View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 08:49

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 The Shiplist - Jobs For People Who Want To Make Models! 
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

It s done, first 3d model of Monean Fighter in history!
I know it looks like fat hog... Monean habitat is under sea so this ship is combination of spaceship and submarine :wink:

@Ken/ great orbitals maybe Romulan look to much like nose of warbird

15 Jun 2007, 10:02
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Location: Space is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence!
Very nice ship. Keep up the great work.
Yes, I am thinking about some re-design to the OB to make them look more seriously deadly. The new designs are on hold until I finish the Federation Cruiser V. It is a cannon ship and there is little room for artistic liberty and a lot of specific detail. :roll:

15 Jun 2007, 14:13
Evil Romulan Overlord of Evil - Now 100% Faster!

Hmm...thanks for pointing out ANOTHER missing race in the shiplist, Zeleni. :oops:

Looking good! Matress likes Aquaships. 8)

15 Jun 2007, 18:58
Profile WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Is this version better then the one before?

@Matress, I am afraid there is huge number of missin races in your shiplist! :lol:

15 Jun 2007, 22:53
Chief Software Engineer
Chief Software Engineer

I'd just like to take this moment to raise a beer to Kenneth and Zeleni for cranking out all these fine models :). You guys are making me feel bad for not spending more time on Supremacy lately ;).

16 Jun 2007, 00:15
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Mstobel

For my part thanks. I do keep looking back and seeing things I could have done better. It is going to take a long time to crank all these ships. I have not looked at the total ship count so as not to get depressed. If there is time though I will go back over the more pedestrian models I have built. Trashman has also built a lot of the models on SharePoint. I see other as well.

Zeleni

I would say the shape is good and the model is sound. Now that you ask for suggestion on things that might make it even better: I would note that the texture seams to change a lot form area to area, is it smeared on the wings a little, could the bridge take a little more detailing?

16 Jun 2007, 01:14
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Thx. Mike I like beer :twisted: Ok. which sort of beer is best in States? Some friends of me will say "Bud" but they arn t american. I need answer from "native" american!

@ Ken thanks for critics but what I need is accurate critic so....

1.Wings /texture problem will be changed

2.Bridge / hmm this is more cockpit then bridge... What do you mean Ken...
more details on dark glass or space around cockpit?

3. Nose / Will stay, looks powerfull enough to crack water

Feel free Kenneth te tell anything that bothers you... :wink:

16 Jun 2007, 09:07
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Wings/ modified, is it better now?

Tamarian cruiser reworked to Tamarian cruiser late version, I am aware is not best solution but for now will do until something better is created.

16 Jun 2007, 09:52

Ooh wow looking even better! As this ship is obviously the advanced Tamarian Defender, i've swapped the ships over - Kenneth, your vessel is now the Early Tamarian Defender. :wink:

Quote:
Posted by Zeleni
@Matress, I am afraid there is huge number of missin races in your shiplist! :lol:

Check the most recent update to the shiplist! :mrgreen: :oops: :lol:

16 Jun 2007, 19:16
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

The wings look great!

Here are some examples of texture files from my library of downloaded files.

From Battle Clinic http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock. ... 0&r=pirate you can download models and look at their texture files. From this and other site I have built up a library of textures to use in models. I copy elements and rework them to my needs. Detail like this will give the finished model a better look. The cockpit looks to be low detail compared to what we might see in other ships. You may need an increased poly count to take on the more detailed textures for this need.

I am currently increasing the poly count on my 3d model of a Voyager sister ship to give better perspective to the textures. Some windows face forward and the hull faces more up. I had to go back and put in the recess where the windows are located. Then I textured this new group of polyies in a face-on view with a window image. The surrounding hull is textured as seen from above. I could not make the windows show up from above and the hull would smear if I textured from the front. This is my way of explaining what I mean about detail on the cockpit. This is what I am doing right now with the USS MOE.

16 Jun 2007, 21:56
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

I agree with you Ken thats the way for big ships... Acamarian destroyer needs new texturing so I will keep in mind those points... but Monean fighter (1500 poly) is small craft (one-seat craft) maybe smaller then Voyager escape pod with simple mono-window cockpit... that was intention ! :) :)

16 Jun 2007, 22:32

If it's texture files you're after, I've got plenty of models for Starfleet Command 2. I've uploaded all the Federation models to a free file hoster Here.

I included all of the model files - so you've got the lighting and the models themselves as well. Starfleet Command has plenty of other races though, so if you want those as well let me know.

There are designs for the Klingons, Romulans, Hydrans, Lyrans, Mirak, Interstellar Concordium, Gorn, and Orion Pirates. Each race has the same basic ship types - Shuttlecraft, Fighters, Frigates, Destroyers, Light Cruisers, Cruisers, Heavy Cruisers, Battlecruisers, Heavy Battlecruisers, Carriers, Dreadnoughts, and Battleships. The Lyrans also have Pseudo Fighters, which are essentially souped-up Fighters that have shields.

All of the races also have Defense Stations, Science Stations, Base Stations, Battle Stations, Starbases, and Shipyards. I haven't included the stations in the file, but again, let me know if you want the files.

The zipped file itself is actually very small - only 3.75Mb. I hope the file works coz that sounds pathetically small. Most of the files are bitmaps and in my experience, bitmaps are the biggest image files there are. :?

17 Jun 2007, 00:45
Profile WWW
Aesthetics Surgeon
Aesthetics Surgeon

Maybe it s time for texture folder on sharepoint... to form base of 100 decent textures.

17 Jun 2007, 08:37
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

17 Jun 2007, 20:58
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Hello. I am not Kathryn Janeway's Voyager. I am her sister ship the USS MOE. As you can see I have a lot in common with Voyager but there are differences in my construction.

18 Jun 2007, 01:45
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I became disappointed with many of my Orbital Battery designs. This is a second attempt at a more interesting shape for the Federation Orbital Battery. If there is time or someone else comes up with a good model we can revisit them yet again.

ImageImage

23 Jun 2007, 23:48

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Nice one Kenneth!

...And what happened to my message about Voyager...? :?

That's a nice model too!

24 Jun 2007, 19:55
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I missed your message about Voyager. The USS MOE is a model I would like to go back and refine. It is a little sloppy to my eye.

Here is the Klingon Surveyor II as I see it.
It is based on the body of a Heavy Scout as we already have in SharePoint . It has a new bridge for the Surveyor (reconnaissance in force) mission.

24 Jun 2007, 21:28
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I see that we have no credit for a Klingon Scout in this thread's ship list. On SharePoint there is a Klingon ship called Raptor D1 "KLIheavyscout"

I recall that it came from Trashman but was uploaded by me. Please give Trashman credit for the model. I would say call it Scout II. I will do a Scout I that is more like the classic Bird of Pray.

24 Jun 2007, 21:48
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I am trying to get my Klingon ships (ducks) all in a row. In our ship list what line of ships does this original series model belong in?

26 Jun 2007, 19:55

The Raptor was a ship from Enterprise and that is precisely the model that Trashman made. The file was originally called "KLIheavyscout" but I changed it to Raptor D1 to reflect this. (D1 for Destroyer I)

It's hard to tell from such a grainy picture, but I seriously doubt you'll find a better one because TOS WAS grainy!

The ship in the picture iseither the Gr'oth D7 or the K'tinga - there was very little difference in these ships other than in size and hull panelling. If you scale them the same though, this is what they are like:

Sorry about the watermark, I guess I'll have to...buy...the program that I made the morph with... Image

26 Jun 2007, 23:16
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

OK. So is the D1 a scout on the ship list? I am not sure where the D1 Raptor fits in your ship list. I was wondering if we could name the ships on sharepoint to match the designation in the ship list. This will help me keep them organized as I build new ships. It looks like we have a scout I and two entries called scout II in the ship list. Should there be a scout III in the list? Is the D1 Raptor a scout I? I was thinking the Bird of Pray (BOP) should be scout II or what?

What line is the D7 in? Frigate or Cruiser or what on the ship list?

27 Jun 2007, 12:32

I'm in work right now so can't check everything I want to, but here's some points for you:

:arrow: The Raptor is the Destroyer 1 and is NOT a Scout.

:arrow: The B'rel IS the Bird of Prey, and is the ONLY model for the Klingon Scout type, even though the Klingons will get three Scouts. The B'rel will be one of only a very few ships that are getting upgrades rather than being replaced by a "better" class of ship. The ships that are getting upgrades instead of replacements are usually ships that have been around for considerably longer than other ship types, or are known to have received upgrades.

To show that a ship is an upgrade and we're not being lazy, we can do either one of two things: 1) have three different (But roughly similar) models; one for each upgrade, or 2) use the same model but have different textures, with the early B'rel having a very low detail, birdlike paintjob, and the later textures be much, much, more detailed and show hull panelling, pipes, windows, etc. As I said above, the reason for this is that the B'rel is an extremely common ship that was used for hundreds of years, and to my knowledge, there are at least 5 variants of the B'rel - possibly more.

:arrow: The Gr'oth D7 and the K't'inga are BOTH Battlecruisers - the Gr'oth D7 is the Battlecruiser 2 and the K't'inga is the Battlecruiser 3 AND 4 - like the B'rel, the K't'inga will be getting an upgrade instead of a replacement. The K't'inga is known to have been upgraded around TNG/DS9 time which is why it has an upgrade. :wink:

Whilst the models for the Gr'oth D7 and the K't'inga are so similar however, I really do need to emphasize the size difference - the K't'inga is around 2-3 times larger than the Gr'oth D7. It is a huge vessel - in comparison to older Klingon designs, that is. The two imgaes were just size adjusted by the morphing program that I used to make it easier to morph. The Negh'Var is even larger that the K't'inga though!

:arrow: Ignore the D5/D7 part of the name of the Bortas D5 and the Gr'oth D7 - these are Federation designations that many people use to help identify the ships. Another example is that the Klingon Bird of Prey is the D12. They are NOT part of my own designation system where D1 = Destroyer 1 etc.

As an example, the Starfleet Command games use the Federation designations to a much larger extent than what I have shown in the shiplist, and has modified it depending on the ship type - for example, Freighter and Frigate designations are F and E, Destroyers and Light Cruisers are D, Heavy Cruisers and Battlecrusiers are C, whilst Super Battleships are B. The A designation has been reserved for any superships that the Federation has not yet identified. Carriers and Fighter-carrying ships have an additional designation of a K at the end of their designation. The most powerful Klingon ship in Starfleet Command 2: Empires at War is the B11K Superbattleship. It is actually the most powerful ship in the game...until I modded it, of course. Now its invincibibble. :twisted:

27 Jun 2007, 13:12
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Sounds good. I looked in the Image Library on SharePoint and put in the designation D1 in front of the Raptor for Destroyer I. I put BC2 in from of the Gr'oth D7 for Battle Cruiser II and AC2 in front of the Super Vorcha for Attach Cruiser II. If that is OK with you it will help me keep it striate with the subsets on the ship list as I build new models. I have two Bird of Pray models under development that can be scout I, II and later III. I will put the S1 to S3 in from of the BOP to keep them clear if that is OK with you? If this looks good we can go back and add the designation to the model files under shared documents on sharepoint to line them up with the images. 8O

27 Jun 2007, 14:21
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

I wonder if we have a broader issue with ship class and function. Across the major races it looks like we do not have all the same class of ships. Some have heavy scouts and others do not. Some have heavy destroyers and others do not. The Romulans have a BattleHawk class and others do not. Do they need to match class to class and tech to tech or not? This is a question for the devs to answer.

If they do or not we, I, still need a system to keep track of all the ships on the list verses all the ships no sharepoint for all the races. Something like S1 = Scout I, D1 = Destroyer I, BC2= Battle Cruiser II would work for my needs. Could we set that up and us it on the list and sharepoint please? hopefully when devs go to put these models into the game this will help them plug a Super Vorcha in the right place. I need to be able to tell what is built and what is not. Just a name leaves me guessing as with the Raven on Sharepoint and Scout or Destroyer in the ship list.

The ones that are not built I need to get a reasonable look for against your expectations and that of other knowledgeable fans with your expertise. For that I will consult you as we go along.

27 Jun 2007, 15:19

The entire system has been worked out by Dafedz - he spent a LOT of time working it all out, although without an actual combat system in place, it hasn't been tested. :(

Then there's the fact that it hasn't been looked at or updated properly in...well, almost a year now. I have a lot of confidence in Dafedz's system though. He really did put a lot of thought into it, and I perssonally provided some advice and ideas as well. Unfortunately the thread where we discussed the shiplist died when the game development tforum was deleted a few months ago. :cry:

Even though the ship classes don't appear to match up, it doesn't matter. Every race has its' own weaknesses and strengths - that's half the point. The classes of the ships are all essentially the same, they just have different names because they were designed by different races. One races' battleship is another races' warbird. :wink:

Quote:
From Dafedz's Database
FEDERATION

General Bonus: Average in all areas
Unique Strength: Research
Ship Capabilities: Strongest Shields (mid-late game)
How usually deployed: Many mid-sized cruisers. Expensive Capital ships
Ship Weakness: High deuterium usage

KLINGONS

General Bonus: Highest Deuterium efficiency
Unique Strength: Ground Defence (hardest to conquer)
Ship Capabilities: Most experienced crews (+ some ships cloak)
How usually deployed: Battlecruiser mainstay of the fleet - best cruiser in the game in comparison stat for stat with other empires.
Ship Weakness: Highest Morale penalties for losing ships or battles

ROMULANS

General Bonus: Most Dilithium (on canon or approximate map)
Unique Strength: Intelligence
Ship Capabilities: Cloaked ships
How usually deployed: Manly Heavy Warships, weaker fleet support by lesser ships
Ship Weakness: Warships slow, poor manoeuvrability in combat

CARDASSIANS

General Bonus: Most Raw Materials (or highest % bonus)
Unique Strength: Best Internal Affairs (highest Morale control)
Ship Capabilities: Best ship hulls, cheapest to build/maintain
How usually deployed: Large number of slightly less efficient ships
Ship weakness: Lowest refire rate (recharge)

DOMINION

General Bonus: Most Officers per turn (Jem'Hadar)
Unique Strength: Most efficient economic turnover
Ship Capabilities: Fastest ships, best weapons
How usually deployed: Many Attack Ships - best deployed as a Storm Group
Weaknesses: Least experienced crews (slowest training rate), plus low level of research races in Gamma Quadrant

This might be useful to you as well:

Quote:
Also From Dafedz's Database
DESTROYER/FAST ATTACK
FRIGATE I
FRIGATE II
FRIGATE III
HEAVY DESTROYER
ESCORT

DESTROYER I
DESTROYER II
DESTROYER III
DESTROYER IV

DESTROYER I
DESTROYER II
DESTROYER III
HEAVY DESTROYER

DESTROYER I
DESTROYER II
DESTROYER III
HEAVY DESTROYER I
HEAVY DESTROYER II

ATTACK SHIP I
ATTACK SHIP II
ATTACK SHIP III
ATTACK SHIP IV

CRUISER/WARSHIP
CRUISER I
CRUISER II
CRUISER III
CRUISER IV
CRUISER V
HEAVY CRUISER I
HEAVY CRUISER II
HEAVY CRUISER III
TACTICAL CRUISER

BATTLECRUISER I
BATTLECRUISER II
BATTLECRUISER III
BATTLECRUISER IV
HEAVY CRUISER I
HEAVY CRUISER II

CRUISER I
CRUISER II
CRUISER III
CRUISER IV
BATTLEHAWK I
BATTLEHAWK II
BATTLEHAWK III

CRUISER I
CRUISER II
CRUISER III
CRUISER IV
HEAVY CRUISER I
HEAVY CRUISER II

BATTLECRUISER I
BATTLECRUISER II
BATTLECRUISER III
BATTLECRUISER IV

COMMAND SHIP
EXPLORER I
EXPLORER II
EXPLORER III

ATTACK CRUISER I
ATTACK CRUISER II
ASSAULT CRUISER

WARBIRD I
WARBIRD II
WARHAWK

DREADNOUGHT I
DREADNOUGHT II
DREADNOUGHT III

BATTLESHIP I
BATTLESHIP II
BATTLESHIP III

As you can see, the ships do match up and there are reasons for the differences. I hope that puts you more at ease. :wink:

I'm perfectly happy for you to update all the models. Let me know when the images are all done and i'll update the shiplist images to match the new file names. :wink:

Last edited by Matress_of_evil on 28 Jun 2007, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

27 Jun 2007, 19:21
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

That looks real nice and it helps a lot. Let's do this. Let's rename all the models on Sharepoint by the names above as seen in the ship list. No codes but the Raptor become Destroyer I. Any name like Raptor or Bird of Pray can be looked up on the ship list as needed. This way we only need to edit the Sharepoint list that is much smaller than the ship list on page one.

I will get in an edit the Sharepoint as I find time. Now I can keep the one to one relation of ship list, special name, prior model build and Sharepoint clear in my on little head.
:wink:

27 Jun 2007, 20:01
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Help. What ship on the Shiplist is the Federation Norway as seen on SharePoint Image?

Thanks to Jig we have a lot of Cardassian ships completed. There are a few on SharePoint as well and some overlap with Jig's models. I took the liberty of assigning those on SharePoint a kind of Card ship we did not already have listed as completed on the Shiplist. Please check my choices on SharePoint for the Cards against the Shiplist and what you would expect.

You should double check the list and look for ships on SharePoint that may not have credit for completion on the Shiplist.

I see Zeleni put in a Romulan CRUISER III, -R'Derex .png image in the SharePoint Image Library but I can not find the model in the 3D models of SharePoint.
Also the DESTROYER II, D'Raniden, An image but no model?
Also the Romulan D Renet. What is it's class and is there a model? I PMed him about this.

Up to now I have been through the Federation, Cardassian so double check in there. I will pick up again later to complete work in the Romulans. Things are a bit of a mess and this will help us clean it up to be game ready.

I never would be able to check them off on the Shiplist without using the class name like Destroyer I. God only knows what the Alksjfj'jasdjf ship is. A Dilusian Heavy Battle Duck II or a Bipolarian Psychotic Hospital Ship III?

In re-naming SharePoint ships using the Shiplist naming by class we preserve all the work that went into the shiplist.

Last edited by Kenneth_of_Borg on 29 Jun 2007, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

28 Jun 2007, 02:34

The lack of models is something I addressed a month or two ago; some people didn't respond. :evil:

If there's a model missing but an image available, bug the maker of that image for the model. If they don't respond, then delete the image and i'll update the shiplist. We don't wanna say ships are built when we in fact have nothing. The more accurate the list is the more models we will have. :wink:

There are one or two models that have been made that aren't actually in the shiplist - the Galaxy-X and the Norway are example sof this. These models will be useful later on for mods or posibly even if we decie to expand the shiplsit even further. We might need to think about having a separate file loaction for these file to ensure people don't get confused.

Make anmy changes that you feel appropriate. As long as you let me know so I can update the links, I honestly don't mind what you do.

...Now I just need to add in the "Dilusian Heavy Battle Duck II" and the "Bipolarian Psychotic Hospital Ship III" to the shiplist... :P

28 Jun 2007, 20:19
Profile WWW
Ship Engineer
Ship Engineer

Sounds good. I will try to finish the clean up in SharePoint in the next day or two. You can see the naming system Sharepoint uses now to match the ship list in races completed. I did use one level of code. When the models migrate out to games some would end up with the same name, Destroyer I for example. To take care of this I put a one letter designation for major race, R is for Romulan. I will then have to go back and make sure the files as well as the folders and images all have the correct names. For now I will designate an extra ships not seen in the ship list as "extra mod galaxy X" rather than "F Explorer III" for the other explorer class Federation ships.

I have already sent a PM about the images without models. I will leave the image for now and until we hear or get tired of waiting to hear.

28 Jun 2007, 21:35
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next