW
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

Sounds like you should upgrade to Office 2007, matress ;). Since you're still using 2000, it'd be a worthwhile upgrade for you. The new interface kicks ass. I think Office 2003 is fully capable of integrating with SharePoint.

31 Mar 2007, 20:46
Profile WWW

Office 2000 still works so until the disks break or I "find" a copy, i'm not going to be upgrading. Lol I didn't pay for my copy of office 2000 anyway. I'm certainly not giving my hard earned money to a company for software that should come as a free ugrade as far as I care. :evil:

31 Mar 2007, 23:49
Profile WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Thats true.... capiatlist bastards lol :D

01 Apr 2007, 00:01
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I submitted a news article over at Birth of the Federation about the recordings and suggested further cooperation as far as that might go.

Now I will work on colony ships. The rest will work it self out over time.

01 Apr 2007, 02:37
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

hm, matress, trick 17 like we germans say: do rename the zip to jpg. upload it. rename it on sharepoint to zip (or let someone else download it, rename it on his hdd and upload it again)->done.

siggi is the 3rd member of the UDM2 team doing models and balancing there. Check out the readme of the new 2.1.1 patch.

sure you're right, botf afc is more the mother like the sister of botf2 afc here..makes sense.

01 Apr 2007, 07:29
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I lost my saved link to this really large library of Star Trek Universe ships. Someone here had shown me the site where you could lookup all the major race ships, new and old. Does anyone know what I am talking about? All I can find looks like this:

ImageImage

01 Apr 2007, 18:28
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

you mean ex astris scientia and memory-alpha? try google for that names, you should find the site immediately.

I don't really know of any other large library sites concerning star trek but on ex astris, there is a huge link section that covers pretty much every site that has something to show..

Edit: okay, battleclinic I forgot, look below .. ;)

Last edited by Malvoisin on 01 Apr 2007, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

01 Apr 2007, 20:15
Profile WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock. ... 0&r=pirate :wink:

01 Apr 2007, 20:52
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Thanks. That helps a lot.

03 Apr 2007, 03:05

Don't forget to check out the links section of the site - its on the top-left, second link from bottom - if you guys know of any links that could be added, then submit them so everyone else can look!

03 Apr 2007, 07:59
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Now that the red alert it over I am back at models. Per request I will work through the Federation ship list, (all be it very slowly.) Put me down for the Federation Colonyship II. (increased the poly on the saucer section to get the round look and have just taken the first step in texturing)

(The shuttle craft riding piggy back are named Skeeter, Jigalypuff, Mattress of Evil, Winterhawk, Mstrobel, Malvoisin, Nemitor_Atimen, Trashman and all the rest of my heroes. Yes, there are a few more colonyships with more shuttles to be named.)

10 Apr 2007, 03:07
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

TRANSPORT I
-Phobos Class
I see we have a Federation ship called a Transport. Are we talking about a freighter and not a troop transport ship here? It would call for something with a bulk transport look to it? Is this a big rig, supper tanker of the 24th century?

10 Apr 2007, 14:07
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

hm it's a multi-purpose transporter for troop carrying and building outposts, so it should be a bulk heavy freighter I think. Isn't there a pic in the botf1 files to have a quick look at?

10 Apr 2007, 14:30
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

OK. I was recalling the BOTF I ship was a "troop transport" and thinking this was something new. We will have some construction and even military role for this ship as in the orginal and it is nothing new. I can make it look something like the ship in BOTF I.

Last edited by Kenneth_of_Borg on 17 Apr 2007, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

10 Apr 2007, 14:47

Yeah, Malvoisin is right. The "Transport" IS the old Troop Transport from BOTF - but it will have more functionality, will be a general freighter, and will be a lot more useful than the old Troop Transport ever was.

Newer models will also be armed, although the early models won't be so equipped. If you're designing newer models, remember to add in details like Phaser emitters etc in the textures!

Shiplist updated. :wink:

10 Apr 2007, 18:07
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Thanks. That helps a lot. I may give the low tech one a construction arm like the Space Shuttle working on the International Space Station. That whould be a low tech detail but otherwise it can look like the original.

10 Apr 2007, 19:27
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Nice model Ken! :)

13 Apr 2007, 02:15
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

What name and or number do I put on the Colony-ship II?

CS - 134 ?

HMS Jigalypuff ?

Cut on dotted line, Best if used by 2435.14 ?

15 Apr 2007, 23:29
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next